What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need advice please

linky

I use full strength nutes right away when I pop seeds, just raise the light away a bit for a couple weeks. You are in coco so set ph to ~5.8 and water multiple times a day You can't over water, Its not soil, you do not need to wait days until the container gets light and dries out, actually you never want coco to dry out at all, I water via timer for 15 minutes 3-4 times a day in veg and every 2 hours while lights on in flower (flood and drain trays, recirc nutes). I use straight canna coco with canna coco nutrients.

When your plants get bigger, you can put the light a lot closer than 36 inches above the tops. I use ViparSpectra too, and for flowering, the light is only three or four inches above the canopy with no burnt leaves.

Be careful with your eyes. LED's aren't good for eyes, and this being your first grow, you may spend a lot of time just gawking in wonder (we all did the first time, it's okay). Just don't stare at the lights.

Hello,

Is it the same light we have, the 900..?
I try to follow the manual for now "for seedlings be very careful with a 36" - 40" height..."
Next is "after a week or 2 bring down to 26" - 30" through the rest of veg"
For flowering they advise 16" to 20", 3 or 4" seems very close :eek:

For the eyes i'm covered i got myself a pair of those method glasses :D

Thx for the tips :woohoo:

Whatever container you are mixing into make sure to leave some extra space to add more distilled water in case the mix is too strong.

for example i will add one gallon of r/o to a five gallon bucket, this way you can stir it vigorously without worrying about it spilling over the sides.

Start with your r/o or distilled in your case.

add calmag to .2ec

then add all the nutrients including your additives, make sure to add them in the specific order the manufacturer requests.

then check your e.c

if the e.c is greater than .6 then add some distilled water to the mix to dilute it down to .6

once you reach the desired e.c, ph your mixture last and feed.

Great thx, going to do this right now, just got back from store with the water :)

Done :)

Started with 5L water
So i added CalMag till 0.2
Than added all the nuts and ended up @ 0.8
Had to add +/- 3L water to get it down to 0.6
Warmed it up a bit with an aquarium heater to 24°C
Than ph'ed it to 5.5

Watered and ended up with 2 of the 7 pots having just enough runoff to mesure it >> ph 6.7

Does this seem ok, or do i have to do another watering to get runoff from all of them..?

Its good practice to get runoff, make a note so you can mix enough next time.

I have noted everything up & untill now :)
Even if i go down there and do absolutely nothing i take note haha :D

Here some pics

20170626_162233.jpg

20170626_162247.jpg

Thx again for the help :woohoo:

Depending of they all are ladies and how big they get, your tent will get crowded

The plan was to prepare 7 pots, keep the 4 best ones in the tent, and put the 3 smaller ones outside :)

They are feminized seeds so i suppose they should all be females.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Hello,

Is it the same light we have, the 900..?
I try to follow the manual for now "for seedlings be very careful with a 36" - 40" height..."
Next is "after a week or 2 bring down to 26" - 30" through the rest of veg"
For flowering they advise 16" to 20", 3 or 4" seems very close :eek:

For the eyes i'm covered i got myself a pair of those method glasses :D

Thx for the tips :woohoo:

I have two 450's mounted together, so should be pretty close to the same results as your 900.

3 or 4 inches might seem close, but if you put your hand 3-4 inches below the light, you won't really feel ANY heat. Try 6 or 8 inches and keep playing with it until you get maximized results/minimal (or no) damage.

I have two 450's mounted together, so should be pretty close to the same results as your 900.

3 or 4 inches might seem close, but if you put your hand 3-4 inches below the light, you won't really feel ANY heat. Try 6 or 8 inches and keep playing with it until you get maximized results/minimal (or no) damage.

When you are so close with the light, don't you lose like 3/4 of the footprint of the light..?

Tomorrow I'm gonna start lowering it 1" per day till i get to the recommended 26-30" :D

Hello again,

What about spraying the little ones with a spraybottle..?
Is this allowed to do when the light is on..?
If so should i do that every day/week/...?
I can imagin it has to be ph'ed too that water but do i need to add something to that water..?

Thx in advance :)

I think i might have found the problem..
This is what i got when i asked for a bottle of CalMag..
It says "use for entire flower period"
Are there different kinds of CalMag maybe..?
:cry:

image.jpg

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Hello again,

What about spraying the little ones with a spraybottle..?
Is this allowed to do when the light is on..?
If so should i do that every day/week/...?
I can imagin it has to be ph'ed too that water but do i need to add something to that water..?

Thx in advance :)

I wouldn't spray seedlings. Doesn't help.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would be concerned about what "Boost" brings to the table. Seems safer to leave it out if your base nutrient lists Ca and Mg.

There are generally two types of CaMg, one derived from a nitrogen source and one not. The former lists Calcium Nitrate and Magnesium Nitrate typically. I keep Botanicare on hand but haven't had a need with Floranova Bloom one part.

And no don't spray them. Try to avoid the tendency to tinker, it usually ends badly.

I would be concerned about what "Boost" brings to the table. Seems safer to leave it out if your base nutrient lists Ca and Mg.

There are generally two types of CaMg, one derived from a nitrogen source and one not. The former lists Calcium Nitrate and Magnesium Nitrate typically. I keep Botanicare on hand but haven't had a need with Floranova Bloom one part.

And no don't spray them. Try to avoid the tendency to tinker, it usually ends badly.

Yep, i watered them today without that CalMag bottle!
Posted a pic of each one here, as i have autoflowers in coco i made a thread there too :D
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=343709

Cheers