Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Adding PH up to micro? Bloom? For dosatron

Thread Title Search
Adding PH up to micro? Bloom? For dosatron Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2020, 07:51 PM #1
JJ Lowe

JJ Lowe will become famous soon enoughJJ Lowe will become famous soon enoughJJ Lowe will become famous soon enough
Adding PH up to micro? Bloom? For dosatron

We switched over from jacks to Lucas recently using 2 dosatrons. The jacks and RO would PH out to 5.8ish. The GH micro/bloom combo is around 5.4. Trying to avoid adding an additional injector if possible. I experimented around with adding the ph up to the stock solutions, the micro didn’t work so well, the bloom seemed to mix in without any issues.

Any reason I couldn’t just add PH up to the bloom as needed for a final PH of 6? Would it eventually fall out of suspension? Anyone tried this?
Thanks..
JJ Lowe is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:45 AM #2
Absolem

Absolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivor
Nutrient companies like to keep their ph around or under 4 to stop any microbial growth. If you are topping off your dosatron once a week adding ph up to only that then your good to go. If you are adding ph to the whole bottle and it sits for months it will make the preservatives less effective causing the nutrients to have some funky growth inside.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2020, 04:06 AM #3
JJ Lowe

JJ Lowe will become famous soon enoughJJ Lowe will become famous soon enoughJJ Lowe will become famous soon enough
I’ll tinker around with it a bit. Usually burn through the 6gallon tanks every few weeks. Maybe I’ll start with some 1gallons. Thanks for the info!!
JJ Lowe is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2020, 04:51 AM #4
Absolem

Absolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivorAbsolem is a survivor
Going through them that fast I don't think you will have any issues.

Happy Growing.

Old 08-01-2020, 04:27 PM #5
JJ Lowe

Just a quick update, I did a trial run mixing up some ph up with the bloom, it worked great initially, but after a few hours it started to separate causing some crystallized sediment to form at the bottom on the solution. I ended up just purchasing a Milwaukee ph controller for my RO res that feeds the injectors. So far so good..
JJ Lowe is offline Quote

Old 08-01-2020, 06:50 PM #6
Braie

Braie is on a distinguished road
what is your ph up ?
Braie is offline Quote

Old 08-03-2020, 12:21 AM #7
JJ Lowe

GH
JJ Lowe is offline Quote

Old 08-03-2020, 01:18 AM #8
G.O. Joe

G.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud of
Maybe using half the amount wouldn't precipitate the Mg.
G.O. Joe is offline Quote