Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Marijuana industry brought to a standstill by new pesticide testing regulations

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Discreet Seeds
Marijuana industry brought to a standstill by new pesticide testing regulations Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2016, 02:26 PM #41
bombadil.360
Andinismo Hierbatero

bombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird View Post
I was growing my own in the 90's

Oh but I thought the black market was the freest and coolest because there are no evil regulations according to you...so it was not good enough you grew your own it seems though.

See, some of you contradict yourselves in your arguments because you want to make the subject about me; you don't realize no one cares about bombadildo (LOL) because most people come to the forums to discuss the subject matter: cannabis.

but you and woodtroll don't get that, so you miss the subject matter.

Again, if the black market is so good, why are so many growing for headstash? Like you in the 90s? If all is good and well and no shady characters involved? Can you answer without letting your dislike of me get in the way?

I wonder why some labs can no longer test the product in OR? Um...could it be that they are not capable to do it under new regulations? As in, not technically prepared? I'm looking at you to answer this woodtroll, another lesson from your guru, free of charge of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ft7kkXO98c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjARZPAcATM
bombadil.360 is offline Quote

Old 12-02-2016, 02:55 PM #42
t99

t99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to behold
"The Governor's Office is expected this week to announce some temporary fixes to address the testing backlog, while the Oregon Health Authority has borrowed inspectors from other divisions to help license labs."

The problem isn't that the labs aren't qualified, the problem is enough labs haven't been licensed by the state, which just means the state hasn't gotten paid yet. It's not as much about safety as it is about regulation and state inspection jobs and state licensing fees.
This is pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if the labs that were licensed first have owners or board of directors with strong political connections.
t99 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:55 PM #43
resin_lung
I cough up honey oil

resin_lung is a name known to allresin_lung is a name known to allresin_lung is a name known to allresin_lung is a name known to allresin_lung is a name known to allresin_lung is a name known to allresin_lung is a name known to allresin_lung is a name known to allresin_lung is a name known to allresin_lung is a name known to allresin_lung is a name known to all
I grew my own in the 90's. In the 90's I sold cannabis. "Black Market" was the only market. I'm not saying that WEIRD partook but because I know doing both growing your own and dealing in the Black Maket at the same time is possible I didn't infer that he didn't. I'm not asking him to clarify, he's a pretty private dude and rightfully so. I'm just pointing out what I didn't read in his post.

know what I'm saying.
resin_lung is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:13 PM #44
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud of
When I was an outlaw grower, I was always very honest about the pesticides I used.

NONE. Didn't even know about Safer's.

We've come such a long way /sarc.

What cannabis-eating bug pests won't succumb to a combination or lady-bugs and praying mantis' ?

I've never seen praying mantis eggs at the grow store.

Seems like a BIG market opportunity for people who raise predatory insects for pest control.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:25 PM #45
mowood3479

mowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadil.360 View Post
Oh but I thought the black market was the freest and coolest because there are no evil regulations according to you...so it was not good enough you grew your own it seems though.

See, some of you contradict yourselves in your arguments because you want to make the subject about me; you don't realize no one cares about bombadildo (LOL) because most people come to the forums to discuss the subject matter: cannabis.

but you and woodtroll don't get that, so you miss the subject matter.

Again, if the black market is so good, why are so many growing for headstash? Like you in the 90s? If all is good and well and no shady characters involved? Can you answer without letting your dislike of me get in the way?

I wonder why some labs can no longer test the product in OR? Um...could it be that they are not capable to do it under new regulations? As in, not technically prepared? I'm looking at you to answer this woodtroll, another lesson from your guru, free of charge of course.
Idk the answer to ur question (and idk why I would be expected to know the answer) ur my specialized personal education director, why don't u tell me?... Perhaps it is that there aren't enough "technically prepared" labs in Oregon...

I'm still not sure how pointing out that this lab testing bottleneck is currently a big issue for legal cannabis users in Oregon means that we (screws, weird, myself.. And whoever else you've thrown that label at) all support and advocate the use of banned pesticides/fungicides in cultivating cannabis?

I'm such a dumb dumb I can't even see the link between those two very different trains of thought...
mowood3479 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:04 PM #46
oldchuck

oldchuck is a glorious beacon of lightoldchuck is a glorious beacon of lightoldchuck is a glorious beacon of lightoldchuck is a glorious beacon of lightoldchuck is a glorious beacon of lightoldchuck is a glorious beacon of lightoldchuck is a glorious beacon of lightoldchuck is a glorious beacon of lightoldchuck is a glorious beacon of lightoldchuck is a glorious beacon of lightoldchuck is a glorious beacon of light
Some guys just like to argue.
oldchuck is offline Quote

Old 12-02-2016, 06:37 PM #47
mowood3479

mowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to all
Quote:

As for Weird, your argument is laughable, the black market sold you paraquat ridden herb. I probably smoked a ton of it in the 90s, maybe that's why woodtroll doesn't like my on-line persona? The paraquat screwed with my on-line charm I guess LOL...
So my official forum attitude guru, if we are going to bring up paraquat ridden herb..would u care to expand on who was behind that bright idea?
I'll give u a hint.... It wasn't the growers.... paraquat is an herbicide
It was the loving government you're so excited to place ur trust in
Anyway, I'll stop beating up on you for today. It's like taking candy from a baby (too,easy)
N it wouldn't be right to keep maligning a guy with so many important positions on ic
mowood3479 is offline Quote

Old 12-02-2016, 07:09 PM #48
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Paraquat & Pot...

During the late 1970s, a controversial program sponsored by the US government sprayed paraquat on cannabis fields in Mexico.[31] Mexico began efforts to eradicate marijuana and poppy fields in 1975. US gov helped by sending helicopters and tech assistance. Helicopters were used to spray herbicides paraquat and 2,4-D on the fields and contaminated pot began to show up in US market.[32] Since much of this cannabis was subsequently smoked by Americans, the US government's "Paraquat Pot" program stirred much debate. Perhaps in an attempt to deter people from using cannabis, representatives of the program warned that spraying rendered the crop unsafe to smoke. However, a 1995 study found that "no lung or other injury in cannabis users has ever been attributed to paraquat contamination".[33] Also a United States Environmental Protection Agency manual states: "... toxic effects caused by this mechanism have been either very rare or nonexistent. Most paraquat that contaminates cannabis is pyrolyzed during smoking to dipyridyl, which is a product of combustion of the leaf material itself (including cannabis) and presents little toxic hazard."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraquat

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:52 PM #49
Shcrews
DO WHO YOU BE

Shcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant future
Quote:
In fact, this only benefits the decent growers who can grow without spraying shit, the market is theirs basically. So your point makes no sense.
i think you didn't fully comprehend the article that was posted. Growers are having to sit on their product for weeks/months because the legislators didn't account for the bottleneck created by their stringent new requirements for sale. So, like i said, decent growers are caught in the legal crossfire.

it's your opinion that "decent growers are few and far between" but that has no bearing on reality.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:05 PM #50
Wendull C.

Wendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to all
Hey bombadil, how do you grow? A tent and cfl's? You say good growers are few and far between.

Show us your grows man, how and what you use.

I would wager you ain't got shit. But I'm dull so prove me wrong. Then maybe you can quit trolling people here who have grown for decades.
Wendull C. is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.