What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medical Cannabis Strain: Harlequin 8%CBD only 6%THC

TheCleanGame

Veteran
:tiphat:

The "All Things Harlequin Cannabis" thread...

My New, Hydro, Bonsai Mum of "Harlequin"
She's been vegging for a bit and has begun getting pruned and trimmed to be a 2'x2' bonsai mum in hydro.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
Harlequin clocks in at 8%CBD and only 6%THC. Though the CBD levels are only slightly higher than the THC levels... the anti-psychotic properties of the CBD are sufficient to counteract the THC and there's no 'high' or 'stone'.

There's a background sort of 'mellow' that deepens as you use more... accompanied by a numbness where your pain used to be.

Tastes a bit like Juicy Fruit to smoke, not unpleasant at all. I noticed significant improvements in my own cognitive abilities, memory, focus, attention span and a whole slew of other benefits. Amazing...

I recently chopped the undergrowth of a harlequin plant because it's headed into flower. Drank a smoothie of the veg material yesterday. WOW! Talk about SPICY!! LOL

Oh... but it sure made my pain go away. All that excruciating pain from working on the car, changing in a new res container, hanging a 60lb scrubber, re-hanging the 6" fan, re-prepping the drip table and moving the plants...
Just faded away for 5-6 hours.
:woohoo:
Looking forward to more of that. lol

I've heard reports that PTSD sufferers can get rid of nightmares and social anxiety (they can actually leave the house and have a life) with only a joints worth a day.

What's getting your life back worth to you?

Do YOU have It? How Are You Using It?

Do you have harlequin? I'm interested in how you're using it, what effects it has on you, what grow style you're using, how she looks, etc...
Let's see some awesome representations of Harlequin out there. :D

Keep it Clean! :D

I am in the process right now of making some RSO/QWET out of 2 ounces of Harlequin bud. I am expecting 6 - 8 grams, but this stuff was pretty frosty, so maybe more. I have issues with the marijuana high and am hoping this Harlequin RSO will allow me to take more without getting uncomfortable. I have a very low tolerance for any and all drugs (including alcohol). I've toked a couple of times on the Harlequin bud before making the oil, and though the high is mild and pleasant, I assure you there is still some high for us low tolerance folk. Another issue is that I bought 2 clones from an unknown source and will have to have this stuff tested before I can call it 'Harlequin' with any confidence. The bud smelled a bit like juicy fruit, but the proof will come from Canalytics360 over in Seattle sometime in the near future. Hope like crazy I've got a 6/8 of THC/CBD, but we'll see.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
You'll definitely be able to medicate with higher amounts than normal...

I'm also predicting you won't actually need as much oil as you're used to either... this stuff is really potent.

Don't know if I would actually classify it as a 'high' as it's nothing like what I've experienced in the last 25 years... ya know? It's really just a 'mellow' feeling. It's more like strong chamomile tea? Not right but along those lines.

Whatever it is, it doesn't get in the way and is not 'inebriating' in any way... so I'm good with it. LOL

relic1981

Veteran
i am really interested in this strain... despite the fact that it dosnt get one high it seems to be perfect for my medical conditions. among the hi cbd strains, would you say harlequin is one of the better ones when it comes to flavor (juicy fruit sound nice), yeild and medicinal effects?

SirSteely

I grew a Harliquin clone from Progressive Options it hermd at day 35 due to being super sensitive to nutes. Pulled it at day 36 It had a sweet taste even immature and was very relaxing. A friend really enjoyed it as a gift. Good luck !

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just harvested 4 Harlequin plants recently. I got the clone from Harborside in Oakland last year.

It has a definite high for me too. I'm guessing the people who don't feel high from it have higher tolerances. My plants give a strong body buzz with a completely clearheaded high that's hard to describe. There's no forgetfulness or "stoner moments" that come with some higher THC strains. I haven't had the need for pain relief lately, but it seems like this would be perfect for pain issues without affecting job performance.

I used all the trim, leaves, and stems to make a big batch of tincture. I have more bud than I can fit in my freezer at the moment, so I'll use maybe a couple ounces of Harlequin bud to make a batch of BHO.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i am really interested in this strain... despite the fact that it dosnt get one high it seems to be perfect for my medical conditions. among the hi cbd strains, would you say harlequin is one of the better ones when it comes to flavor (juicy fruit sound nice), yeild and medicinal effects?

I'd definitely recommend it. The clone I got is a big yielder with beautiful flavorful buds even before they're fully cured. It's the only high CBD strain I've grown, so I can't say for sure if it's better than the others.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Any company selling seeds?
She's supposedly a unique plant out of hundreds (thousands?) of plants that were in a breeding project.

Doubt you'll see seeds that are 'close' anytime soon.

m314 said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I just harvested 4 Harlequin plants recently. I got the clone from Harborside in Oakland last year.

It has a definite high for me too. I'm guessing the people who don't feel high from it have higher tolerances. My plants give a strong body buzz with a completely clearheaded high that's hard to describe. There's no forgetfulness or "stoner moments" that come with some higher THC strains. I haven't had the need for pain relief lately, but it seems like this would be perfect for pain issues without affecting job performance.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

High/Stoned == Inebriated What you're describing is not inebriation. Mood alteration and perception improvements for sure, but no "inebriation" that is associated with being 'high' or 'stoned'.

Make sense?

Anyone else know the finishing time of her? Just chopped one at 72 days and she wasn't quite finished. Super tasty and potent though. :)

[/FONT]

Bodhi works with harlequin. He runs tests for the cbd rich results. Not sure if they're for sale, but they are available aka good medicine

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
She's supposedly a unique plant out of hundreds (thousands?) of plants that were in a breeding project.

Doubt you'll see seeds that are 'close' anytime soon.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

High/Stoned == Inebriated What you're describing is not inebriation. Mood alteration and perception improvements for sure, but no "inebriation" that is associated with being 'high' or 'stoned'.

Make sense?

Anyone else know the finishing time of her? Just chopped one at 72 days and she wasn't quite finished. Super tasty and potent though. :)

[/FONT]

I just meant it has a strong budy buzz if I smoke enough. I stay sober all day for work. I feel a strong "something" if I smoke a bowl of Harlequin when I get home. I don't usually smoke a bowl of anything all at once. It's more like one or two hits every once in a while with other strains. The body buzz I get isn't like a sedating indica feeling at all. It's hard to describe since it produces a different feeling from any other strain I've tried.

I had to harvest mine a little early at 10 weeks. It probably could have gone 12, but I'm getting ready to move and I was running out of time.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think my clone from Harborside is the real thing. I've been growing for 13 years, but I've never had a plant with this type of "high". Body feeling, whatever.

Are there any cheap reliable testing places in the Bay Area? I'd like to get my Harlequin buds and oil tested so I'll know for sure.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
I think my clone from Harborside is the real thing. I've been growing for 13 years, but I've never had a plant with this type of "high". Body feeling, whatever.

Are there any cheap reliable testing places in the Bay Area? I'd like to get my Harlequin buds and oil tested so I'll know for sure.
I've been using cannabis for 25 and I'll say the same thing.

I would have NO problem giving a complete canna-noob (as in ZERO tolerance) several dabs of harlequin oil and have them immediately drive me somewhere. Seriously. :tiphat:

Good luck on the testing. :)

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Any company selling seeds?

There is no way for any inbreeding project to get more than 50% of the seeds to be like this - the cannabinoid type genes are co-dominant and mixed-gene strains segregate to 25% THC dominant, 25% CBD dominant, and 50% in between. DIY - find a traditional hash plant strain and make hash, it should be about the same. Or use the high CBD seedlings - select those that don't get you high - dust with a Haze. If the effects are really so different then you'll have no problem telling the progeny's ratios apart or finding the plant with the perfect mix for you. Or just grind together different amounts of high-CBD and your preferred high-THC material. Of course it's not like getting hit with 20% THC, you can't be knocked down by THC that isn't there.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
ive heard the feeling you get from smoking it is uncomfortable is that true??
The first bowl I smoked relaxed my spinal muscles so much it started hurting like hell for 5 minutes... until my spine suddenly popped into place and a HUGE wave of relief washed over me. Gained some mobility I didn't realize I'd lost. LOL

Other than that, it's all good with harlequin. I would imagine that some people that are truly out of whack would feel pretty bad as their body tries to adjust itself.

In answer to a previous question I overlooked, Harlequin is very sweet tasting and yields pretty well.

I am in the process right now of making some RSO/QWET out of 2 ounces of Harlequin bud. I am expecting 6 - 8 grams, but this stuff was pretty frosty, so maybe more. I have issues with the marijuana high and am hoping this Harlequin RSO will allow me to take more without getting uncomfortable. I have a very low tolerance for any and all drugs (including alcohol). I've toked a couple of times on the Harlequin bud before making the oil, and though the high is mild and pleasant, I assure you there is still some high for us low tolerance folk. Another issue is that I bought 2 clones from an unknown source and will have to have this stuff tested before I can call it 'Harlequin' with any confidence. The bud smelled a bit like juicy fruit, but the proof will come from Canalytics360 over in Seattle sometime in the near future. Hope like crazy I've got a 6/8 of THC/CBD, but we'll see.

What a disappointment! I had my (False) Harlequin oil tested and it tested out at 77% THC and >.01% CBD. I dabbed myself with it before going to bed with the same amount I use of my Kali oil (67% THC/ .35% CBD) and the 'anti' Harlequin oil had me barely able to get out of bed and bouncing off the walls for my nightly piss. About 3 months of my life wasted (not to mention $30 for the 2 clones and $50 for the test), all because of a dishonest clone salesman who worked out of the back of his truck in the middle of a ball field parking lot.

I now have a Harlequin plant flowering, the clone I got from Cloneville in Seattle. I'll know in about a month, and after another test if it's the real thing. While buying the 2 Harlequin clones from Cloneville, I went around the corner to a dispensary and bought a gram of Tora Bora, advertised at 10% CBD and 5% THC. I've been smoking this fairly regularly in the evenings and it's a very mellow high. I am very sensitive to too much THC, and the Tora Bora hasn't once yet gotten me uncomfortable. I'm sold on higher CBD and hope this new Harlequin is the real thing.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Any idea who would have any clones for sale in Colorado?
Harlequin cuts are available for free, all over Colorado.

A lot of us picked it up for free with the intention of never selling it. It's out there... thanks to them.:tiphat:

Be good to yourself

Latest posts

Latest posts