Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Tracking, tracing and origin validating every legal pot plant. Coming to your city?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Alchimia Grow Shop
Tracking, tracing and origin validating every legal pot plant. Coming to your city? Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2017, 06:45 PM #1
shaggyballs

shaggyballs is a glorious beacon of lightshaggyballs is a glorious beacon of lightshaggyballs is a glorious beacon of lightshaggyballs is a glorious beacon of lightshaggyballs is a glorious beacon of lightshaggyballs is a glorious beacon of lightshaggyballs is a glorious beacon of lightshaggyballs is a glorious beacon of lightshaggyballs is a glorious beacon of lightshaggyballs is a glorious beacon of lightshaggyballs is a glorious beacon of light
Tracking, tracing and origin validating every legal pot plant. Coming to your city?

Every grower, wholesaler, transporter, and retail store will need a dual state-local license by 2018. In contrast to most counties in California, Humboldt is positioning itself as the state’s legal pot bowl — with cultivator-friendly regulations and engaged officials working to daylight the decades-old underground economy.

Humboldt is trying encrypted tax stamps, “which have been successfully used by the California Board of Equalization for tobacco control since 2005” which “fight counterfeiting and allow for data collection and business intelligence, enabling local agencies and licensed operators to communicate with dispensaries.”

After a cultivator harvests and packages their crop, they apply a traceable, counterfeit-resistant stamp to the packaging. The stamp includes a QR code and unique stamp number that is coded with information about the product, including size, strain, grower and more. As the package goes through the supply chain—from cultivator to manufacturer to distributor to dispensary—the stamps are scanned by each licensee so they can be tracked until the product is sold to a patient.

Patients can use the stamps in conjunction with a free smartphone app, which will be available when the program launches, or via the website humboldtorigin.org to make sure a product is authentic, retrieve product and provenance information, see test results and more (for example, were any pesticides used, is the grower Clean Green or do they follow organic principles, and so on),” Humboldt County states.
This July, Humboldt County officially permitted its first mega-grow of nearly seven acres of cultivation area, including fields and greenhouses for Honeydew Farms, LLC.
Growers without a local license will be subject to law enforcement raids.

https://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth...o-600x257.jpeg
World pot-growing heartland Humboldt County’s official new encrypted tax stamp.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:26 PM #2
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of light
Added costs to reduce damage to the patient from the greed of the grower.

This is why every state needs legislation allowing home growing for recreational purposes. Fight for it in your state today.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:59 PM #3
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
You must be kidding D.C.

The growers aren't the ones taking it to the bank... Greed comes once the grower relinquishes the gear to the middle man that does practically nothing & doubles the cost of product to consumers.

This market is still very much dictated by supply & demand. That's made obvious through the price fluctuations through the seasons.

Testing product that hits store shelves is just about the only thing necessary to protect the public at large. Everything else is just a money grab by players that dont belong in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank
"The answer is not in chasing this cut or that cut - it's in learning how to maximize what you have in front of you and improving your skill set as a grower...that's the ART."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionni
We need to start telling people that their brains are an app...then maybe they will start using them!
MJPassion is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:23 PM #4
Wendull C.

Wendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to all
I wonder about all those who speak of these greedy growers? How many true growers have they met? You can't count closets either...
Wendull C. is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:28 PM #5
Oliver Pantsoff

Oliver Pantsoff is just really niceOliver Pantsoff is just really niceOliver Pantsoff is just really niceOliver Pantsoff is just really niceOliver Pantsoff is just really niceOliver Pantsoff is just really niceOliver Pantsoff is just really niceOliver Pantsoff is just really niceOliver Pantsoff is just really niceOliver Pantsoff is just really niceOliver Pantsoff is just really nice
What's with all these licenses and permits?! Well, the black market will thrive once again. A lot of folks I know up north aren't gonna do any of this shit lol...

OP
Oliver Pantsoff is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:04 PM #6
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendull C. View Post
I wonder about all those who speak of these greedy growers? How many true growers have they met? You can't count closets either...
Plenty, and sampled the (lack of) quality from a large number of dispensaries and street sources. Those who care, produce good quality of which there is zero need for quality control. They do it themselves.

Those in it simply for money care nothing for what their product does to the end consumer. These are the growers this type of legislation is created for.

Old 02-18-2017, 03:18 AM #7
III%
Banned

III% has a spectacular aura aboutIII% has a spectacular aura aboutIII% has a spectacular aura aboutIII% has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Plenty, and sampled the (lack of) quality from a large number of dispensaries and street sources. Those who care, produce good quality of which there is zero need for quality control. They do it themselves.

Those in it simply for money care nothing for what their product does to the end consumer. These are the growers this type of legislation is created for.

I like this post, very true.

I'm 100% chemical free, I have never found the need to use chemicals ever.
III% is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2017, 03:24 PM #8
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by III% View Post
I like this post, very true.

I'm 100% chemical free, I have never found the need to use chemicals ever.
What's that gotta do with anything?

Lack of chemicals has absolutely nothing to do with how clean your grow is!
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2017, 04:44 PM #9
Douglas.Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post

Lack of chemical/organic pesticides is. Cannabis is veeeery good at sucking up and retaining things you put in/on it. Time and time again, studies have shown cannabis contaminated with junk long after 'labels' say it should still be around.

I use safers 3-in-1 and/or iso/water in veg, possibly bt bits for a gnat issue. Nothing in flower, ever. The cleanest cannabis is cannabis with nothing on/in it but nutrients being actively converted to new growth.

Old 02-18-2017, 04:47 PM #10
III%
Banned

III% has a spectacular aura aboutIII% has a spectacular aura aboutIII% has a spectacular aura aboutIII% has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post

No pesticides, , no fungicide, no herbicide, no residues, no residual crap from anything.

I'd say no chemicals has a lot to do with how clean your grow is.

I know so many idiots that have no pest strips hanging in their grow space.

What else would define a "clean grow" besides the complete lack of chemcials? Chemicals is what everyone is concerned with.

I can instantly taste the difference in chemically grown weed after a decade of smoking only organic.

Alot of people will say of I only use that in veg, when talking about a systemic pesticide with a half life of 200 days. That's not clean.
III% is offline Quote