Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Oregon Bill Would Prevent Employers from Firing or Not Hiring Someone for Off-the-Job

Thread Title Search
Click to Upgrade your account
Oregon Bill Would Prevent Employers from Firing or Not Hiring Someone for Off-the-Job Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2017, 08:32 PM #1
Robrites

Robrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivor
Oregon Bill Would Prevent Employers from Firing or Not Hiring Someone for Off-the-Job

Oregon Bill Would Prevent Employers from Firing or Not Hiring Someone for Off-the-Job Marijuana Use

Senate Bill 301
is similar to a proposal recently filed in Washington State, but would take things a step further by protecting recreational cannabis users, and not just those using it for medical purposes. The measure would override an Oregon Supreme Court decision that says employers have the right to fire and refuse to hire individuals for cannabis use, even if it’s for medical purposes. “The beauty of this particular (proposed) statute is that it really builds on a little-used statute brought about by the tobacco industry,” says Beth Creighton, a Portland attorney who specializes in representing employees. “It’s definitely an individual rights issue.. The voters in the state of Oregon have decided that marijuana is legal, so you shouldn’t be fired for something that’s legal.”

The bill would prohibit employers from requiring that employees or potential employees “refrain from using a substance that is lawful to use under the laws of this state during nonworking hours.”
The measure allows drug testing only for “bona fide occupational qualification” or to prevent on-the-job impairment.
The full text of Senate Bill 301 can be found by clicking here.

https://thejointblog.com/oregon-bill-...marijuana-use/

Legal Weed is the fastest growing industry in the United States.

Robrites is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:38 PM #2
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant future
The bill would prohibit employers from requiring that employees or potential employees “refrain from using a substance that is lawful to use under the laws of this state during nonworking hours.”

That's how all statutes should be. Great article, Robrites!
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders of quality connoisseur cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds at down to earth prices; now 10 years running!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:34 PM #3
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Thumbs up

"you must spread reputation around blahblahblah etc etc etc." stupid computer! good post RobRites! that is how it should be EVERYWHERE, thanks for posting. big shout out to Oregon for leading the way!

Old 01-26-2017, 10:20 PM #4
unregistered190

unregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivor
unregistered190 has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
, awesome news.....nowhere near Oregon myself but glad for those people

unregistered190 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:15 PM #5
nickman

nickman is a name known to allnickman is a name known to allnickman is a name known to allnickman is a name known to allnickman is a name known to allnickman is a name known to allnickman is a name known to allnickman is a name known to allnickman is a name known to allnickman is a name known to allnickman is a name known to all
Right on ... start leading the way... tired of this bullshit...

nickman is offline Quote

Old 01-27-2017, 01:23 AM #6
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
Excellent news for Oregonians.

I gues Washingtonians too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank
"The answer is not in chasing this cut or that cut - it's in learning how to maximize what you have in front of you and improving your skill set as a grower...that's the ART."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionni
We need to start telling people that their brains are an app...then maybe they will start using them!
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 02-01-2017, 02:14 AM #7
Bongstar420

Bongstar420 has a spectacular aura aboutBongstar420 has a spectacular aura aboutBongstar420 has a spectacular aura aboutBongstar420 has a spectacular aura aboutBongstar420 has a spectacular aura about
That is fabulous news. You have made my day!

I hope what ever drug testing they do capitulate to is for THC and not THC-COOH like current UA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrites View Post
Oregon Bill Would Prevent Employers from Firing or Not Hiring Someone for Off-the-Job Marijuana Use

Senate Bill 301
is similar to a proposal recently filed in Washington State, but would take things a step further by protecting recreational cannabis users, and not just those using it for medical purposes. The measure would override an Oregon Supreme Court decision that says employers have the right to fire and refuse to hire individuals for cannabis use, even if it’s for medical purposes. “The beauty of this particular (proposed) statute is that it really builds on a little-used statute brought about by the tobacco industry,” says Beth Creighton, a Portland attorney who specializes in representing employees. “It’s definitely an individual rights issue.. The voters in the state of Oregon have decided that marijuana is legal, so you shouldn’t be fired for something that’s legal.”

The measure allows drug testing only for “bona fide occupational qualification” or to prevent on-the-job impairment.
The full text of Senate Bill 301 can be found by clicking here.

https://thejointblog.com/oregon-bill-...marijuana-use/
We need more people like you unregistered and everyone else who has made similar sentiments. I hope the winds break for you and everyone possible in your lands as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered190 View Post
, awesome news.....nowhere near Oregon myself but glad for those people
Bongstar420 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:34 PM #8
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongstar420 View Post
That is fabulous news. You have made my day!

I hope what ever drug testing they do capitulate to is for THC and not THC-COOH like current UA's
We need more people like you unregistered and everyone else who has made similar sentiments. I hope the winds break for you and everyone possible in your lands as well.
yup, if you are going to test for safety purposes, test for active THC & stop trying to fire people for what they did over last weekend when they were not on the damn clock...

Old 02-14-2017, 05:31 PM #9
marijuanafloor

marijuanafloor is on a distinguished road
Great News!!!
marijuanafloor is offline Quote