What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

jacketed collection vessel quick connects

pnw bb

As i set up this new system with a jacketed collection pot and jacketed shatter platter im curious what everyone uses as their connection to the vessel from the hose. i assume most are using a quick connect of sorts. Thanks for sharing!

pnw bb

Let me clarify its for the heated water to be circulated from the resi to the collection vessel and back

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let me clarify its for the heated water to be circulated from the resi to the collection vessel and back

I built my jacketed vessels with 1 1/2" X 1" sanitary flanges for quick disconnect, using a hinged clamp.

I had the 1" hot water hoses made up with a barb to MNPT fitting to screw into the 1 1/2" sanitary end caps, to match the flanges.

Sriley28

I built my jacketed vessels with 1 1/2" X 1" sanitary flanges for quick disconnect, using a hinged clamp.

I had the 1" hot water hoses made up with a barb to MNPT fitting to screw into the 1 1/2" sanitary end caps, to match the flanges.

Do you happen to have a pic of that? Curious to see what that setup looks like!

Side question, is there a thread of photos of people's set ups? It's always interesting to see what other people have for system configurations.

Old Gold

I just JIC hoses and NPT adapter fittings. I pipe things so that the jackets can be drained of chilling fluid and then filled back with warm water, without having to remove the hoses at all.

I'll get you some pics after assembly this week.

Sriley28

I just JIC hoses and NPT adapter fittings. I pipe things so that the jackets can be drained of chilling fluid and then filled back with warm water, without having to remove the hoses at all.

I'll get you some pics after assembly this week.

Appreciate it!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you happen to have a pic of that? Curious to see what that setup looks like!

Side question, is there a thread of photos of people's set ups? It's always interesting to see what other people have for system configurations.
Not that shows it clearly.

Attachments

• DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 14