What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any idea what can cause this?

romuros

Hi

Does anybody has idea what can cause this?
Strait coco
Head3 formula with ph 5,7- 6. DTW 5 times per day with planty runoff.
I had many runs with same conditions in same place with no problems.
I have 40 babys in now and seems that all got affected.
They are now in 3rd week of flowering. Pic are from most affected plants.
The buds are not devoloping instead they are gettin small dry hairs.

Any help is welcome since i am lost

Attachments

• 20170614_215336.jpg
    20170614_215336.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170614_215404.jpg
    20170614_215404.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 12

eric2028

Veteran
Did you recently treat with a foliar spray? You are not letting fans/wind damage occur? Have you ruled out broad mites with a microscope? If it's effecting everything then there is a common denominator.

eric2028

Veteran
If you are feeding 5 x a day it's safe to say you have a very established/ rootbound pot correct?

romuros

Thanks for stopping by

They were veg for 4 weeks with no problems and looking beautiful with healthy roots poping out of smartpots.. There was some issue with discoloration of leaves so i thought it might be tobaco virus but as i did research i didn't find any evidence that tobaco mosaic virus can do such damage.
Thay were foilar sprayed twice. i spray them with spinosad as precausion when i put them in flower room.
I do that for many years without any complication.
Second i foilar feed them with cal-mag because i think its might be deficiency but i also did this before with no issue.
No mites or any other insects.
i have a fan but aiming to lights not on the plants.
I had some temp.issue due to hot summer but never more than 35c with humidity 65%.

iI will put more pics tomorow.

Just thinking to cut them all off and starten new round but till i don't know what it is i am afraid that it might happen again.

romuros

i also flush them with only ph water and start feedeng with1/2 strenght solution and slowly go till ful strenght but no effect.

romuros

damm. just checked pics on internet and seems exactly same as what i have. will check with mic first think in morning .
Any recovery from that at this stage?

Motherf.... Newer heard of bastards before.

eric2028

Veteran
Lots of things can look like broadmite damage. The only way to know is with a scope. If you do indeed have them they really suck. And your better off starting new at this point. They can be beat but spraying lots of Chems at this stage isn't a good thing. But first things first get a scope take a look. Be patient while looking sometimes it takes a while to find them with a scope.

romuros

i am just back from my grow.
BAD BAD BAD news.
Broad mites are everywhere .
I feel so stupid not to check before with scope but i never had any issues with them. I only got spider mites once and kill them all with spinosad.

I just don't know what to do.
Seems that all products( nuke em, forbid etc..) that helps aren't avalible in EU. I find nuke em in UK but refused to ship in my country.
Any EU users know what is avalible in EU?

I just brought in all heaters i have and will try to heat up the place to 120f.

In 15 years of growing i never had lost hole round. My heart is crying just thinking of possibility that i have to chop them all.

eric2028

Veteran
Yea bud sorry to hear, that stinks. Most people don't know about them. I didn't until I got them myself. I beat mine with avid and forbid4f,og biowar. If this is not a perpetual grow I would chop it down. Sterilize everything. Spray talstar pro everywhere. Move past on to the next round with clean clones. Good luck!

Speed of green

The tobacco mosaic virus look is the first sign, i dismissed my broad mites as that for about two weeks until the sides started to curl.

Forbid works if youre planning on keeping the plants. otherwise i would just start over.

from the picture you posted they look pretty far gone.

swirskii mites, they work great too if your infestation isnt that bad and you want to go an organic route. Id do your homework though as i cant recall the specific mite they target.

romuros

I found them also in clones room. By by my genetics.
It is perpetual. I take clones from plants that goes in flower room. Veg them for 7 weeks before flower.

reading through posts on bastards i decided to chop everything tomorrow.

Lucky my grow is not part of house. I have 3 separate rooms 10m2 each and bathroom so i think i will first try heat treatment.

Since none of product you guys use aren't available at my location i will also hit them with some serious chemistry if heat treatment fail.

eric2028

Veteran
Og biowar helps. Also green cleaner is suppose to work. Could prob find both on eBay. Avid is serious stuff but works great on adults and babies. Forbid works best on their eggs.

HqFarms

Yea bud sorry to hear, that stinks. Most people don't know about them. I didn't until I got them myself. I beat mine with avid and forbid4f,og biowar. If this is not a perpetual grow I would chop it down. Sterilize everything. Spray talstar pro everywhere. Move past on to the next round with clean clones. Good luck!

What ever you do, don't spray your plants with talstar. That shit has a residual that lasts up to eight months or so. Don't spray anything that you might touch either

eric2028

Veteran
Yea not on the plants! You can spray floors,pots,even the outside of the house. The stuff is approved to spray inside commercial kitchens and food prep facilities. Also it's the same active ingredient as ortho home defense just higher concentration. With that being said you always need to take proper precautions when handling chemicals.

romuros

I have demolished my grow today. I brought in 30kw diesel heater and bring up the temps in all areas to 130F for 3 hours. It was so hot that walls was uncomfortable to touch. I couldn't be in for more than min at once. I know I overheated but can't harm.
I will start new hunt for genetics from seed on other location and i will not go near them until iI kill all those bastards.
I will keep heating every day until I get chemicals i had ordered.
I did inspect leaves for an hour but couldn't find no dead or alive one but i was tired already so I will check again tomorow.
I have left plants in during the heating. After hour and half they were all bone dry.
I have also left vents all on so heat went through filters and cool tubes installation.

romuros

I have demolished my grow today. I brought in 30kw diesel heater and bring up the temps in all areas to 130F for 3 hours. It was so hot that walls was uncomfortable to touch. I couldn't be in for more than min at once. I know I overheated but can't harm.
I will start new hunt for genetics from seed on other location and i will not go near them until iI kill all those bastards.
I will keep heating every day until I get chemicals i had ordered.
I did inspect leaves for an hour but couldn't find no dead or alive one but i was tired already so I will check again tomorow.
I have left plants in during the heating. After hour and half they were all bone dry.
I have also left vents all on so heat went through filters and cool tubes installation.

romuros

Quick update

I was able to get avid( vertimec pro in eu)
And some forbid( oberon in eu).
I sprayed place with bleach solution plus peroxide solution.
I also ordered some Nuke em from us but will arive in 10 days.

I discovered that all clones seller in Austria have broad mites.
Some of them did kill the adoults but they didnt manage to kill eggs.
I was in Graz, Wiena, Klahenfurt and Radgburg and they all have clones full of eggs so if your buying in Hanf Hanf and their reps. be sure you will get the infection. They just say its mosaic virus that is harmles to plants.Hell harmles. Fuckers killed all my 40 plants that was in 2 weeks of flower after month of vegging. What a bull shit.
I also got my seeda today so for autum i will go from start.
I bought swirski mites but have to wait with them till next week so avid aplyed wount kill them. I will put some swirski aroud the house and in ventilation system.
Cant wait to eliminate those buggers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts