You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Finally Veterans are allowed Cannabis

Thread Title Search
Click to buy cannabis seeds at Ace Seeds
Finally Veterans are allowed Cannabis Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2016, 04:13 AM #1
jump /injack

jump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of lightjump /injack is a glorious beacon of light
Finally Veterans are allowed Cannabis

Congress Votes To Permit Military Veterans Access To Medical Cannabis
Members of the US House of Representatives voted today for the first time to expand military veterans’ access to medicinal cannabis in states that allow it.

Members voted 233 to 189 in favor of the Veterans Equal Access Amendment, offered by Rep. Blumenauer (D-OR) to the Fiscal Year 2017 Military Construction, Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations bill, that prohibits the federal government from sanctioning V.A. physicians who wish to recommend cannabis therapy to their patients.

“We should not be limiting the treatment options available to our veterans,” Rep. Blumenauer opined on the House floor.

Under the provision, military veterans who reside in states with active medical marijuana programs would be able to obtain a recommendation from their V.A. physician rather than having to seek out a private doctor.

The vote is a marked change from last year, when House members defeated a similar amendment 213 to 210.

You can watch today’s debate and vote here. A roll call of the amendment vote is here.

Members of the US Senate Appropriations Committee previously voted in April in favor of a similar provision. This afternoon, legislation containing the amendment was approved on the Senate floor.

The House and Senate versions of FY 2017 Military Construction, Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations bill will now await a concurrence vote prior to being sent to the President.
jump /injack is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:32 PM #2
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant future
Progress on one front....KUDOS!
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders of quality connoisseur cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds at down to earth prices; now 10 years running!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:27 PM #3
Snook

Snook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jump /injack View Post
Congress Votes To Permit Military Veterans Access To Medical Cannabis
Members of the US House of Representatives voted today for the first time to expand military veterans’ access to medicinal cannabis in states that allow it.

Members voted 233 to 189 in favor of the Veterans Equal Access Amendment, offered by Rep. Blumenauer (D-OR) to the Fiscal Year 2017 Military Construction, Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations bill, that prohibits the federal government from sanctioning V.A. physicians who wish to recommend cannabis therapy to their patients.

“We should not be limiting the treatment options available to our veterans,” Rep. Blumenauer opined on the House floor.

Under the provision, military veterans who reside in states with active medical marijuana programs would be able to obtain a recommendation from their V.A. physician rather than having to seek out a private doctor.

The vote is a marked change from last year, when House members defeated a similar amendment 213 to 210.

You can watch today’s debate and vote here. A roll call of the amendment vote is here.

Members of the US Senate Appropriations Committee previously voted in April in favor of a similar provision. This afternoon, legislation containing the amendment was approved on the Senate floor.

The House and Senate versions of FY 2017 Military Construction, Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations bill will now await a concurrence vote prior to being sent to the President.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME! If this is true, please tell me it is, this should be a sticky.

EDIT: OH. I just read the rest.. guessing it didn't pass.. sorry, jumped the gun
Snook is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2017, 08:53 PM #4
TerraPretaGrown

TerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really nice
Thats great news!
TerraPretaGrown is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2017, 09:34 PM #5
Bush Dr
Painting the picture of Dorian Gray

Bush Dr is just really niceBush Dr is just really niceBush Dr is just really niceBush Dr is just really niceBush Dr is just really niceBush Dr is just really niceBush Dr is just really niceBush Dr is just really niceBush Dr is just really nice
Except for the last line in the OP

This ain't no ordinary herb I'm smoking - Fantan Mojah

Supermoto for that eXtra buzz

A friend in need is a friend in debt
Bush Dr is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2017, 09:40 PM #6
subrob
plain ole biker trash

subrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant future
Ya...This was a thing for a minute...And I believed those motherfukrs when they told me at the VA it was OK
So I told them a bit about my cannabis use..felt the freedom of talking to my doctor about cannabis...
6 weeks later I had a new doctor and pulled off of percs..was told I had to choose between canna and pain meds...told them to go fuck their mothers and cold turkey'd...Now I get piss and blood tests EVERY appt...Fuck the lying bastard s at the VA...Don't ever believe them
subrob is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:22 AM #7
Snook

Snook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud ofSnook has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by subrob View Post
Ya...This was a thing for a minute...And I believed those motherfukrs when they told me at the VA it was OK
So I told them a bit about my cannabis use..felt the freedom of talking to my doctor about cannabis...
6 weeks later I had a new doctor and pulled off of percs..was told I had to choose between canna and pain meds...told them to go fuck their mothers and cold turkey'd...Now I get piss and blood tests EVERY appt...Fuck the lying bastard s at the VA...Don't ever believe them
they write everything negative down and will hold it against you when convenient.. I'm going to tellem I stopped vapin. once they know, is that considered consent to test??
Snook is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2017, 03:58 AM #8
Captain Ginyu

Captain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really niceCaptain Ginyu is just really nice
If you're taking percs and using cannabis, they WILL stop your prescription for more. And it's not just because you're taking the cannabis, either. The VA mandated to all it's providers last year to start weaning off the majority of prescriptions for percocets. There's been a lot of abuse with that med, so they to have show they are at least making an effort. As far as urine & blood screening is concerned, there could be many reasons why they're requiring it.

Last edited by Captain Ginyu; 02-16-2017 at 04:09 AM..
Captain Ginyu is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2017, 11:29 AM #9
subrob
plain ole biker trash

subrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
they write everything negative down and will hold it against you when convenient.. I'm going to tellem I stopped vapin. once they know, is that considered consent to test??
They cNt make you test but they can threaten to take away meds or not admit you into certain programs
subrob is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2017, 11:33 AM #10
subrob
plain ole biker trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ginyu View Post
If you're taking percs and using cannabis, they WILL stop your prescription for more. And it's not just because you're taking the cannabis, either. The VA mandated to all it's providers last year to start weaning off the majority of prescriptions for percocets. There's been a lot of abuse with that med, so they to have show they are at least making an effort. As far as urine & blood screening is concerned, there could be many reasons why they're requiring it.
All true. The one thing I would add is that I was told by my provider that here in cali, because it was a medical state, there would be no backlash..She was eager to learn and seemed sincere...I may have been incorrect when I said "six weeks later"-it may have just been two
subrob is offline Quote