Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Marijuana industry brought to a standstill by new pesticide testing regulations

Thread Title Search
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Royal Queen Seeds
Marijuana industry brought to a standstill by new pesticide testing regulations Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2016, 01:01 AM #21
mojave green
rockin in the free world

mojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud of
Seriously, how hard is it to grow without pesticides?
mojave green is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:22 AM #22
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud of
This is yet another of the many market disruptions which have come to the Oregon weed market since recreational legalization. If you're in the business in state thats behind OR on legalization then study these and the similar patterns in other states and you will be able to predict and plan for the future in your own locales. The patterns are predictable, people never seem to be prepared at the deadline.
I was able to have predicted this one months ago because I lived through so many previous ones.
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:36 AM #23
FunkBomb
Power Armor rules

FunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of lightFunkBomb is a glorious beacon of light
What an absolute joke. How about all the cancer causing glyphosate (round up) sprayed on all the food plants? Oh no big deal its not reefer. Sounds like more of the good old fashioned american bullshit. And its bad for ya. RIP George Carlin

-Funk

Bertrand Russell
FunkBomb is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:37 AM #24
mowood3479

mowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadil.360 View Post
These forums are done with this kind of attitudes
Yeah, go icmag LOL
So who died and made you the official forum attitude Guru?

Although I gotta say it's a position you're well suited for congrats
mowood3479 is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:41 AM #25
mowood3479

mowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to allmowood3479 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojave green View Post
Seriously, how hard is it to grow without pesticides?
The problem (as far as I can tell from reading the article) is that there are only 2 labs certified by the state to perform the testing. The labs are not keeping up with the demand at the stores...
I don't think the article even mentioned the rate at which products were failing the pesticide testing....
Although maybe I missed it iam illiterate
mowood3479 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:14 AM #26
Sluicebox

Sluicebox is a jewel in the roughSluicebox is a jewel in the roughSluicebox is a jewel in the roughSluicebox is a jewel in the roughSluicebox is a jewel in the roughSluicebox is a jewel in the roughSluicebox is a jewel in the roughSluicebox is a jewel in the rough
The other side to this is the old school growers who knew their game got ran out. I mean the ones who for instance know how to keep bugs at bay organically. The new money coming in is building big and when your big and new then have a problem it's a big one. Solution is for them to hit them with pesticides. I'm hearing nothing is getting tested and to market yet I see high quality everywhere grown right. It's just there are many that didn't have the deep pockets to jump into rec. Or their county still banned it. The med growers know their stuff but recently got kicked to the curb. It's your big money ops and newbs in lab coats that think they're all that, having the issues. Yet that fine quality clean product is sitting still or being flipped dirt cheap out of desperation. Huge loss to the state in projected taxes. They forget it was mostly the med growers who got them this far.
Sluicebox is offline Quote

Old 12-02-2016, 09:11 AM #27
SuperWeed

SuperWeed has a spectacular aura aboutSuperWeed has a spectacular aura aboutSuperWeed has a spectacular aura aboutSuperWeed has a spectacular aura aboutSuperWeed has a spectacular aura about
I just moved to Southeast Oregon from Ohio (tired of fighting the man, still fighting a case now). This is all very interesting.

I started working for a Collective and was told that we have "SuperBugs" here and that we aren't allowed to spray anything strong. At the same time I was told that the labs can't pick up any sprays after 45 days in the plant.

SO I don't know what to do, except grow healthy plants and pray.
SuperWeed is offline Quote

Old 12-02-2016, 10:19 AM #28
bombadil.360
Andinismo Hierbatero

bombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant futurebombadil.360 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowood3479 View Post
So who died and made you the official forum attitude Guru?

Although I gotta say it's a position you're well suited for congrats

Here's an idea from your favorite guru:

How about you stop concerning yourself with people's on-line personas, and instead learn how to grow without spraying shit on your plants?

Maybe you'll stop feeling attacked when the subject of shitty weed comes up again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ft7kkXO98c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjARZPAcATM
bombadil.360 is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:33 AM #29
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud of
Grow your own.
yesum is offline Quote

Old 12-02-2016, 10:45 AM #30
Shcrews
DO WHO YOU BE

Shcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant futureShcrews has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadil.360 View Post
Crying in the name of a bunch of crap growers growing in crap environments, who can only reach harvest day by spraying the shit out of their shit plants.
you sound bitter.

this is about decent growers with good clean product who can't sell it because of regulatory bottlenecks, and the consumers who find their options limited, and prices inflated. This violates free market principles, and as other people mentioned, is not standard procedure with any other crop.

hope they figure it out asap. I'm sure California can look forward to scenarios like this or worse with the passage of prop 64 and MMRSA