What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DON'T read if you've spent money on "Girl Scout Cookies"....

psyphish

Veteran
I'll never get to taste the real GSC, because I'm in Finland, BUT, after growing a lot of strains that were frostier and better looking than any GSC picture I've ever seen I have to wonder what the big deal is. Even my G13 Labs Chocolate Heaven freebie was frostier and it had the most interesting doughy chocolatey aromas I've experienced. My last round was Peyote Purple, which produced the frostiest and most colourful royal looking bud I've seen. So I'm guessing GSC either has a really unique high, or people are just victims of hype. Is it just another OG?

Tiami

sure it doesn't look lika an OG. not fair to judge anything by the look, saying that I'd grow any seed from Bodhi or Cannabiogen before this cut. solely judging by the look..

hype? defenetly.
something special about GSC? there must be defenetly.

aggathatkagga

pfffff...i'm a bit bore about the organic myth: cannabis it's a fast plant..if u like the taste of the horse shit uses organic...if i want to feel the real taste of my weed i have to give just what she needs.

That's pretty solidly one of the dumbest statements I have heard in a while. I don't care to correct you, I just wanted to point out how stupid that sounds

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
having said that mine was a quote from ben dronkers (sensi seeds growing manual 1992).
over the past 20 years I have always done the farmer and said my many acquaintances and at the level of quality of the flavors I have very little competition in europe. :)
i talk about INDOOR growing: mineral it's better.

J

johndoe123

If your looking for a cross that is close to the forum cut i would try to get some of cannaventures or archive seedbanks here is CV cookiewreck 8 weeks in
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

The taste does come thru. I had some samples of the forum from a cali despensery. These two pheons are so close on taste.... I mean 99 % cookies

macamus33

indabonga, You are way off on your thinking. I will put any TLO grown bud up against any of your top synthetic chemical grown bud any day of the week. The flavor, potency and bag appeal are off the charts compared to synthetic chemical bud. It does not matter how long you flush/how careful you are. I can tell immediately on smoking if it was grown with sythetics. It is like night and day and your ignorance is shining thru when you make that statement about organically grown TLO bud.

B

BredForMeds

Sherbert? Can you tell me any more bout this strain? I ask because I am hunting for a pheno in Old Timer's Lot 5 that I called Fizzy Orange Sherbert. Its the only herb I have ever had that the flavour fizzes on your tongue - is this the case with this Sherbert?

that fizzing on ur tongue had nothing to do with the weed haha

harry74

Veteran
having said that mine was a quote from ben dronkers (sensi seeds growing manual 1992).
over the past 20 years I have always done the farmer and said my many acquaintances and at the level of quality of the flavors I have very little competition in europe. :)
i talk about INDOOR growing: mineral it's better.

It looks like you have met personally a great number of european growers. ¿How many thousands?

Funny statement.

Homebrewer

Veteran
indabonga, You are way off on your thinking. I will put any TLO grown bud up against any of your top synthetic chemical grown bud any day of the week. The flavor, potency and bag appeal are off the charts compared to synthetic chemical bud. It does not matter how long you flush/how careful you are. I can tell immediately on smoking if it was grown with sythetics. It is like night and day and your ignorance is shining thru when you make that statement about organically grown TLO bud.

Between you and your plants, YOU'RE the only one that cares where the essential elements come from.

I think the thin mint GSC is damn fine smoke. Good buzz, good looks, great flavor. I'm glad I tried it but I wouldn't be waiting in line for beans.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Agree with all of this.

From what I read the platinum is the best cut.
Followed by OGKB.
The Forum cut would be next.
Not sure about the animal.
Best meaning most resin, most yield and most potent. Anyone else have real world experience feel free to chime in.

If the original was because of a hermi, then it carries that gene in it's makeup and that is why you see hermi's in it's offspring. Similar to the hermi issue with blueberry.

when animal first came around i would say it was definately better than forum in terms of yield and smell/taste. OGKB and platinum produce some seriously nice nugs, but the veg structure of the plant is kind of bad it doesnt grow like a normal cannabis plant. OGKB was the closest result to the cookiefams "thin mint" they had the same exact look, real white and frosty with longer spear shaped colas. forum/animal is smaller rounder colas with lots of purple tint and a candy grape scent on top of the normal OG/cookies funk.

gsc and cherry pie were created at same time from what I hear.... some Asian cats were growing the gdp and flo ridah og...when they through a new clone probably stolen..labeled f1 durb in the mix...being newbs and not knowing whats going on they hermed the durb onto the gdp and flo ridah...aka triangle kush....aka crippy ...anyways....the seeds off the gdp sparked cherry pie...the seeds off of the flo ridah the cookies....ogkb stands for ogkushbreath a member on these threads...its a cut he got from buying herb from a clinic in sf and found a seed...if im not mistaken...

i dont know how accurate that is, jigga and powers claims the hermie happened in their own room. however there were definately asian cats growing GSC back in the day, and Forum was sourced from an asian warehouse grow.

i just dont see how GSC and CP were made at the same time, unless they popped all the GDP seeds first and found the CP pheno and got that around for 2 years. then went back into their seeds 2 years later to find GSC?

theres just alot of murky info in the backstory to their cut, some of the info doesnt match up with the stories that were told back in 2008 about its origin. theres other info but alot of it is personal and could incriminate people so it will never be made public on the forums.

JetLife175

Veteran
this information was found online... might help a little, or add to the mystery.

"some girl scout cookie info i thought i would share

big shout out to the real cookie creator
we love it over here at connoisseur genetics
reposted from facebook couldnt share for some reason?

The true story of GirlScoutCookies.
G.S.C. is C.P.K.
I only know of six people who KNOW the real story. Me, my wife, the two drivers, Berner and Jigga.
St. George (not his real name) is a killer breeder north of Laytonville. He crossed Cherry Pie with Chemdawg and called it CherryPieKush. It had a couple phenos, I settled on what is known as cookies. He gave it too a few of us and asked us not to call it Cherry Pie Kush yet because it was not stable and threw a few seeds. When the driver reached Berners he asked Berner to not call it CPK, Berner was eating actual girl scout cookies when it arrived and said it tasted like girl scout cookies. The day it showed up he named it and marketed it as girlscoutcookies. If you can find it in youtube comments you will see that when I quized Jigga he admits (We call that pre-cookies). Im sure they have front crossed it.
But as far as them saying that they created the strain, thats bullshit. They need to give at least Chemdawg his credit even if St. George wants to remain silent. Early in life it smells like lemon pledge (thin mints?) but if you wait till it is ready the smell changes to the cherry pie smell"

So yeah.

jdkronyk101

its a cut only accident, the guys who say they made it are notorious for making bullshit claims. buying seed from any of the supposed seed gurus will get you nowhere close to the real deal as always. get the cut , or get over it. the seeds cannot duplicate the quality of the accident...ala...sour-d,o.g.,chem-dog.... sound familiar. the seed industry is at best very dishonest, cuts guarantee authenticity, but the cut trade can be just as dirty...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.phpalbumid=14147&pictureid=1202826

gsc clone

Last edited:

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
It looks like you have met personally a great number of european growers. ¿How many thousands?

Funny statement.
really funny...maybe you should inform yourself before giving air to the mouth ;)I work as the second sommelier and live in one of those areas where, from the wine to the ears of earwax, it is marked "dop"and "doc"....u know the members dr penthotal or ifrane?a the italian cup where both after me. :comfort:

Team Microbe

Veteran
I'm with you microbe, way too much ego in the canna world. It's the "cool kid syndrome" run amuck. I am amazed at all the additives, poisons, and unnecessary bullshit people use in their gardens and around their homes. The big ag mentality has so many people brainwashed it's sad.

thanks man, I had to eat mushrooms to realize that ego is bullshit to be honest hahaha... before that I was just as naive as the rest of those fools. Phew, that was close!

i allmost spent some money on cookie x seeds /

haha I did too, I blew over a hundred bucks on BC Bud Depot's "cookies". I chopped em up right before I would've tossed em into flower and added it to my compost pile haha

Had to save the best for last....

pfffff...i'm a bit bore about the organic myth: cannabis it's a fast plant..if u like the taste of the horse shit uses organic...if i want to feel the real taste of my weed i have to give just what she needs.

How many years have you been growing buddy? I'm confused as to why you think synthetic nutrients are better for you/taste better than organic TLO buds, because it's obviously not based off of hard facts...

To give you a quick lesson (since I have sympathy for guys like you, as I was a synthetic grower at one time): Synthetics contain salts in them compared to organic matter in which is salt-free. The big deal about salts is that they reside at the cellular level, and cannot be flushed out at the end of your run. You can flush a good amount out don't get me wrong, but you're still smoking a good 30% of it that's stuck inside your flowers. This is that chem-like after taste youre tasting right now. Notice how your trees burn black or grey ash instead of white. These are those salts I'm talking about! You want white ash, that means it's organic and salt-free.

And your statement: "If I want to feel the real taste of my weed I have to give it what she needs" fails to make sense to me, unless youre tripping on acid and can smell colors and feel flavors lol. You should do a detox because it sounds like the salts are beginning to build up in your system :chin:

I think what you meant to say was that plants really need say was that plants truly need synthetics to thrive. This couldn't be further from the truth, unless you're secretly going out and fertilizing our National Forests behind everyones backs.... how do they flourish and thrive so much?! You're welcome for blowing your theory out of the water just now lol

Instead of further ripping into you, I'll leave you with a book to read that'll not only change your grow game, but will let you view plants in a whole different manner. This is like a hidden secret, if you choose to use it then you deserve the wisdom behind this door. If not; well... then ignorance truly is bliss. The book is called Teaming with Microbes. No, I am not Jeff or the other author lol. I'm just a grower that appreciates this book more than any other because it completely changed my grow game! #gamechanger? #TLO_FTW? awwww yeeeeee :tiphat:

TLO Flowers (to back this post up):

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
I will say I spent money on a GSC cross, Cookie Wreck from CannaVenture, and it so far has been awesome. I was very pleased with the smell, taste, high, and overall look of the plants and buds. Even though the forum cut (and a few other cookie cuts recognized as real cookies) are out there and plenty of people have them now, I still fell the money was well spent on these seeds. I'm actually now trying to find somewhere that has OGKB hybrids coming out soon. I live in on the east coast and having these beans available to someone like me is like a blessing. I don't go to cups or have well connected friends (for now) so its nice to get a chance at things like cookies even if its a cross. Take care 1

Homebrewer

Veteran
To give you a quick lesson (since I have sympathy for guys like you, as I was a synthetic grower at one time): Synthetics contain salts in them compared to organic matter in which is salt-free. The big deal about salts is that they reside at the cellular level, and cannot be flushed out at the end of your run. You can flush a good amount out don't get me wrong, but you're still smoking a good 30% of it that's stuck inside your flowers. This is that chem-like after taste youre tasting right now. Notice how your trees burn black or grey ash instead of white. These are those salts I'm talking about! You want white ash, that means it's organic and salt-free.https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50618&pictureid=1185970&thumb=1

My apologies if this news bursts your bubble but organic matter does indeed contain salts. Plants use salts for food. The source doesn't matter, it's all the same to the plant.

harry74

Veteran
really funny...maybe you should inform yourself before giving air to the mouth ;)I work as the second sommelier and live in one of those areas where, from the wine to the ears of earwax, it is marked "dop"and "doc"....u know the members dr penthotal or ifrane?a the italian cup where both after me. :comfort:

I beg your pardon sir:bow::bow::bow:.

Team Microbe

Veteran
My apologies if this news bursts your bubble but organic matter does indeed contain salts. Plants use salts for food. The source doesn't matter, it's all the same to the plant.

Plants don't prefer amendments high in salt though, like manure-based composts, wood ash, and things of that nature high in pH. Salts aren't good for you to consume as a smoker, that's why I use manure-free compost and amendments very low in salt. So low that I consider them to be salt-free pretty much... but I stand corrected organic matter DOES contain salts. I just wouldn't use any of those amendments that are high in salt for cannabis, that's all. It's like synthetics - kinda counterproductive when youre growing medicine

Latest posts

Latest posts