What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Forum Cut S1

Peripheral

Sincity has Forum BX...just grabbed me some...they used SinMint in the backcross..DJXX

Def some fire there I bet...

Thing with crosses or popping beans these days, seems better to by like 5 packs of the same thing, do a nice proper pheno hunt and keep the winner...

I picked up 3 packs of OGKB x Purple Punch, they come with 10 beans each pack, Also nabbed a pack of tahoe x TM) x purple punch..

At least one of those is going to be a keeper on the level the Jungle Boys are playing on, if not multiples..

Notice how you never really hear of a cut called "skittles #306"..

Even something like gelato, which has two fire cuts floating around cali are only numbers 41 and 33...

Breeders are pheno hunting with a lot less numbers than people realize, which means the fire they are showing pics of can easily be sourced and grown, again, if you pick up mulitple packs, the more plants a keeper is better than, the more rare it becomes..

Dont know why I went off on a tangent there, sorry :)

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Def some fire there I bet...

Thing with crosses or popping beans these days, seems better to by like 5 packs of the same thing, do a nice proper pheno hunt and keep the winner...

I picked up 3 packs of OGKB x Purple Punch, they come with 10 beans each pack, Also nabbed a pack of tahoe x TM) x purple punch..

At least one of those is going to be a keeper on the level the Jungle Boys are playing on, if not multiples..

Notice how you never really hear of a cut called "skittles #306"..

Even something like gelato, which has two fire cuts floating around cali are only numbers 41 and 33...

Breeders are pheno hunting with a lot less numbers than people realize, which means the fire they are showing pics of can easily be sourced and grown, again, if you pick up mulitple packs, the more plants a keeper is better than, the more rare it becomes..

Dont know why I went off on a tangent there, sorry :)

Really the only way to go about it... Granted ppl get lucky from time to time but numbers are necessary in modern gear, the influx of unstable clone only with sketchy or uncertain backgrounds get tossed in the mix, n then mixed with each other to get a new loud out
... back when the breeders would grow out huge populations n make selections n spend years working lines they did the work for ya n a pack or 2 would get ya exactly what ya wanted, , today's game is rush rush rush, can't blame the seed maker it's the buyers markets publics fault, god forbid u spend some years working n finish to find out your to late n nobody is interested nemore... Legalization n cannabis coming out from under ground n taken from us becoming a main stream market open to weak individuals n corporate is ruining cannabis genetically, financially, taking everything that made it special to breed a solid strain or just be a grower turned it into the shit it is today... And it ain't getting better before u know it everything with have an og tag on it...

Peripheral

Really the only way to go about it... Granted ppl get lucky from time to time but numbers are necessary in modern gear, the influx of unstable clone only with sketchy or uncertain backgrounds get tossed in the mix, n then mixed with each other to get a new loud out
... back when the breeders would grow out huge populations n make selections n spend years working lines they did the work for ya n a pack or 2 would get ya exactly what ya wanted, , today's game is rush rush rush, can't blame the seed maker it's the buyers markets publics fault, god forbid u spend some years working n finish to find out your to late n nobody is interested nemore... Legalization n cannabis coming out from under ground n taken from us becoming a main stream market open to weak individuals n corporate is ruining cannabis genetically, financially, taking everything that made it special to breed a solid strain or just be a grower turned it into the shit it is today... And it ain't getting better before u know it everything with have an of tag on it...

I totally get the context of your statement, obviously there are still great breeders, those who spend years documenting, running through thousands of plants... DJ Short comes to mind..

Alot of what is available today tends to exhibit more phenotype variation, leading to increased numbers to properly isolate the pheno you want..

I know right now for instance, that I can buy a pack of Sensi skunk1 and find that most of the plants exhibit the same characteristics, which is a testimony to the skill of the breeders..

Great post..

Brianmooredc1

Im making s1's of the clone only thin mint in the next few months.. If youve grown the forum out then you know they are similar, the thin mint finishes a little longer, I think it yields slightly better..

Hey peripheral, I hate to bring up an old thread but I don't have enough comments yet to dm you, lol!

Have you made any s1 seeds of the tm yet? Id love to test some, for sure!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seeing that quote mede me curious as well.

At least in the outcome of the TM seed making pj. Did ya get it done? Have you started any seeds (if so)?

Also, I just re-read the thread and am even more curious about the particular plant Chimera selfed. Which one, exactly, was it?
If the story Chi gave is true, & I have no doubts that it is, then his S1s must have been made using the Thin Mint (Jigga) cut.

Since I've got 2 of those fems running the course, my curiosity is piqued.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
MJ, the cut from which Chimera showed a picture looks a little different than the pics that I've seen of the so called thin mint cut. It didn't even look like the forum cut. But it could be due to different conditions. Also Mr. or Mrs. Peripheral wasn't posting since June. He/she also didn't answer PMs anymore.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chimera S1s
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Which one?
I'll go check 'em out...
Haven't really taken the time yet as they're growing with a couple more Cookies crosses.

The plant in the white tub is giving me aromas of overripe cantaloupe & hints of a pineapple upside down cake.
It's too hot outside right now. I'll get to the other one after while. Ima chilax & have a beer.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
There's a company called " Cool Creek Genetics" at a site with lakes that are great. That company sells GSC Forum S1. Out of stock right now, but at least you know that company makes them.....

I looked those up and they are back in stock and only $10 a seed.

beats $50 for a mystery S1 bean with a pedigree so proper that the breeder can't talk about it online or show the results of their "testing".
talk about ass rape...

Imma stick to cookie bagseeds...

OGKB GSC S1 aka CookieBoi
picture.php

OGKB GSC S1 aka OGKB 2.0
picture.php

OGKB GSC S1 aka Stink Panties
picture.php

OGKB GSC S1 aka the Three
picture.php

this is what separates my beans from the rest, male cookies to improve your other gear.
that and the price, lol.
picture.php

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
No internet an actual room at abjas , good times many double boilers n Dabbs not certain who else was there think it was me Yprop retardo hydrosun deez n I think krunch ..

This is a pretty good one. There's a few people offering S1's of the Forum. I may do it at some point.

It's funny how many people I see claiming a cut that I gave out freely and it's not even the right one. Mislabeling of genetics is a real issue these days. I remember loudly calling out some people at the Hightimes cup in Denver years ago who had a jar labeled Forum. I told them it wasn't, and they said it was. I told them the cut came from me, so there was no point in fronting.

Dawe

Forum is such a great plant. I tried someones "Jelly Donut" which is forum x king Louis, It really smelled and tasted like Jelly Donuts. Does anyone know anymore about this particular cut?

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Forum is such a great plant. I tried someones "Jelly Donut" which is forum x king Louis, It really smelled and tasted like Jelly Donuts. Does anyone know anymore about this particular cut?

That's from my guy Whadeezlrg. Not sure if that cut is still around. He might still have it. He's on the boards here.

Mightyka

Veteran
The leaf pattern of this Forum cut bag seed (S1 or x Flare kush) looks similar to Chunkypigs Stinky panties. I like this mutation :)

picture.php

picture.php

Golden Tree

GSC S1 (Arkenstone) Chimera

Pollinated by two selected Chem 95 studs that are outstanding! (Chem Dog X Chem 4 (Rev)

Hope all you IC duders are well

GT/GBG

Attachments

• IMG_6602.jpg
    IMG_6602.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6604.jpg
    IMG_6604.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6610.jpg
    IMG_6610.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 47