What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Blood and Bones of the Fallen Grow Flowers

starke

Been out of town for two weeks and offline. WOW...those are some ladies that are lovin' life!

LungCooking

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Since I have a few extra inches or so of space in my raised beds my plan is to lay down a fresh layer of a high quality local compost/soil mix soon. I'll lay some down right before I install the soaker hoses

WHat compost/mix are you going to use to make that deluxe layer? :p

[/FONT]

justiceman

Veteran
Been out of town for two weeks and offline. WOW...those are some ladies that are lovin' life!
:biggrin: Sometimes I look at them and wonder if they are even growing but then I look a week back and I become satisfied haha.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

WHat compost/mix are you going to use to make that deluxe layer? :p

[/FONT]
For some reason I thought it was a local compost mix, but I was mistaken. It's been a couple years since I bought some hahaha, but after I looked at the bag I realized it's widely available. I used it in my beds the last time I did outdoor and loved it.

Anyway it's name is Master Nursery Bumper Crop. It's some seriously good stuff loaded with nutrition and diverse microbiology. Here's an excerpt from their website below.
Bumper Crop Organic Soil Amendment is a soil building blend of manure and high organic nutrient content of shellfish compost, dark, rich earthworm castings (adds minerals and biology), kelp, peat, aged bark, and lobster – inoculated with endo and ecto michorrizal fungi to improve root function. The lobster body provides a lot of Nitrogen, and the shells breakdown to release a lot of Calcium, the #1 ingredients that plants need. Bumper Crop Organic Soil Amendment is an all-purpose, pre-fertilized planting and garden soil amendment. This product excels as a nutrient rich top dressing and mulch. OMRI Listed.

LungCooking

:biggrin: Sometimes I look at them and wonder if they are even growing but then I look a week back and I become satisfied haha.

For some reason I thought it was a local compost mix, but I was mistaken. It's been a couple years since I bought some hahaha, but after I looked at the bag I realized it's widely available. I used it in my beds the last time I did outdoor and loved it.

Anyway it's name is Master Nursery Bumper Crop. It's some seriously good stuff loaded with nutrition and diverse microbiology. Here's an excerpt from their website below.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bumper Crop Organic Soil Amendment is a soil building blend of manure and high organic nutrient content of shellfish compost, dark, rich earthworm castings (adds minerals and biology), kelp, peat, aged bark, and lobster – inoculated with endo and ecto michorrizal fungi to improve root function. The lobster body provides a lot of Nitrogen, and the shells breakdown to release a lot of Calcium, the #1 ingredients that plants need. Bumper Crop Organic Soil Amendment is an all-purpose, pre-fertilized planting and garden soil amendment. This product excels as a nutrient rich top dressing and mulch. OMRI Listed. [/FONT]
wow! sounds like the perfect ocean blend, shellfish, kelp and lobster! :good:

justiceman

Veteran
Whats up! Hope everyone is well and enjoying the summer. It won’t last much longer. My favorite time of the year.:dance013:

Went outside to water today and felt like snapping a few pictures. The ladies are in full form and loving life. In the next few days I’m going to finally get around to adding a Bumper Crop mulch and laying down soaker hose which I will then set on a hose timer. The mulch will help me conserve water as well as add more microbial diversity, and a slight nutrition boost.

So far they seem to have an adequate amount of food from the amendments. The goal for this grow is water only so far so good.

Afgooey
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
picture.php

Farm Cheese
picture.php

Outlaw
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
:rtfo:

You gonna clone/keep that Farm Cheese?

Beast
Honestly I was not planning on it. I don't usually keep mom's these days but the growth is so crazy compared to the others I kind of want to try an indoor run with her and see what happens :biggrin:. Maybe I'll take a few cuts, see how she flowers outside and go from there. I gotta do it soon before they start flowering if I want to save any. I'm definitely considering it at this point.

justiceman

Veteran
Yo what's up everybody! As always I hope your days are chill and filled with smooth quality smoke to enjoy the times. Just a little update on the plants. They are really starting to blow up and stretch now. I'm thinking this might be the early signs of flower but we shall see.

Afgooey
Finally starting to get a bit taller. This one in particular is the shortest of the 4. She's so compact in both height and width but I'm not surprised since this one is supposed to be pretty much 100% indica. Looking good though. I can't wait to see how her flowers form
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
Really starting to fill out. This one is 2nd to last on height. Thinner leaves and more distance between nodes than the Afgoeey. Just a bit taller than her but much wider/bushier.
picture.php

Farm Cheese
Ya.... This one is crazy. She's almost 6ft tall! Far larger than any of the others. She's filled out a bit. Not super bushy but not a bean pole either.
picture.php

Outlaw
The growth on this baby has increased for sure. I started to give them much deeper waterings and I think that has contributed to a nice boost in growth not to mention it's been hot so their metabolisms are moving fast. Beautiful bushy structure, but just a bit taller and more lanky than the Blueberry Bubblegum #2. She'll reach the to of the cage soon and be the 2nd plant to do so. Farm Cheese did it long ago hahahaha.
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
lookin good dude!

the outlaw really has come along nicely

That cheese is KILLING it

They are loving your soil!

Thank you everyone! I'm super happy with how things are going so far.

------------------------------------------------

Picked up some Bumper Crop for a mulch. The plants have been using a fair amount of water. I'm sure a good amount of it is just evaporating off of the beds as well. I have a few extra inches of space in each bed. I guess you could say this is my little mid grow "boost" haha. Love this stuff.
picture.php
picture.php

Picked up a timer as well.
picture.php

I also got this very nice soaker hose system! I love how simple it is.
picture.php

It comes with some fittings and has a good level of customization. I'll be putting this together quite soon.
picture.php

Last edited:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Looking awesome man! I'm still really digging that Afgooey. That Bumper Crop looks like awesome stuff, never seen it before though.

LungCooking

Thank you everyone! I'm super happy with how things are going so far.

------------------------------------------------

Picked up some Bumper Crop for a mulch. The plants have been using a fair amount of water. I'm sure a good amount of it is just evaporating off of the beds as well. I have a few extra inches of space in each bed. I guess you could say this is my little mid grow "boost" haha. Love this stuff.

hahaha, if they were loving, now even more! haha

cant go wrong with those ingredients ;)

My base soil ingredients are almost same, i love mixing chicken manure with worm castings! I heard Aragonite instead of Oyster shells, is very nice, i wanna try on my next run!

Im getting close to harvest my babies, this last week i got humidity of 95% and 2 weeks left to cut them :covereyes:

strong fruity smell with notes of nuts and pine

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

djimb

Veteran
I used to swear by bumper crop when I lived on the west coast. It's super rich, so we always recommended it for a top dressing or a supplement for planting beds. If you go heavy handed with it, it'll burn a lot of bedding plants, but heavy feeders like tomatoes love it. We'd always make a display in front of a pallet full by cutting open a bag and planting a tomato directly in it.

It's probably too hot for the landraces I've got going now, but it looks like your hybrids are loving it!

Keep it up! I bet they'll explode when they really start flowering.

justiceman

Veteran
hahaha, if they were loving, now even more! haha

cant go wrong with those ingredients

My base soil ingredients are almost same, i love mixing chicken manure with worm castings! I heard Aragonite instead of Oyster shells, is very nice, i wanna try on my next run!

Im getting close to harvest my babies, this last week i got humidity of 95% and 2 weeks left to cut them :covereyes:

strong fruity smell with notes of nuts and pine

View Image

View Image

View Image
Oh man I am loving those colors! Looking very solid.

I used to swear by bumper crop when I lived on the west coast. It's super rich, so we always recommended it for a top dressing or a supplement for planting beds. If you go heavy handed with it, it'll burn a lot of bedding plants, but heavy feeders like tomatoes love it. We'd always make a display in front of a pallet full by cutting open a bag and planting a tomato directly in it.

It's probably too hot for the landraces I've got going now, but it looks like your hybrids are loving it!

Keep it up! I bet they'll explode when they really start flowering.
Right on! Ya bumper crop is some pretty strong stuff. I love using it. I mainly wanted to use it as a mulch this time but also to provide a kind of boost as well. I just laid it down yesterday so here's to hoping I didn't over do it considering the decent amount of food in my bed already. :laughing: Should be OK though. These ladies are pretty strong.

justiceman

Veteran
Put down the mulch, installed the soaker hose and the timer finally. I’ll be gone for a for part of the week on a mini vacation so I wanted to make sure to put this stuff in before then. So far everything is coming along quite well. Hoping the bumper crop mulch will pick up any loose ends on the nutrition department and provide some more microbial diversity.

Afgooey
She finally made it past the 2nd ring. This girl is so slow hahaha, but I'm really looking forward to seeing her flowers. I'm hoping it's totally worth the slow growth characteristics.
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
The width of this one is exceeding the bed width which is pretty cool. Very bushy structure. Definitely like how this one grows. It's top is not as dominant as other strains.
picture.php

Farm Cheese
This one is uh..... quite large. To be honest I did not envision this kind of height being attained considering the time I decided to place them outside. I actually planned on slightly smaller plants but oh well lol. Glad I didn't top this one so we can see how crazy she is.
picture.php

Outlaw
This one is pretty much the ideal height I had envisioned that all the plants would be at. Just somewhere a bit over the 3rd ring like this one. I'm very excited to see the flower onset. I know they are starting to gear up for it!
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
outlaw and farm cheese are rocking!
They really are. See what they look like now hahahaha.

-------------------------------------------------

Greetings! I took a few days away from the ladies. Went on a mini vacation and had a blast. The soaker hose on a timer is working very well. I could go away for weeks without issue. Man they sure have exploded and best of all they are finally flowering!

Afgooey
This one has shown the least upward growth of the bunch as you already know, but she is flowering and doing just fine. Very compact.
picture.php

Her top
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
She's a real nice looking girl now. I'm excited to see what her flowers look like in a few weeks. Just made it over the ring finally!
picture.php

Farm Cheese
It's actually hard for me to get good pictures of this plant now because she's so tall. It's ridiculous! I did not know what I signed up for hahaha.
picture.php

Outlaw
This outlaw is no slouch either. She's really filled out and is looking absolutely stunning. I guess having twice as much fertile soil helps a little bit haha.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts