Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Finally Veterans are allowed Cannabis

Thread Title Search
Click to buy cannabis seeds at Ace Seeds
Post Reply
Finally Veterans are allowed Cannabis Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2016, 04:13 AM #1
jump /injack
Member

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 990
jump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of light
Finally Veterans are allowed Cannabis

Congress Votes To Permit Military Veterans Access To Medical Cannabis
Members of the US House of Representatives voted today for the first time to expand military veterans’ access to medicinal cannabis in states that allow it.

Members voted 233 to 189 in favor of the Veterans Equal Access Amendment, offered by Rep. Blumenauer (D-OR) to the Fiscal Year 2017 Military Construction, Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations bill, that prohibits the federal government from sanctioning V.A. physicians who wish to recommend cannabis therapy to their patients.

“We should not be limiting the treatment options available to our veterans,” Rep. Blumenauer opined on the House floor.

Under the provision, military veterans who reside in states with active medical marijuana programs would be able to obtain a recommendation from their V.A. physician rather than having to seek out a private doctor.

The vote is a marked change from last year, when House members defeated a similar amendment 213 to 210.

You can watch today’s debate and vote here. A roll call of the amendment vote is here.

Members of the US Senate Appropriations Committee previously voted in April in favor of a similar provision. This afternoon, legislation containing the amendment was approved on the Senate floor.

The House and Senate versions of FY 2017 Military Construction, Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations bill will now await a concurrence vote prior to being sent to the President.
jump /injack is offline Quote


5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:32 PM #2
aridbud
automeister


aridbud's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013
Location: the best place on earth
Posts: 4,984
aridbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant future
Progress on one front....KUDOS!
__________________
Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders of quality connoisseur cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds at down to earth prices; now 10 years running!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:27 PM #3
Snook
Senior Member

Snook's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: East Coast Florida
Posts: 2,638
Snook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jump /injack View Post
Congress Votes To Permit Military Veterans Access To Medical Cannabis
Members of the US House of Representatives voted today for the first time to expand military veterans’ access to medicinal cannabis in states that allow it.

Members voted 233 to 189 in favor of the Veterans Equal Access Amendment, offered by Rep. Blumenauer (D-OR) to the Fiscal Year 2017 Military Construction, Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations bill, that prohibits the federal government from sanctioning V.A. physicians who wish to recommend cannabis therapy to their patients.

“We should not be limiting the treatment options available to our veterans,” Rep. Blumenauer opined on the House floor.

Under the provision, military veterans who reside in states with active medical marijuana programs would be able to obtain a recommendation from their V.A. physician rather than having to seek out a private doctor.

The vote is a marked change from last year, when House members defeated a similar amendment 213 to 210.

You can watch today’s debate and vote here. A roll call of the amendment vote is here.

Members of the US Senate Appropriations Committee previously voted in April in favor of a similar provision. This afternoon, legislation containing the amendment was approved on the Senate floor.

The House and Senate versions of FY 2017 Military Construction, Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations bill will now await a concurrence vote prior to being sent to the President.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME! If this is true, please tell me it is, this should be a sticky.


EDIT: OH. I just read the rest.. guessing it didn't pass.. sorry, jumped the gun
Snook is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:53 PM #4
TerraPretaGrown
Member

TerraPretaGrown's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Eastern Washington,
Posts: 196
TerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really nice
Thats great news!
TerraPretaGrown is offline Quote


Old 02-15-2017, 09:34 PM #5
Bush Dr
Painting the picture of Dorian Gray

Bush Dr's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,069
Bush Dr is just really niceBush Dr is just really niceBush Dr is just really niceBush Dr is just really niceBush Dr is just really niceBush Dr is just really niceBush Dr is just really niceBush Dr is just really niceBush Dr is just really nice
Except for the last line in the OP
__________________

This ain't no ordinary herb I'm smoking - Fantan Mojah


Supermoto for that eXtra buzz

A friend in need is a friend in debt
Bush Dr is offline Quote


Old 02-15-2017, 09:40 PM #6
subrob
plain ole biker trash

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: from alaska to socal.....
Posts: 5,808
subrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant future
Ya...This was a thing for a minute...And I believed those motherfukrs when they told me at the VA it was OK
So I told them a bit about my cannabis use..felt the freedom of talking to my doctor about cannabis...
6 weeks later I had a new doctor and pulled off of percs..was told I had to choose between canna and pain meds...told them to go fuck their mothers and cold turkey'd...Now I get piss and blood tests EVERY appt...Fuck the lying bastard s at the VA...Don't ever believe them
subrob is offline Quote


3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:22 AM #7
Snook
Senior Member

Snook's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: East Coast Florida
Posts: 2,638
Snook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by subrob View Post
Ya...This was a thing for a minute...And I believed those motherfukrs when they told me at the VA it was OK
So I told them a bit about my cannabis use..felt the freedom of talking to my doctor about cannabis...
6 weeks later I had a new doctor and pulled off of percs..was told I had to choose between canna and pain meds...told them to go fuck their mothers and cold turkey'd...Now I get piss and blood tests EVERY appt...Fuck the lying bastard s at the VA...Don't ever believe them
they write everything negative down and will hold it against you when convenient.. I'm going to tellem I stopped vapin. once they know, is that considered consent to test??
Snook is offline Quote


Old 02-16-2017, 03:58 AM #8
Captain Ginyu
Member

Captain Ginyu's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Land of the sheeple
Posts: 783
Captain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really nice
If you're taking percs and using cannabis, they WILL stop your prescription for more. And it's not just because you're taking the cannabis, either. The VA mandated to all it's providers last year to start weaning off the majority of prescriptions for percocets. There's been a lot of abuse with that med, so they to have show they are at least making an effort. As far as urine & blood screening is concerned, there could be many reasons why they're requiring it.
__________________
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -Voltaire

Last edited by Captain Ginyu; 02-16-2017 at 04:09 AM..
Captain Ginyu is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:29 AM #9
subrob
plain ole biker trash

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: from alaska to socal.....
Posts: 5,808
subrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
they write everything negative down and will hold it against you when convenient.. I'm going to tellem I stopped vapin. once they know, is that considered consent to test??
They cNt make you test but they can threaten to take away meds or not admit you into certain programs
subrob is offline Quote


Old 02-16-2017, 11:33 AM #10
subrob
plain ole biker trash

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: from alaska to socal.....
Posts: 5,808
subrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ginyu View Post
If you're taking percs and using cannabis, they WILL stop your prescription for more. And it's not just because you're taking the cannabis, either. The VA mandated to all it's providers last year to start weaning off the majority of prescriptions for percocets. There's been a lot of abuse with that med, so they to have show they are at least making an effort. As far as urine & blood screening is concerned, there could be many reasons why they're requiring it.
All true. The one thing I would add is that I was told by my provider that here in cali, because it was a medical state, there would be no backlash..She was eager to learn and seemed sincere...I may have been incorrect when I said "six weeks later"-it may have just been two
subrob is offline Quote


Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:58 AM.


Click to visit Best Value Vacs for extraction devices


This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.