Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Cannabis, the effect from increasing photo-period by only 15 or 30 min.

Thread Title Search
Cannabis, the effect from increasing photo-period by only 15 or 30 min. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2014, 06:41 PM #1
shaggyballs
Banned

shaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond repute
Cannabis, the effect from increasing photo-period by only 15 or 30 min.

Let's discuss this, Please
I don't want to muck up the other threads.
But this is Ground breaking news for me.
shag
shaggyballs is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:39 PM #2
Beta Test Team

Beta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the rough
https://www.gwpharm.com/uploads/final...isdjpotter.pdf
Beta Test Team is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:24 PM #3
Riddleme

Riddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really nice
up or down there is a lot of info out there, most notably articles/books by DJ Short where he explains that you can bring out indica features using a 13/11 schedule and sativa features with an 11/13. He also says to go plus or minus in 15 min increments to find sweet spots for various genetic traits.

For the last year I have run 11:20/12:40 to get sat traits to show and it works great. I just recently switched to a 6.5 hours on, .5 off, 4 on, 13 off schedule to see if I can lesson the effects of midday depression.

and don't forget the gaslight 12/1 veg lighting
Riddleme is offline Quote

Old 10-24-2014, 07:41 PM #4
Beta Test Team

Beta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the rough
That claim by DJ about making NLDB into WLDB (and vice versa) by changing photoperiod is total horse pucky. As are lots of things he claims. In terms of growing plants I would suggest taking what he claims with a grain of salt. He's good at breeding, but he makes crazy claims about growing.

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:01 PM #5
Riddleme

Riddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta Test Team View Post
That claim by DJ about making NLDB into WLDB (and vice versa) by changing photoperiod is total horse pucky. As are lots of things he claims. In terms of growing plants I would suggest taking what he claims with a grain of salt. He's good at breeding, but he makes crazy claims about growing.
not sure what you mean by NLDB into WLDB? but I have played with the timings for over 2 years and have seen results similar to what he talks about. I also breed and make crazy claims about growing lol most folks think I'm nuts but I have pictures that show it happened. I pretty much experiment non stop
Riddleme is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:02 PM #6
Weird

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta Test Team View Post

have you used his information within the proper context, say testing hybrid progeny of indica/sativa lineage with those techniques?

im sure you haven't

when you do take some pictures and show us hes wrong

galatians 6:7

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Nobody every told me I found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

Old 10-24-2014, 08:03 PM #7
Weird

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddleme View Post
not sure what you mean by NLDB into WLDB? but I have played with the timings for over 2 years and have seen results similar to what he talks about. I also breed and make crazy claims about growing lol most folks think I'm nuts but I have pictures that show it happened. I pretty much experiment non stop
narrow and wide leaf drug type

a newly adopted acronym cause the weed nerds are trying to be cool like computer geeks

trust me it gets real old real quick

og geek

galatians 6:7

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Nobody every told me I found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:10 PM #8
sourpuss

Not sure if thats what dj meant... I think he saying it will bring out those sativa traits more with the 11 13 cycle vs a 12 12 cycle. Not make a indica grow like a sativa.... just the way I read it.....

Old 10-24-2014, 08:20 PM #9
Beta Test Team

It's my understanding, and maybe I'm wrong, that DJ was referring to making for example, WLDB into NLDB, that is, the leaves would change, too. Like poof! Now it's a new genotype due to a photoperiod change.

If that's not the case then I stand corrected about that specific claim of his, though I'm not sure that's not the case. I will wait to be proven wrong by someone who can post his words in full context. It would help to remove the ambiguity of his claims.

Regardless, I provided science to show what happens in some cases, and from my reading it's not what DJ is claiming...

Old 10-24-2014, 08:28 PM #10
Beta Test Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddleme View Post
WLDB is "wide leaflet drug biotype," which is a much more correct term for the "indica" genotype than the term "indica." NLDB is "narrow leaflet drug bioptype," for "sativa," for the same reason as before.

This relates to preference for accuracy in terminology as it relates to the species debate for the genus Cannabis.

Currently the seeming generalized consensus among researchers is the genus Cannabis has but one species: sativa. And all the distinctions made are of different genotypes from the same species. Now, this could prove to be untrue, but right now that doesn't seem to be the case. Either way, using NLDB and WLDB is fitting, even if there is more than one species in the genus Cannabis.

And I'm not claiming photoperiod and flowering duration (days) don't affect the quality (and quantity) of the final flowers, they sure do. Just not to the degree DJ seems to claim in certain cases.