Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Marijuana industry brought to a standstill by new pesticide testing regulations

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Seedsman for Cannabis Seeds
Marijuana industry brought to a standstill by new pesticide testing regulations Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2016, 09:45 PM #211
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker is a splendid one to beholdPDX Dopesmoker is a splendid one to beholdPDX Dopesmoker is a splendid one to beholdPDX Dopesmoker is a splendid one to beholdPDX Dopesmoker is a splendid one to beholdPDX Dopesmoker is a splendid one to beholdPDX Dopesmoker is a splendid one to beholdPDX Dopesmoker is a splendid one to beholdPDX Dopesmoker is a splendid one to beholdPDX Dopesmoker is a splendid one to beholdPDX Dopesmoker is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird View Post
Wait, what ?!, there are people who don't take their mental vitamins !?!?

People like that exist !?!

That's weird
You're Weird
PDX Dopesmoker is online now Quote

Old 01-23-2017, 01:11 AM #212
green michine
Mr STicky Fingers!!

green michine will become famous soon enoughgreen michine will become famous soon enough
I think its good they are testing for contaminants, pesticides and molds etc. Its makes for a healthier, closer to nature smoke and high. Im sorry but im glad they're doing it.

Cannabis should be legal, its a great plant.
green michine is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:45 AM #213
Sluicebox

Sluicebox is a jewel in the roughSluicebox is a jewel in the roughSluicebox is a jewel in the roughSluicebox is a jewel in the roughSluicebox is a jewel in the roughSluicebox is a jewel in the roughSluicebox is a jewel in the roughSluicebox is a jewel in the rough
You're right it's good to test for it but bad to monopolize the testing facilities. More labs, competitive prices for testing, no bottlenecks.
Sluicebox is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:32 AM #214
Bongstar420

Bongstar420 has a spectacular aura aboutBongstar420 has a spectacular aura aboutBongstar420 has a spectacular aura aboutBongstar420 has a spectacular aura aboutBongstar420 has a spectacular aura about
I liked the new testing regs. Gets the liars and losers out of the game. Though I as more interested in leveling the playing field with potency. It was really bothersome seeing other people's product out there with numbers that I thought were way too high and came from labs that consistently made unrealistically high results when I opted for the most accurate lab and highest pesticide standard I could find. I gave in with 3b labs though their numbers were pretty legit, their pesticide screen was a quarter of the lab I went to prior that shut down due to city zoning regs, lack of desire to move, and probably the cost increases against the business model they wanted to run.

Sad thing is my business never got funding to meet the new standards and I had marketed to enough clients to ensure the amount of needed revenue to operate. It wasn't even the long term costs, it was just the extra stuff to get started. Its not like I could just switch my med grow over to the rec licenses without spending money on any changes.

With the prices and time. I don't see why $300/10lb with larger, controlled sampling is bad or a month of wait early on due to natural grower patterns and fledgling industry status. I called Green Leaf Labs at the time the new standards were activated and they said their wait time was not significantly higher than it was before and quoted 5 business days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowood3479 View Post
Good post
I'd never thought about this...
I can see this being a problem with black tar heroin (ie hot spots causing hot shots)...But with herb? What u get a little more high?

Interesting thought, I'd like to hear from some of the hash experts at ic about hot spots in extracts and how that happens and how it can be remedied (if at all).
Learn something new everyday.
Just put your extract into a container, heat it till runny, and mix it really well. It can be done with a 95% efficiency. These "variations" occur do to the extraction process. If you can demonstrate high outcome probabilities with a post extraction step in the process, I bet we could get the extra sampling requirements dropped when doing the process. Having done the process would be on record anyways with the security requirements. I'm not sure why people complain about these "tests" rather than creating solutions for the concerns, in this case extra sampling and product variability.
Bongstar420 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.