What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

oregon purple thai (reefs)

G

some shots of the OPT cut from reeferman. plant reminds me alot of Hieagles Bluesat#1 cut. this plant has a funky catpiss aroma at 6wks. as it airs some, smells like a crayola crayon.

dont much like that aroma, but ill tough it out for a taste:D

CBF

G

DrD thanks bro, a peep on CW had commented on the yeller as well:yes:

highlander, this is my first run with the plant so its all new for me.

CBF

G

Glad to see you got around to this one CBF. Been waiting for this thread for awhile. Did you get any mutant's from the clones like the seeds of other OPT crosses? From what i've read and heared. This is a sign of the OPT pheno in crosses. Like i have Reef's Cherry Thai and the mutants are a sign of the OPT pheno. I'll be watching this one closely, sine you know i love the Thai's. I don't think i would be happy with the piss smell also, but if it turns out to be a killer plant like others say. I guess it's worth it. Take care CBF
Later

G

hey BG, the only thing that came up on the plant was like a albino effect in the leaf on one branch. no green in the fans. other than that been like growin any BB type plant, easily gets leaf curl, sensitive to nutes. not alot of stretch at all, could of went bigger with it.

I know ya smoke the blue sat, does this plant remind you of it? hieagles BS#1 I had reminds me alot of it in growth.

the hard woody stems, and the floral clusters.

CBF

G

Hey CBF, it does remind me of it. I think for me and what i can see. The leaf structor and the way the resin is forming. Forming from the middle of the bud site and running along the outer edges. The plant structor also looks the same. With the branching of the plant. It could mean that hieagles BS#1 had some OPT in her and lean more to the OPT. Pretty sure DJ used the OPT in the Blueberry and then Breeder Steve used the Sativa Blue Berry with the Number 1 and 2 in the cross of Blue Satellite. I prefer the #2 myself. Not a great yielder but just my favorite day time smoke and party smoke. I've got three packs of BS#2 left. Would be cool to grow them out and see how much they lean to the OPT. OPT was a building block in alot of DJ stuff if i;m right, but i could be wrong. Nice thread CBF, looking foreward to seeing this girl in full bloom.
Take care

G

OPT definitly has somethin to do with BB, in what way im not positive, have heard different stuff on the BB heritage of late.

also while researchin the DAB cut, I came across the "old oregon purple hybrid" as bein a parent of the DAB. makes one wonder if the OPT comes from that line. from DJs description on breedin the BB, and DJ also verifyin the OPT cut for Reef, seems he created the OPT in the first place. but I never here that at all.

its also rumored that the original oregon BB is the afghani plant used in the BB seedline. and that the OPT was used to sweeten the offerin, and take it more towards the present seedline, and not the afghani BB of oregon. lots of speculation that I have great interest in.

anyone have a timeline as to when DJs BB seedline came about.

CBF

G

Good info CBF, I think the OPT was the helper with Breeder Steve's Blueberry Sativa mother plant. I'll try to dig up a picture and compair it with the OPT, but i think his mother plant that he no longer has. Was more on the OPT side in Pheno. I know he was very upset to lose her. I think your right about the OPT used to sweeting things up in DJ's line, but we both could be wrong. There are so many stores out there. It's very hard to keep track of them.
Take care

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From what I see in the leaf structure and the calyxes, it could very well be related to the blueberry plant. They are very similar in many phenos - that I can see here.

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
Hey CBF,
Nice looking OPT.. i wouldnt mind to grow her out myself.. still got the BS#1 going strong.. waiting on the mother to give up some clones and the she will go into flower.. ummm cant wait... does the OPT turn purple??? did ya every get any seeds off the BS#1X SBC?? grow any out yet?? heres a pic of the Dabney Blueberry.. Keep It Green and Stay Safe.. HE

G

hieagle420 said:
Hey CBF,
Nice looking OPT.. i wouldnt mind to grow her out myself.. still got the BS#1 going strong.. waiting on the mother to give up some clones and the she will go into flower.. ummm cant wait... does the OPT turn purple??? did ya every get any seeds off the BS#1X SBC?? grow any out yet?? heres a pic of the Dabney Blueberry.. Keep It Green and Stay Safe.. HE

hey Hieagle, how ya been man. yep, I have seed of the BS#1 X SC. will be grown out this summer, along with others as well that need looked into.

OPT does turn a nice purple color at finish. Reef has posted some outdoor pics of it.

nice big azz BB plant, definitly more along the lines of a BBsativa, big yielder appears, gettin good BB tones from her? have MSMs Ol Blue a week in flower, see what she finishes up like. compare plants for sure.

CBF

3legdog

OPT lookn good !!

OPT lookn good !!

Nice CBF that sure is a sweet sounding strain. Possibly a yeilder too :yoinks: ..damn fine! Yf 3ld

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
CBF said:
hey Hieagle, how ya been man. yep, I have seed of the BS#1 X SC. will be grown out this summer, along with others as well that need looked into.

OPT does turn a nice purple color at finish. Reef has posted some outdoor pics of it.

nice big azz BB plant, definitly more along the lines of a BBsativa, big yielder appears, gettin good BB tones from her? have MSMs Ol Blue a week in flower, see what she finishes up like. compare plants for sure.

CBF

The Dabney BB smells like blueberry muffins that someone barfed back up... LOL.. yeah she will be a yeilder for sure.. hoping to get atleast 4-5 oz off her when done.. that plant is in a 10 gallon container.. cant wait to get her finished and cured up.. took a sample nugglet from her last week ...uuummm tasted like blueberry muffins.. mines still got about 3 weeks left to go.. Keep It Green and Stay Safe.. HE :woohoo: :wave: :bat:

G

heres some shots of the OPT at 52 days of flower. had a catpiss aroma but think its changin. pickin up some color in the buds now. guess this plant runs around 70 days, Im seein cloudy trics at this point. almost wanna chop her:D

CBF

Latest posts

Latest posts