What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

heavy 16 nutrients

relic1981

Veteran
http://www.heavy16.com/products.php

anyone have experience with this line? i usually use H&G (full line) but i have been given the pepsi challenge and was given the whole line to try so im going to use them for a side by side with H&G. one light will be heavy 16 full line and the rest will be business as usual. i already think H&G blows most other products out of the water. i get huge yields of tripple a top shelf meds. that said i have been told by multiple people who know what they are doing and used to use the same methods as me with hand g that have switched. there are less bottles which is good but their products cost over a hundred dollars for almost everything but the base and foliar spray(which is like 80! the base nutes are actually really cheap and they originally just released the base nutes to prove how good their science was. apparently one of the scientist from aptus designed the line. thats tight because i love aptus and would switch in a second if anyone around me carried them and no i dont buy nutes online. so ill keep you posted as far as what i notice and will probably post some pics, not a big fan of posting my work because i think its a no no, not bashing anyone.. infact i greatly appreciate your pics of all of you peeps great work. i can think of aa fe in particular that im really impressed by on a repeat ongoing basis so keep up the good work!

anyone who has experience with heavy16 chime in. another thing i really like is that the are cali based, maybey ill be able to break free from dutch nutes?

betshtick

It's a solid line. Popular with our commercial customers but I've seen newbies have good success with it as well. Ph is stable and seems like you can feed pretty aggressively without burn. Seems to work equally well in rockwool, soil, pro-mix or whatever.

That said if I were going to go back to salts and hydro, maxi-bloom powder with some calimagic all the way baby :p

BubbaBear

A solid line for sure, just as good as H&G, or AN but with way less pieces to the puzzle (additives) and no calmag need. Im not to impressed with there Root product I stick with Roots Excelurator and OG Biowar root pack. And there Finish product is just a high end fulvic acid it can be skipped or replaced. But if you want to grow AAA quality and have a heavy harvest and only use three products look no further than Heavy 16 base + Prime and Fire, I know guys that still run there base with nothing else and grow some serious dank.There foliar product is insane to though it pumps health and calcium into your plants and can be mixed with all your other foliar feeds.

CHEFfy

Switched from H&G to Heavy about 2 years ago and haven't looked back. I use the base, occasional fire and weekly Aptus Facilator and am having great results.

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive always ran gh base and various other additives to complete my feed,(silica,dripclean,cakmag,pk) but a year ago i switched to using the roots prim and finish with gh base, the results, with plants ive ran before, were that they were way more flavorful, heavy, dense, and a better high.... everything.

so i got the foliar and fire and it really has taken the terpines to another level. im gonna rock it for a bit till i switch to all organic...

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I wanted to try their foliar but does it really take 150ml of that stuff per gallon of water. Damn :biggrin:

relic1981

Veteran
i was told by the rep that an aptus scientist worked on creating the h16 line so im expecting similar results from the additives as aptus's. i will say i would like to run fasilitor with it but for now im just sticking to the heavy line for research sake. i really want to know what this line can do. im surprised more people Arent interested in this thread. heavy 16 and aptus and house and garden are the future of cannabis nutrition and stimulation bringing out the best in the plants. and now we dont have to go overseas for a quality cannabis nutes, made for cannabis. heavey 16 is made right here in cali, no offense to AN or canadians but they have way to many products instead of easily combining some of them together and give you more bang for your buck.. i know some of an's products are bottled here in america but its still a canadian company that sells snake oil for th e most part. almost all there bloom boosters are just magnesium ina pretty package and there base nute are not to good. besides AN, those 3 nute lines are pushing cannabis to its limits and bringing out the full potential of the plant.

BubbaBear

Bryce Patterson is the guy behind Heavy 16 to the best of my knowledge he has nothing to do with Aptus. Heavy 16 is from so cal Aptus is from Holland. Bryce is a very smart guy that studied horticulture at Cal Poly and has worked for many large agricultural companies not just hydroponics he grew up in the industry his dad is a farmer. There very different lines but both pull top shelf and Heavy 16 is going to give you a better yield and is a lot easier to work with Aptus is basically designed to be use as a drain to waste soil or coco, heavy can be used any way you want. I usually like to keep my dollars in the USA but l would definitely buy from Aptus Holland the US products are marked up way to much and the Aptus USA crew comes off like a bunch of wannabe know it alls that bought into the company and lack hands on experience, in my not so humble opinion. Keep us posted on your experience with heavy 16, l like them a lot.

Critter

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm in coco and if not using the Foliar I add a bit of calmag.
since I'm not using the heavy base I'm wondering if I need to add silica like I used too. Seems I remember I stopped cause it has it in one of the additive can't remember now.

relic1981

Veteran
Bryce Patterson is the guy behind Heavy 16 to the best of my knowledge he has nothing to do with Aptus. Heavy 16 is from so cal Aptus is from Holland. Bryce is a very smart guy that studied horticulture at Cal Poly and has worked for many large agricultural companies not just hydroponics he grew up in the industry his dad is a farmer. There very different lines but both pull top shelf and Heavy 16 is going to give you a better yield and is a lot easier to work with Aptus is basically designed to be use as a drain to waste soil or coco, heavy can be used any way you want. I usually like to keep my dollars in the USA but l would definitely buy from Aptus Holland the US products are marked up way to much and the Aptus USA crew comes off like a bunch of wannabe know it alls that bought into the company and lack hands on experience, in my not so humble opinion. Keep us posted on your experience with heavy 16, l like them a lot.

yes i know aptusand heavy are 2 different lines and i know where they are made. i actually already mentioned where they are made. i was just going on what the rep told me. i had about a 30 min conversation with him and he definatly said it was an aptus scientist who helped create it. again just what the rep said but he definitly said it. is he lying? prob not. where did you get your info because ive researched the hell out of it and never heard of that guy. makes sense because that was prettty much the description of the founder i was given. i dont know where this scientist came into play but thats what he said. reguardless this line along with aptus , handg and maybe canna are the cutting edge when it comes to plant nutrition science. with the exception of canna, they are all designed to work with our favorite plant and canna is close as is aurora innovations. not my favorite but i love how they mix salts with organics. heavey 16 calls it the cascading system... by the time the salts are gone the organic nutes are broken down and available so you dont get deficiancies. my question to the rep was since im in coco and drain to waste does that still hold true or does the available organics just get washed away. they also suggest myco's and beny bacteria and i asked him if the salts would kill them and he didnt have an answer for me. i assume not but am sure the organics get rinsed away. regaurdless its the best of both worlds or so i was told. i just wrote them yesterday asking what organic ingredients were used because i didnt see any listed exept on the foliar and the base nutes and prime is the only additive that smells and looks like it has organics in it. havent heard back yet... illl ask them again about that mysterious aptus scientist and keep you posted on my results

BubbaBear

http://www.heavy16.com/aboutus.php

Heavys cascading delivery system is the multiple forms of phosphorus and calcium and other salts, they use like 4 or 5 forms of phosphorus and calcium, so its not so much the mix of organics and synthetics there talking about, tho they do use a lot of organic based salts, there line isnt organic, more like Bio Canna but way better. If you e mailed them you should hear back from Bryce the owner hes awesome about personally answering all questions, they definitely dont list many of there ingredients on the bottle

Last edited:

Critter

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use sub-m and sub-b with superb results with this line, i honestly couldnt tell the diff in taste to my organic grown. Anybody know if there is a silica product in any of the additives??

BubbaBear

I use sub-m and sub-b with superb results with this line, i honestly couldnt tell the diff in taste to my organic grown. Anybody know if there is a silica product in any of the additives??

Prime has some silica in it, im not sure how much though it cant be much. Fire has bio clay which l believe also contains some silica, so there is some in there if your running there additives . If your in a high humidity environment or outdoors I'd add more. I personally add 2ml per gallon of GH Armor Si and foliar with fasilitor every couple week.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Heavy 16 Fire:
Core Ingredients In Achieving Fire's Performance

Phosphite
3 other forms of available phosphorus
3 forms of available Potassium
High rates of Phosphorous and Potassium to ensure a significant, high quality harvest
2 types of cold processed kelp: Ascophylum Nodosum and Laminaria Japonica
2 forms of Bio - Clay (with exotic minerals)
Triacontanol (Naturally derived)
Handful of other proprietary plant extracts and organic acids.
So, it contains a poorly metabolised fungicide and THREE forms of available phosphorus? Are these mono-, di-, and tribasic orthophosphates or let me guess inorganic phosphate, pyrophosphate (usefulness questionable), and phytic acid (useless)?
And THREE forms of potassium? REALLY? Like potassium nitrate, potassium sulphate, and potassium phosphate? WTF...
Cold pressed Ascophyllum nodosum and Saccharina japonica (Laminaria is an outdated synonyme)? No kidding! Why waste all the goodies one could get by basic or acidic extraction?
And TWO forms of WHAT? BIO-clay? Seriously? BIO? What is it for clay anyway? A clay mineral aka phyllosilicate such as illite and montmorillonite or rather cheap talc and vermiculite, or is it just clay (the one used for pottery)? EDIT: And what are exotic minerals? Rubies and emeralds?
And AFAIK, triacontanol is usually naturally derived, there's nothing special about that.
A handful of things like citric acid? Interesting...

It's nice that they disclose a good part of their ingredients. Makes them reliable... *cough-cough*

Latest posts

Latest posts