Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Help for new guy. Can't find Foxfarms Ocean Forest anywhere.

Thread Title Search
Help for new guy. Can't find Foxfarms Ocean Forest anywhere. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2020, 09:02 PM #11
JohnR171R

JohnR171R will become famous soon enoughJohnR171R will become famous soon enoughJohnR171R will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandomota View Post
I don't know maybe buy any potting mix don't complicate your life it's not the end of the world
You must be a better grower than me. I've tried a bunch of different soils as well as tried making it myself. Ended up with nothing but yellow leaves and dead plants until fox farm.

After i tried FF my plants grew very well with no problems.
JohnR171R is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2020, 09:05 PM #12
TakenByTheSky

TakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR171R View Post
Thanks guys.

OK i called Fox farm the other day and this is what they said.

They are cranking out their product just like they always have. They claim there is no slow down on their end for any reason. The only idea they came up with was that when everybody got laid off from their jobs for covid they started gardening to keep themselves busy.

I have no idea what the reason is but thats what they told me.
I know someone that works at a grocery store and I asked about the lack of some items and they told me there is a shortage of truck drivers right now perhaps maybe the same issue is happening with soil delivery as most soil comes by palletized freight shippers.
TakenByTheSky is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2020, 09:11 PM #13
dddaver

dddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivor
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Foxfarm-F...9-Lbs/20594750

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2020, 09:29 PM #14
JohnR171R

JohnR171R will become famous soon enoughJohnR171R will become famous soon enoughJohnR171R will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenByTheSky View Post
I know someone that works at a grocery store and I asked about the lack of some items and they told me there is a shortage of truck drivers right now perhaps maybe the same issue is happening with soil delivery as most soil comes by palletized freight shippers.
Great minds think alike. I had the exact same notion but i have no way to prove it.

Old 07-18-2020, 10:52 PM #15
yardgrazer

yardgrazer has much to be proud ofyardgrazer has much to be proud ofyardgrazer has much to be proud ofyardgrazer has much to be proud ofyardgrazer has much to be proud ofyardgrazer has much to be proud ofyardgrazer has much to be proud ofyardgrazer has much to be proud ofyardgrazer has much to be proud ofyardgrazer has much to be proud ofyardgrazer has much to be proud of
In my neck of the woods garden centers have definitely been going gangbusters since May. I'm sure border and shipping issues play a role as well, but IME garden centers are often out of a lot of garden products this late in the summer. Add increased demand and supply chain issues and...
yardgrazer is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2020, 04:45 PM #16
JohnR171R

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardgrazer View Post
In my neck of the woods garden centers have definitely been going gangbusters since May. I'm sure border and shipping issues play a role as well, but IME garden centers are often out of a lot of garden products this late in the summer. Add increased demand and supply chain issues and...
Yeah the lateness of the season is another reason i thought of for the shortage. Fortunately i have just enough left over for my next grow but I'm the kind of person who keeps a stockpile of a couple bags around as a back up. I don't wait to run out before i go shopping.

Old 08-01-2020, 06:23 PM #17
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant future
Well, the shortage is legit. Two Thursdays ago (23rd) I found my favorite local shop all out of FFOF with no ETA. Thankfully the other local shop had some but man I hate giving them my money. Without fail it’s the same every time: 5 - 8 millennial dudes sitting around behind the counter bullshitting and offering no help, not even a greeting upon entry. Terrible vibes.

For what it’s worth, John R, the woman who manages the good shop is really on top of her game and they brought in Mother Earth Groundswell soil to fill the void - so if it’s available to you it might be worth a look. She says the nutritional load is comparable to FFOF. I got a couple bags. I found it to be a heavier/denser mix. I added some Light Warrior, Fruit & Flower fertilizer, and some extra perlite. Transplanted three plants into it earlier in the week. Time will tell.
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 08-01-2020, 06:49 PM #18
CannaRed
Cannabinerd

CannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivor
Same problems here in Virginia.
I heard that last fall they had a fire ot their plant. They were just starting to recover from the fire when covid came and knocked out the workforce.
Then on top of all that the whole world wants to plant victory gardens and grow their own food, now that they aren't working.
--- Useless.Gardens

My current thread
CannaRed is online now Quote