Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Worldwide Cannabis Guide > Did the vikings smoke weed?

Thread Title Search
Did the vikings smoke weed? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2020, 10:29 AM #61
saluki
IC Mag Supporter

saluki is a jewel in the roughsaluki is a jewel in the roughsaluki is a jewel in the roughsaluki is a jewel in the roughsaluki is a jewel in the roughsaluki is a jewel in the rough
I would guess that most of the cannabis that reached Europe would of arrived through the trade routes that have existed for centuries. If spices and silk reached Western Europe all the way from the far east then why not cannabis and its derivatives. I read that the Romans did smoke "hemp" for medicinal and recreational purposes, that is just the term that was used in the source I read.

The Hashasheen https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Assassins were said to have been drugged or manipulated to become Assassins in the cult of Hassan-i Sabbah from early child hood. They would be addicted and were said to consume hashish but there isn't any evidence of them consuming hashish before or during a battle/assassination. I would agree with many in here who think that the vikings didn't smoke cannabis before a battle. Maybe afterwards but I believe fighting under the influence of cannabis would be counter-intuitive. It doesn't give you courage like a few horns of mead would or perhaps not give you courage but numb you to the potentially dire consequences that are likely to befall you in the coming engagement.

In the Arabian peninsula right now many know of captagon a drug that is consumed in pill form which is a mainly amphetamine stimulant. It gives you energy for hours and keeps you awake. It will make the most stable person more prone to violent tendencies and irritability delivering them into an almost fearless state. What ever it was the Vikings were taking before battle that would morph them into their "berserker" state I would be willing to bet it 100% wasn't cannabis.

Love this thread, I am no expert in this just sharing my thoughts so as to spur the discussion.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:08 AM #62
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
imagine all the physical pain they lived with.

i'm sure they used alcohol to deal with some of it.

HECK YES they consumed Cannabis/ hemp.

But to smoke it, you need a pipe or a cigarette.

What did the Vikings use to smoke pot ?

or were they all into edibles ?

they would have had the resources to make good butter.

plus, what happens to the Viking Woman who brings her Viking Man some good pot ?

she gets better sex, probably.

are there any burial tombs for the head Vikings where they buried them with Viking Zigzags, for the afterlife ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu60uj0_-Nw

Trump's Lysol Moment @ 25:00 in video from Thursday April 23.
St. Phatty is online now Quote

Old 07-15-2020, 04:33 AM #63
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Vikings did what they wanted.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:56 PM #64
Nannymouse

Nannymouse is just really niceNannymouse is just really niceNannymouse is just really niceNannymouse is just really niceNannymouse is just really niceNannymouse is just really niceNannymouse is just really niceNannymouse is just really niceNannymouse is just really niceNannymouse is just really niceNannymouse is just really nice
The word 'hemp' was used for ALL classes of Cannabis prior to the last century. Plus, many non-cannabis plants were called 'hemp'. Many of the cannabis plants used for rope,etc did have some thc content, just as you can grow a tall variety of psychoactive cannabis today and use it to make fiber/rope.

Today, we use the word 'hemp' to mean a type of Cannabis that has no psychoactive results.
Nannymouse is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:34 AM #65
MindEater

MindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post

What did the Vikings use to smoke pot ?
Their helmets duh, dual bowls loaded at all times.

PS there were no viking women they were all flaming homos. And if you think I'm being insulting it's because you're a bigot!
MindEater is offline Quote