What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 Micro Grow 2017

Jonnysact

Hey family!

I haven't been on here in ages but I wanted to show you guys what I've been up to since the new year.

The lady bought me some Cx99 seeds by Female Seeds for X-mas and they popped out of the coco on Jan 1st.

Germination was done by placing the seeds in water and leaving them in there for 12 hours after they sunk. Then they were placed into wet paper towels and stored in a dark, warm environment:

tF8wsII.jpg

I decided to put away the ProMix for now and go back to coco as it was the only medium that left me with the least amount of deficiencies and problems.

The beans popped out on Jan 1st!

Ar2TY5B.jpg

Here is my little micro grow op. I generally Veg in the left "PC grow box" styled box equipped with 2 Kessel 150W purple LED grow lights and some USB fans and then Flower in the two Rubbermaid containers (31"Hx22"Lx12"W) equipped with a 270W UFO LED purchased from Amazon. But since the holidays required me to be gone for over a week, I had to restart the perpetual grow cycle so I just put the babes in the larger container right off the bat.

0fgnYww.jpg

I decided to name the ladies Abigail and Adele. Just going up the alphabet really ;)

HUQyI6p.jpg

Jonnysact

After 2 weeks, the ladies started to explode and really bush out. They were staying short, tight internodal spacing and already pushing out tops in a hurry.

yKo7Aog.jpg

On day 17, they were already becoming root bound so I transplanted them from their solo cups into their final 2 gallon containers.

FEkiS9j.jpg

MIGWg32.jpg

I kept the coco moist for transplant as I read it helps reduce transplant shock. After about a day they were back to praying and this is where things really began to take off.

Began feeding regiment at around day 18 giving them a quarter strength feeding of GH Flora Nova Bloom. I also topped them and noticed that the new grown was a little bit on the pale side, so I whipped together some Cal Mag foliar spray (150ppm) and gave them some misting in the mornings on the under sides of their leaves. Within a day or two, they greened right back up and growing resumed at full speed

8dnlRwL.jpg

Here they were on day 28 from seed, looking lush and loving life. At this point I was watering with feed every 2nd day. My tap gives me water at 150ppm and I fed GH Flora Nova Bloom at 250ppm for a total of 400ppm, but this was burning her EVER so slightly... Jeez... A quarter strength burning lol.

9v9KBT2.jpg

Jonnysact

I left the ladies stretch out for a few days and it became quickly clear that the larger fan leaves were blocking all of the light from hitting the lower nodes that I badly wanted to see stretch so I could tie them down.

ploRobQ.jpg

I removed the larger fan leaves that covered the bud sites but didn't do any aggressive pruning/defoliation. She didn't seem to mind one bit

C60D9ay.jpg

Jump to 3 days later and upped my feed to a total of 450 (150 water + 300 GH FNB) and have been feeding her this every morning, water to waste.

4QPCa5H.jpg

And here they were yesterday.

iA01sLe.jpg

The ladies will get some more tying down/LST this morning along with a little more pruning and then I'll let them just do their thing for 10-14 days before taking some clones and then flipping them to 12/12!

Stay tuned for more micro grow fun ;) You can also follow me on MassRoots if you are on there! MR: Jonnysact

Jonnysact

Took a photo of Abigail right before her morning session :)

pamlFT7.jpg

Both ladies are fully tied down now. Now we wait to see her legs stretch a bit and let those tops pop up everywhere!

RsvnLTh.jpg

~star~crash~

i appreciate your enthusiasm & ur photography is really good...also very cool that u named your plants...peace;)

D

Dioni

Awesome pictures and very healthy plants...will be tagging along.

S

sillyhead123

hey man, im growing some c99 seeds also, in a spacebucket :) I have 2 spacebuckets stagered just like your grow. Hopefully my c99 is a female, 1 more week til i know..

LostTribe

Premium user
First of all, welcome.

Second of all, its called C99!

Thirdly Coco is meant to be watered multiple times daily and stay moist otherwise soil is pretty much the same....If you let coco dry out it will start to hold too many nutrients and it will need to be flushed every few weeks. If you start to see deficiency flush asap.

starke

I'm subbed. Great looking girls. Photographs look like magazine quality. Can't wait to see the outcome.

Jonnysact

First of all, welcome.

Second of all, its called C99!

Thirdly Coco is meant to be watered multiple times daily and stay moist otherwise soil is pretty much the same....If you let coco dry out it will start to hold too many nutrients and it will need to be flushed every few weeks. If you start to see deficiency flush asap.

Hey LostTribe, thanks for the advice! I am aware that coco needs to stay wet. I remember watching my PH drop significantly when things got too dry when I first tried coco. But I absolutely love the medium. I normally water to 20% runoff to avoid salt buildup but only water once daily.

I do, however, miss the infrequency of having to water in ProMix and definitely wasn't going through nutrients nearly as quickly. Coco seems to guzzle the stuff. But that growth.... And in promix I constantly battled deficiencies. Coco is the only medium where I've been able to keep my plant green.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Jonnysact

I'm subbed. Great looking girls. Photographs look like magazine quality. Can't wait to see the outcome.

Hey Starke, thank you my friend! It's amazing what the little cameras on our phones can do with the assistance of a little light :)

Stay lifted!

Jonnysact

Hey Lara,

night temps vary between 70-73 and day temps between 73-78. A lot of that is up to whatever temperature it is in my bedroom.