Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Classic Seeds > Classic Seeds Pictures

Thread Title Search
Classic Seeds Pictures Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2020, 01:03 AM #111
texasjack

texasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmavis View Post
Coming along nicely - Afghooie looks great!

Sounds like a plan regarding the tent walls. Been hot as hell here lately, but I reckon nothing compared to what you're used to dealing with. I will be dropping my tent(s) coming into fall when I pop G-13 x NL #1 and going back to HID... will also flower a cut or two of CCR under HPS - I need to get a comparative baseline if I am to get a better handle on LED.

Grand Funk and RGM coming along nicely outdoors. I topped RGM. Not planning on topping GF as of now.

Grand Funk:

View Image View Image

RGM:

View Image View Image

Something about this plant... took two cuts, both rooted nicely. Will flower one indoors. Probably hit her with some pollen from G-13 x NL #1.
These strawberry diesels have red sap. It's an IBL maybe the seeds i'm making will have it too.

Strawb.D female

Strawb.D male
texasjack is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2020, 03:05 AM #112
texasjack

texasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nicetexasjack is just really nice
Strawb.D back & Afghooie

Jack Frost

Sour Cookies

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2020, 03:09 AM #113
texasjack

These Afghooies have extreme vigor and great structure. Grows fast.

She was planted awhile behind the others. Way after the sour cookies.Great structure strong stems nothing thin or whispy you need to cut off. The male has the same structure and fast growing. Must be the landraces. 2 landrace Afghanis x landrace mexican . Afghooie - 70s Afghani x Maui Wowie ( 70s Afghani x Mexican landrace)

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2020, 05:58 PM #114
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant future
Strikes me as fitting that a stain named Strawberry Diesel would have red sap running through its veins. Cool stuff!

Hell yeah, Afghooie is looking great! Got some good stretch on her.

I am still surprised at the strong branching on RGM. Much stronger than they appear. Was going to try to push Grand Funk until the end of the month before transplanting but she's looking like she really needs it now. Will wait until the end of the month for RGM and then put her into a 10g fabric pot. Last year was my first year growing outdoors and I waited until the plants were definitely starting to flower yet not knotted up and I think that was too late. I was surprised that I never saw any roots coming out of the pots and then at harvest when removing root balls I found they hadn't populated the fabric pots. So plan to transplant a bit earlier this year...

RGM:

Also going to start G-13 x NL #1 and Classic Mayhem at the end of the month.
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:54 PM #115
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant future
Last year was the first year to grow legally outdoors here (without med card). Neighbor was obviously on his first grow. His plants looked terrible and I was sure they would not turn around. He used soil dug up from his yard without adding anything to it. I tried to encourage him to buy some bagged potting soil and transplant them in hopes of saving them. Instead he went to the local compost pile (free) and transplanted into that. A friend of his gave him some Roots Organic Uprising Bloom that he top dressed with. I was very impressed with the turnaround. Had never heard of it before.

Supply for FFOF is tight and since I had intended to use outdoor grows as a chance to test different soils - but not this year what with all the craziness - I find myself jumping in because I want to preserve what I have to be able to use my same soil mix indoors this fall... and next spring I will also be visiting the compost pile.

Earlier in the week I transplanted Grand Funk. She is in a mix of 1 bag Groundswell, 1/2 bag Light Warrior, 3/4 cup HF Fruit and Flower and some extra perlite. I really should’ve transplanted her (or supplemented her waterings) much sooner. But five days later she’s already bouncing back. RGM has done very good in my normal soil mix and seemed content nutrition wise; yesterday I transplanted her into Roots Organic soil mix and will supplement with their Uprising Foundation and Bloom per instructions. Should be interesting.

Grand Funk:

RGM:

Tomorrow I will start soaking G-13 x NL #1.

Great weekend to all!
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:15 AM #116
sunstone

sunstone will become famous soon enoughsunstone will become famous soon enough
beautiful plants bro!

high up, over there , texas jack absolutley stunning pics & even better plants ibeen lurkin here a couple o years , till probs outside my control took control! i used to post on hemp depot till jb split with everyones shit. i managed to getsome of his strains before the rip!- i hope they will still germ for me still, i think the oldest seeds (jaclyn i think) then i got his romulan( tru ibl( a little slow@ first but so potent ! )_ malian hl/col.gold/sour.d - thai/c99/rom/cant re memberwhat else was in it ,-jack frost ( good) n i was just in te process of getting erkle/fire ogj when jb split with goods ny how , please let me know how classic is doin- really hope hes gettin better--& pease send hi my best wishes & a speedy recovery yours onelove sunstone!
sunstone is offline Quote

Old 08-02-2020, 08:39 AM #117
sunstone

sunstone will become famous soon enoughsunstone will become famous soon enough
ps. shmavis sorry bout tha, i thought i was lurkin @ texas jacks pics,my bad, _ same message applys i was lurkin both cool to see you rippin it up high& slow (preservation???)
sunstone is offline Quote

Old 08-05-2020, 02:38 AM #118
texasjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstone View Post
high up, over there , texas jack absolutley stunning pics & even better plants ibeen lurkin here a couple o years , till probs outside my control took control! i used to post on hemp depot till jb split with everyones shit. i managed to getsome of his strains before the rip!- i hope they will still germ for me still, i think the oldest seeds (jaclyn i think) then i got his romulan( tru ibl( a little slow@ first but so potent ! )_ malian hl/col.gold/sour.d - thai/c99/rom/cant re memberwhat else was in it ,-jack frost ( good) n i was just in te process of getting erkle/fire ogj when jb split with goods ny how , please let me know how classic is doin- really hope hes gettin better--& pease send hi my best wishes & a speedy recovery yours onelove sunstone!

Cool. glad you are here. I'll probably talk to classic tomorrow.

I dont have any of the mali,col.gold,sour d seeds or the thai/CG c99/rom either. Did you grow any of those out?

I have pics and smoke report on the (Thai x Columbian Gold) x Romulan x C99...i'll find and post them.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:05 AM #119
texasjack

(70s Thai x Columbian Gold) x (Romulan x C99)

harvest window for these plants at 68-75 days

"I could go into exact details about each pheno here but I don't think that would be too helpful since these are individual plants. So instead I'll just do a broad overview and talk about the pheno people liked most.

Growing:
As plants, these were all vigorous, easy-to-grow, quick-flowering sativas which is not something I've come across before. Normally, sativas take some talent to grow correctly. Many growers have trouble keeping plants healthy for a short 60 day flowering period. Sativas can go 100+ days and to really do them justice, you need years of experience (read: mistakes). What I liked about these is that 70 days yielded a strong, uppity buzz that you'd expect out of a plant that would take 90 days to finish. This seems to be a cross that just about anyone could grow to experience the clearer, more energetic side of cannabis. My patient's favorite pheno actually yielded really well too and I bet she'd be a total monster outside.

Smoking:
Overall these are good sativas as they're clear/slightly stoney with a good intensity and no comedown. I didn't get any paranoia, I thought these were all pretty social/functional, and a strong buzz sticks around for around 2 hours. The phenos varied physically but the highs were pretty similar. Patients liked number 2 the most because it seemed to have the most kick. All of them had a similar incense flavor which was earthy, musty and sweet. I usually expect a 'creeper' buzz out of sativas and number two was somewhere between a creeper and something that hits immediately. She seemed to have a thought-provoking buzz that went great with music and kept you awake to get stuff done.

My favorite pheno happened to be number 3 but this is based purely on the buzz. She had a mild euphoria to her and you'd find yourself smiling for no reason just enjoying a random moment of nothing really. It's one of those mood-elevators I suppose that makes you appreciate how fortunate we are. This type of buzz reminds me of my sativa benchmark: kali mist.

Overall impression
The 3 plants I had were good sativas. I liked the power of number 2 the best and coincidentally, she was the best yielder and finished in under 70 days. She's not the best sativa that I've ever smoked, but she beats out a lot of 'em. My all-time sativa benchmark is old Kali Mist and while Kali is more powerful and has a buzz that sticks around longer, this cross has a similar buzz and she's done 30 days quicker! I should add that this was the easiest sativa that I've ever grown so when you add up all the positives (yield, ease of growing, vigor, visual appeal, buzz), she's definitely worth taking a look at. Something else that's noteworthy is that my patients really enjoy number 2. I had a compliment just last night as she called it 'the thai' and wondered when more would be available. Visually, number 2 has that appeal that wont scare off your average patient as some patients don't like to see that classic airy, wispy, red-haired sativa in their medicine jar. Even though those wispy flowers could yield an experience of a lifetime, I guess some patients eat with their eyes first?

I'm keeping number 2 for a few runs and it's not that I thought I pulled her early, but I'm going to take her out to 80 days or so to see if she changes. During my first few runs with kali mist, I was pulling her at 11 weeks because she 'looked' done. Now I take her over 14 weeks and she's sooo much better than she was at 11. I'll be sure to report back on how a few extra days of flowering affects this cross."

plant #1 (Thai x Columbian Gold) x (Romulan x C99)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:08 AM #120
texasjack

(70s Thai x Columbian Gold) x (Romulan IBL x C99) plant 2