What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best blueberry you have grown smell/taste..

Miraculous Meds

My memory is not always the best, but if I recall correctly, when DJ and Chimera did their joint project, I believe some B130 pollen was in the mix. Now that project is very old, but there are still beans from that project over at real gorilla seeds under seed boutique under chimera. I snagged a pack of gfxbb a year or two ago (while it was still seed boutique) and popped 3 beans, all three germed and gave me healthy plants (2 males, one female). The female tasted dead on like blueberries, not blueberry candy or blueberry skunk or blueberry muffins, it tasted exactly like you had blueberries in your mouth. And it was stronger than what I had anticipated. Just a heads up, gfxbb will autoflower if rootbound, if you're thinking of checking out that line (so transplant often or run a hydro set up where the roots can be free).

View Image

Nice work on the gf x bb. I just pulled down a couple and cant wait to test them out.

As far as bb flavor goes, you cant go wrong with dj's bb mother.
picture.php

F13 popped out some nice berry vanilla flavors in my favorite keepers. Also really blue hues on this line. this faded pure purple almost, but dried to a beautiful blue hue.
picture.php

picture.php

Also dj has some new mothers selected that are being bred currently. I can speak to the flavors of the mother cuts.
Happy pussy is a really nice flavorful blueberry jam.
picture.php

picture.php

Robney

Very nice Miraculous Meds! That f13 looks real nice and the colors are awesome!

Found what I had recalled

These inputs came as cuttings, not pollen.
The male known as B130 was but one of the plants who contributed pollen for the Chimera/DJ Short joint projects.
I did make an S1 generation from B130. None of the plant from this generation have been used for any seed release.
I hope that clarifies,
-Chimera[/B]
There were more B130 plants in the room than any other pollen donor. If I had to estimate I'd say that %70 of the seeds fom this batch were from B130 pollen. Other pollen donors included the B133 mother of Old Time Moonshine, B25 (the mother of grape krush) and B144(?) (the mother of TBB). I'd have to dig up my notes to see which other plants contributed pollen.

-Chimera

___

Miraculous Meds

Very nice Miraculous Meds! That f13 looks real nice and the colors are awesome!

Found what I had recalled

I believe there were 3 different males used in that project. It definitely created some diversity in phenotypes.

When it comes to blueberry flavor, I think a lot of crosses to a bb male could have potential to pop out a strong bb flavor, being the right genetic cross. I had that same goal after growing a lot of dj original bb. I loved what I found in the f5, but also wanted the lip smacking full bb flavor. Many people mentioned outcrossing, so I did and had success. That would be a route to go for some. And I have found what I consider the best blueberry flavored plant in my experience, but alas don't have any seed to get out there yet. F2's being made and need tested, so they are a long ways out. But Jd has done what I and many others have done or dreamed of. Just he got the opportunity to use the bb f4 stud pollen from his dad to make the outcrosses. Ive ran a couple and found some nice bb flavored gems. One of them im running right now is from the Farmers fire, which is cherry pie x bbf4.
picture.php

picture.php

This is the fx1, its a new f4 mother selection by dj, and also known as the blue heaven pheno. Im in love with this one for its sweet blueberry and soft vanilla notes. but the effect is where its at! Calm, relaxing, anti anxiety! This one is in testing for the offspring currently, and hopefully will be released in the near future.
picture.php

picture.php

Miraculous Meds

Ive ran a few other peoples hybrids as well. Verdant Green and Dank Franks colab on the blue digiberry turns out some nice blueberry flavored plants.
This is my keeper from just a few seeds. Tastes and smells of sour candy blueberry.
picture.php

Here is dj's f4 blue moonshine mother. I need to get my new pics of her up, very dense with green leaves and pure purple almost black calyxes. Tastes of blueberry but is so resin covered it also has the classic hash flavor and aroma.
picture.php

And here is my baby. Blue Star, a cross of death star x whitaker blues. Very strong pure blueberry aroma. Tastes of blueberry right after drying, but with a decent cure leans toward a fine blueberry wine. Exquisite taste, aroma, and effect. Its the pinnacle of blueberry flavor that ive found since running into my first blueberry bud in 95 at the dead show at deer creek. thanks to my buddy Arron for the trade for my extra 2nd night ticket. Bummer they canceled the show though.
Blue Star
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Robney

Damn Miraculous Meds! All that looks incredible! And deathstar x whitaker blues must be amazing! Now you've really got me thinking... I recall hitting a rugburn og with some of the pollen from the gfxbb.... I'm gonna have to go looking through the seed stash! Does the Blue Star have any flavor from the deathstar in the taste? Or is it pure Blueberry flavor?

Miraculous Meds

Damn Miraculous Meds! All that looks incredible! And deathstar x whitaker blues must be amazing! Now you've really got me thinking... I recall hitting a rugburn og with some of the pollen from the gfxbb.... I'm gonna have to go looking through the seed stash! Does the Blue Star have any flavor from the deathstar in the taste? Or is it pure Blueberry flavor?

Thank you sir. If given the chance to ripen fully, and cure, the flavor is pure blueberry wine. It has flavor from the deathstar thats only really noticeable if harvested early or smoked just after drying. but I think the mix of citrus and sour notes from the sour lineage in the death star is a main enhancing component for the bb flavor in the cross.

Robney

Thank you sir. If given the chance to ripen fully, and cure, the flavor is pure blueberry wine. It has flavor from the deathstar thats only really noticeable if harvested early or smoked just after drying. but I think the mix of citrus and sour notes from the sour lineage in the death star is a main enhancing component for the bb flavor in the cross.

Awesome! Thank you MM!

Samuel Caldwell

Ive ran a few other peoples hybrids as well. Verdant Green and Dank Franks colab on the blue digiberry turns out some nice blueberry flavored plants.
This is my keeper from just a few seeds. Tastes and smells of sour candy blueberry.
View Image

...snip...

Beautiful! I ran blue digiberry a few years ago and found some nice plants, too. My favorite had a blueberry muffin batter flavor. Luckily I made a few seeds. I'm looking forward to starting a few!

Golden Tree

Times BB is Alive and well brother...

Hope you're well

Man great thread as always MM

Respects to the BB fiends!

GT

jwm

Veteran
BB from an Oregon breeder

BB from an Oregon breeder

not sure where his beans came from but i'm happy w/ the progress for
far.

4 more in a greenhouse.

growing under a 150w led w/ roots organic and molasses.

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

troutman

Seed Whore
I smelled real blueberry terps this morning.

I was in the forest and there were lots of wild blueberry plants flowering.

therevverend

Veteran
A few years back I got a few packs from a breeder on Seedbay, Ganja Rebel. A strain he calls 5 Gs, a 5 way cross. He had yellow, red, blue, and purple phenos. Really nice stuff, I notice he's still doing his thing in Cali. I had a seed of his Blue variety, planted it out. I've grown it before, great stuff, turned purple both in the original and the crosses I made.

Hadn't noticed strong blueberry terpenes in the previous plants I'd grown but the seedling this year reeks of it. The blueberry part of the 5G's is F13, don't know much about it except that it's really nice. Here's a picture of her.

picture.php

Sure looks blueberry. I've never had luck with DJ Short's gear, the strains that have had the true blueberry reek for me have been other stuff. Very Indica-leaning. In Bellingham in the early 90s there was a wonderful blueberry variety, very strong true blueberry smell that went for $300 an ounce sopping wet. Probably part of why it smelled so strong. Great stuff once it dried out a bit. When was the last time someone's tried to sell me wet pot?