What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Kate and Skunk Pharmers speak at Portland State University

bbymayo

I wish I payed more attention to this post, I would of flown out there to join the grey wolf groupies. Will stay tooned for the video! Any possibility of more lectures like this one?

PDX Dopesmoker

This seems somewhat similar

Tuesday, May 16, 2017
7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Prism House
4105 NE 112th, Portland, OR (map)

4105 - NE 112 th in Portland. See map below for parking
Price: $10.00 /per person
Refund policy

Hello Oregon Cannabis Industry Professionals!

Our featured speaker of the May 16th OCIM is:
CARLA KAY, Skunk Pharm Research & EMMA CHASEN, Farma

Carla Kay, aka Eloquentsolution, is an electrical engineer, grower, caregiver, patient and founder of Skunk Pharm Research, a company that has pioneered extraction research, process and equipment development and education, as well as providing countless patients with clean and potent medicine. Carla will be talking about her extensive research in cannabis extraction - the differences in efficacy of extraction at the stages of growth in cannabis, how the process and storage affects this efficacy and how bud tenders and patients can use that information to identify the quality of extracts just by how it looks.

Emma Chasen has a mission to educate people on the science behind Cannabis so that they may take charge of their own healing. After graduating from Brown University in 2014 with a degree in Medicinal Plant Research, Emma went on to coordinate Clinical Oncology trials with the Brown University Oncology Research Group. After moving to Portland in 2015, she found her way to Farma and is now the Director of Education there, helping to train staff on Cannabis science, research and empathetic patient care. She is also a freelance Cannabis science writer, Educational Cannabis Consultant and is in the process of creating a standardized Cannabis course and training program for Oregon.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wish I payed more attention to this post, I would of flown out there to join the grey wolf groupies. Will stay tooned for the video! Any possibility of more lectures like this one?

We set this one up at PSU's request, so whether we do any more there is up to them. Dr. Kate's lecture on THC-a was the primary theme, and we other three tacked on growing, extracting, and processing teasers at the end to suck them down the rabbit hole and get further invites.

Our long range plans aside from PSU, include resuming lectures by guest speakers, like we did with Dr's Fischedick and Melamede.

We are first trying to resolve some short range issues related to the site platform and direction.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This seems somewhat similar

You go girls! Looks like that one is tonight!!

Carla also does private consulting through Specialized Formulations and Joe through Oregon Medical Growers, so I'm not always aware of their plans.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
did i miss a posted link to the vid of the lecture?

Tom is still editing our video, shot in 20 minute segments with two overlapping SLR-D cameras, plus adding peeectures. I haven't heard from McDermott Studios, but will check progress with both at the end this week.

PDX Dopesmoker

Carla's shindig last night was worth going to, two very informative & interesting talks covering variety of topics, including some info in the controversial sphere of how to eyeball dabs and afterwards an opportunity to sample a large variety of the elusive Box Extracts products. This was the first time I tried their high potency sublingual tincture. It is tasty, effective & potent & apparently its over 60% hash oil by weight, so a very small amount goes a long way (as in I was still a little stoned when I woke up this morning).

RXm1x9N.jpg

blastfrompast

Veteran
graywolf
what did the grape ape extact taste like terp profile

I run that strain also,

not a fan of the oil it makes tho....seems to loose the fruity nose after a couple flips it seems..slab smells good, but flavor isn't there.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
graywolf
what did the grape ape extact taste like terp profile

I run that strain also,

not a fan of the oil it makes tho....seems to loose the fruity nose after a couple flips it seems..slab smells good, but flavor isn't there.

Solly, been awhile since I've tasted Grape Ape, and don't remember. Perhaps PD can answer that question.

In general Carla's dabbing concentrates are aromatic and tasty, so I infer the same profile as the flowers used.

PDX Dopesmoker

I don't think I touched Grape Ape to the nail, that Grape Ape was just one of the envelopes in the photo. ES brought about 10 different grams with her, I tasted a few & they were all potent, tasty material. I'm pretty sure that oil in the photo is Blue Power.

I was there and thought it was good for a short story and there was good snacks, on top of which Dr Kate was smart and hot! Also the tall blue eyed blond with one of the photography dudes, who front row.

Gray Wolf and the other Pharmer's were enlightening, but breef, and not as hot. Less distracting though and I look forward to more.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was there and thought it was good for a short story and there was good snacks, on top of which Dr Kate was smart and hot! Also the tall blue eyed blond with one of the photography dudes, who front row.

Gray Wolf and the other Pharmer's were enlightening, but breef, and not as hot. Less distracting though and I look forward to more.

AT SPR brains trump, but we also found that we get higher attendance with one or more foxes present.

We did have to pack a lot in a short time frame, but the event was meant as a teaser to get us invited back for a longer one and we will have to see how that works out.

Last edited:
I just checked with Oregon Corporation Division and Skunk Pharm changed hands in Jan of 2016. They also changed their address to 20215 SW 95th Tualatin, which is the same address as Pharmgold. Please don't tell me James Davies of Timbercon is involved in Skunk Pharm too.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just checked with Oregon Corporation Division and Skunk Pharm changed hands in Jan of 2016. They also changed their address to 20215 SW 95th Tualatin, which is the same address as Pharmgold. Please don't tell me James Davies of Timbercon is involved in Skunk Pharm too.

[FONT=&quot]I'm limited in what I can say due to an unresolved legal dispute, but yes, in January 2016, at the same time I traded WolfWurx to Pharmgold, us'n Skunk Pharmers traded majority ownership and management control of Skunk Pharm Research to James Davies and Eric Meslow in return for them installing a more user friendly and financially viable platform that could survive without passing on the costs to the site’s users. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What you see is the culmination of their 18 months of effort. I am sure they are interested in your input regarding SPR's new face, as well as suggestions for improvement.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You can reach SPR's manager James Davies, who is responsible the new look, at James@skunkpharmresearch.com or info.skunkpharmresearch@gmail.com.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'm limited in what I can say due to an unresolved legal dispute, but yes, in January 2016, at the same time I traded WolfWurx to Pharmgold, us'n Skunk Pharmers traded majority ownership and management control of Skunk Pharm Research to James Davies and Eric Meslow in return for them installing a more user friendly and financially viable platform that could survive without passing on the costs to the site’s users. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What you see is the culmination of their 18 months of effort. I am sure they are interested in your input regarding SPR's new face, as well as suggestions for improvement.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You can reach SPR's manager James Davies, who is responsible the new look, at James@skunkpharmresearch.com or info.skunkpharmresearch@gmail.com.[/FONT]

Thanks for the strait answers Greywolf and sorry to here they got control Skumk Pharm! I've herd how they treat customers.

Do I read unresolved legal dispute as meaning the got to you to?

For it worth, I liked the old site better.

I take no answer as answer, n asked my BL who PI to check out James.

Linked in say he bord diretors St Marys boys club. Way acts, must be grad.

Latest posts

Latest posts