What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubble hash, who does it?

HereIgrowagain

And a better question, is it worth the clarting on with?

I have just chopped my grow and kept hold of the very best of the trim and I am now the proud owner of 4 full zip lock bags of sugary trim. I decompressed the bags to get as much air out as possible and banged them in the freezer whilst I decide their fate.

As previously mentioned in other threads I gave up the weed nicotine almost 2 years ago, and never smoked gear for about 5 years I think it is.

The grow I have done is for family needs and initial tests seems to point in the direction of, bang tidy product that covers the needs of the meds.

I have been vaping oil since I quit the smokes and I think it only fair that I get to try what I am knocking out, hence the idea of Bubble hash or maybe I can turn it into an oil of some sort for the vaping. I have a dry herb vape device that I could use no problem. I just wanna test what I am achieving.

Have any of you lads dabbled in the bubble side of things? Is it worth me doing say 1lb of sugar leaf/trim? Should I be investing in a half decent set of bags?

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
traditionally I'm a dry sifter... but a few months ago I bought some of those super cheap chinese bags off ebay.. I think they were 25 quid for a 5 bag set.. I've only used them a few times so far but I'm very pleased with the results and they seem to holding up just fine :)

edit: whatever else you do with it, don't chuck it out.. I read on another thread of wet trim going for 250 on the qtr pound... :woot:

Last edited:
B

bigganjabud

+1 for what jamie said really

I purchased an 8 bag set for £30ish

Im all fingers and thumbs useally only advice ive got is find two of them big 15ltr fishing bait buckets

I find it a lot easyer than splashing about in the front room

Its great stuff look at some of the tutorials on youtube mate im a firm believer in if i can see it being done i can follow it easyer

JamieShoes

Veteran
yeah it's definitely worth buying 3 or 4 cheap buckets (big uns) from the pound shop..can end up with ice and bags and mash all over the shop lol :D

HereIgrowagain

kinaesthetic

There are 3 ways of learning big

Via sight, watching someone do something

Via listening being told how to do something and

Via hands on getting stuck into it and realising that what you saw and heard is what you can make happen ;)

Would I gain much by doing a 1lb of very close trim Lads, would I be able to vape that or should I be looking at making it into an oil of some kind. I have found a 5 bag 5 gallon set up for £25 25, 73, 120, 160, 220 micron will that be suitable enough?

JamieShoes

Veteran
would be nice if it had a 45 but you should do ok with that mate (in my very limited experience, I mean)

sorry I can't comment on the vaping or the oil, I'm not really clued up on either...

B

bigganjabud

Yeah mate im with you

Personally i prefer using all 3 methods

Id say try a bubble run then soak the rest in iso and make some oil for yourself as a reward for all this hard work also make yourself a few cookies/flapjacks

Bangin

mack 10

Veteran
with bubble your looking at 5-10% yield, with oil your looking at 10-30% return.
dry sift can vary depending how clean you want to go,anywhere from 1%-30% return.
rosin is also doable, return is strain dependant, if you sift first then rosin the hash you can get 50-60% plus.

have fun.

Last edited:

JamieShoes

Veteran
in case it's of interest, I found a chinese seller doing individual bags for 8 quid..

search for "5Gallon Herbal Ice Bubble Hash Bag" - seller is called excellentwhole

Big-Narstie

It is certainly worth having a go at making bubble hash especially if your trim is frosty and smells just like the bud did. I've only owned bubble bags then got a washing machine Togo with.. Best thing I ever done lol. I've also used the old bubblesacs and a cheap set a mate had n all worked the same as long as the mesh size is correct with no holes in seams they all do the same job imo. But the bubble bags r quality made.

Don't press the hash when wet and dry it out properly and u will have some gorgeous deep full tasting head roasting goodness. Cooking with it is also encouraged.

Everybody has to bubble at least once in their lives. If the trim is nice enough, go for it it'll pay for the bags aswell

B

bigganjabud

I get aufully tight with my bubble

"Theres a jar of bud, you can help yourself,you wanna know whats in my joint? Its called none'ya!"

Mate replys "none'ya never heard of it "(now hes grinning cos he thinks hes gettin some of my doob)

My reply "none'ya fuckin buisness now put that jar down and do one"

thchunter

I also brought the bubble bag set and washer best Investment I have made no more blowing my drill up and my back likes it this way as well I got a nice 30gram piece last time I ran the washer

JamieShoes

Veteran
I get aufully tight with my bubble

"Theres a jar of bud, you can help yourself,you wanna know whats in my joint? Its called none'ya!"

Mate replys "none'ya never heard of it "(now hes grinning cos he thinks hes gettin some of my doob)

My reply "none'ya fuckin buisness now put that jar down and do one"

hahaha ... I'm just tight with my spliff full stop mate... I don't mind if someone wants to roll off my stash but man, you can NOT have my spliff... I think I got so used to being in NL where everyone who smokes weed has weed...then when I go home I'm sat there with eyes following me while I completely forget to have any manners and pass....every fkn time lmao :D

My bubblehash

My bubblehash

Trying to upload a photo but not having much luck

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 16

mr.brunch

Veteran
I still use the gravity-ice-water (gumby hash) method.... works lovely.
Especially in cookies!