What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal-best time to go

rajen

thanks folks for your positive vibes.
3 weeks is really short... 6 month where too short for me.
enjoy your trip, it was a live changing experience for me.
there are pictures, but they're on paper and it'll be work to get them here but maybe i'll try and post some.
it'll take quite a while, we'll see.

another story: i had to eat some opium because i had a bad flu. opium stopped it, but also got me stoned.
it was at lakeside in pokhara, i sat on the small island near the temple, when a guy with a plastic bag approached me and asked if i want a piece of cake.
i didn't expect it to be a strong hash cake.
anyway i ate one and soon i was stoned as hell.
a friend with his gf came with his boat and asked me if i would like to go to the other side of the lake.
as there lived a pretty japanese girl i agreed.
we started in daylight. but before we reached the other side, it grew dark, but you could see the lights on the riverbanks.
we were paddling like crazies, but after 2 hours we hadn't moved an inch.
but didn't notice for 2 hours :)
the boat got stuck in a fishermans net.
o.k. we freed the boat and decided to go back, because the french guy scared his gf with tales that ghost and dakinis were holding back the boat etc. etc.:)
but when we looked around it was dark night, i mean really dark, no lights at all, because the electricity went down, very common...
we didn't know which way to paddle, until the guru started a generator and there were lights at the temple.
this trip took us almost 5 hours with hardly any move towards anything.
as you can imagine, we did smoke a lot on this trip, otherwise it woul've been not so long :) :) :)
but this is very typic for asia, and the most typic thing would be, that you wouldn't care :)
take it easy, folks and stay smoky :)
rajen

Dkgrower

Veteran
High High all, just to clear so things up.

The village is spelled KASOL and can be a ok place to stop over eat and the get the fuck out there but go futher up the vally to the other villages fore a more real trip.

So saying that u only find good hash in Paravati is bull, they make some first class dry sift and rub in nepal. Same as in india they make 95% lower quality but u can find in both good stuff.

U need to look and be hard and turn down crappy shit and say to them that u want some better and wait to see what happens.

Last time it took me 3 weeks in paravati to find some good stuff, it was a italien freind that came and emty his stash and i got the left overs.

Just like in marokko they only prooduce the top quality if they know there are some 1 that want to pay and also know what good stuff is. Or els they just sell u lower quality and tell u its the best

rajen

hi dk,
thanks for the correction of the name.
I think i must have smoked kilos of nepali charras and i really love it.
But charras can never be of equal or better quality as melana. sorry mate, there is no comparision to melana or parvati gomma. but i also think one shouldn't compare nepali to melana.
each has it's own best qualities.
you won't find best quality in kathmandu unless you have friends. on the street: no way. you can tell them as much as you want, once they showed you the best quality, you'll have to wait a day and what they shown to you is different but not better.
if you know charas you also know who it's made and how it looks.
each worker makes around one thola a day, the 'strings' are formed to a big egg.
When you see 5 kg of it, you'll find more than 50, different looking qualities, different clours, different textures and more...
and within one egg i differs too ...
only the 'pollen' is different and likely to be better, but no best qualty as in manali.
if yo've got friends that's another thing. I stayed 3 months and knew some people, but even for them it was hard and we had to smoke good standard onc in a while.

C

Chamba

one or two alone are o.k. but a group is a drag...
the only ones I met causing trouble!
there are many guest houses in bangkok with a sign saying 'no isralies'
because they're causing too much trouble all the time.

Trouble?...what type of trouble?

anyway , they can't be worse than a group of drunk, obnoxious Aussies or Brits could they?

rajen

one or two alone are o.k. but a group is a drag...
the only ones I met causing trouble!
there are many guest houses in bangkok with a sign saying 'no isralies'
because they're causing too much trouble all the time.

Trouble?...what type of trouble?

anyway , they can't be worse than a group of drunk, obnoxious Aussies or Brits could they?
hi champa,
well i in se asia very frequently, and my base is in bkk thailand.
you sit in an open air bar, next to many other bars and enjoy a beer.
a group of israelis shows up and looks for the prices of the menues of some bars next to each other.
they chose one bar which is the
nicest one. in asia you're always looking for comfortable seats and couches without bugs in it. well they chose the most comfortable bar, but pricier then the others.
what happens when the bill is presented: a very aggresive hassle because they want to pay the lower price of the other bars.
at the end they state:' either you take what we offer, or we walk away'' what they did? they walked away. the next day i saw a sign in that bar, saying: 'no israeli'

i walk down a crowded road, in asia it's easy, because every1 (as a natural behaviour), manages not to touch anyone, without effort. like this it is possible to handle the masses on the street.
i was knocked down by someone because he ran into me, guess what? yes, it was an israeli.
more? in koh panghan there is a box gym, very good reputation, even in bkk.
they have a kind of tourist program, they ask if someone wants to challenge a guy in his late 50ies. an israeli guy does so.
the thai boxer goes easy on him, not very hard. but as the israeli realizes that the thai is only playing with him, he gets in rage, jumps on the thai bites in his nose, kicks, spits...really disgusting. some thais intervene to seperate the 2parties, as more israelies jump in the ring and a bloody brawl starts.
i never saw anything like this in more than 30 years of travel, except with israelis.
though i can understand how it comes, i hate such behavior.
on a small island in the andaman sea i met an israeli guy (the owner of the resort is an israeli guy too), and we had some j's together and walked around the island.
what he told me made me shiver.
he owns a buisiness of producing air cos, with 50workers, got it from his dad when he was killed in war.
with 18 he went to the army, and from then on, almost every year, and he had to fight every time. when in the army, he couldn't run the business and 39 of his employees had to leave.
he was really sad about this. coming out of the army they go to party in non islamic areas of the world....i don't like meeting more than one or two at a time.
just my two cent
p.s. it's just my experience, there are for sure israelies out there beeing cool and nice people.

baby-converse

I know its been years since this post, but does anyone know how the bud has been recently in Nepal? I've been before back in 2013 but sadly they had an earthquake since then.
Has anyone been since then and know if bud is still very available and what is the best month to go for the best bud?

R

Rox

Just bumping this thread as a very close friend is visiting Nepal next month & has asked me if there is any good links or advice to scoring out there..

Personally i am hoping he finds the Nepali dry sift "pollen" that i was accustomed to from the motherland :dance013:

Where is hom these days???

cainedspaniard

when's he here? im here now from UK and have made a couple friends who could help, he gets him self a sim card and sorted. it's nice pollen beaten in Kathmandu but i'm some nice hand rubbed hash personally..

R

Rox

when's he here? im here now from UK and have made a couple friends who could help, he gets him self a sim card and sorted. it's nice pollen beaten in Kathmandu but i'm some nice hand rubbed hash personally..

End of April.... You lucky person! Got any pics of what you picked up?

Best time for bud is February onward. Ganja is getting better as techniques are being learned to care for it better. Still cheap $200/kilo. pollen is ready and available all year. $1000/tola,

High elevation equals early harvest,
As elevation drops harvest time is later.

Krupier2

Hi cainedspaniard!

I have just come across your post and, as we are leaving for Nepal in a couple of days and I could actually do without the hassle with the shady street dealers in Thamel, would you mind letting me have these contact details you mentioned?

I would really appreciate it! :)

Thank you!

Been to Nepal a few times, found unthinkable quality sativa sinsemilla, charas and pollen. If you form good relationships with locals then the best quality comes your way.

If you want sativa flowers, charas and pollen go to Nepal in oct-march. There are indicas too, they produce the second class hash from Nepal.

Most of the high quality Sativa flower I found was one-two hit quit smoke. Super strong on all accounts and flavor off the charts.

Charas is harder to find, pollen is everywhere.

If you learn some Nepali the locals will really appreciate it.

window

Veteran
Sound's great,
I will try to learn the Nepalese for " I want the best charas and narrow leaf flower".

window

Veteran
Nepali, I meant, this is gonna take some practice, Ma sabai bhandā rāmrō charas ra sām̐ghurō pāta phūla cāhanuhuncha
I hope that's right?

cainedspaniard

Hi cainedspaniard!

I have just come across your post and, as we are leaving for Nepal in a couple of days and I could actually do without the hassle with the shady street dealers in Thamel, would you mind letting me have these contact details you mentioned?

I would really appreciate it! :)

Thank you!
Hey man, no issues.

Sorry for long wait on reply, i went to mountains and lack of electric up there let alone wifi.

Im back in Kathmandu for a week and the hotel im staying is called Mayum Goegmo, i think if you search Mayum Goegmo Restaurant in Baudha then you'll find it. Its 6km from Thamel.

There the guys who hooked me up plus im there now and just this morning met with the guy and i asked for some which i believe he'll bring tomorrow for me. We could always have a smoke and if you like it we can go try get you some it's also been a while since i spoke English to anyone so smoke would be good plan.

Latest posts

Latest posts