What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R.I.P Jack Herer

Marco Renda

The Hemperor, Jack Herer has Died
Bonnie King Salem-News.com

The global cannabis community mourns the loss of the great Jack Herer.

Jack Herer
The one and only Jack Herer will be missed forever.
(SALEM, Ore.) - The sad news has been confirmed. Jack Herer, author of Emperor Wears No Clothes and renowned around the world for hemp activism, has died at 11:17 a.m. today, in Eugene, Oregon.

Jack Herer suffered a heart attack last September just after speaking on stage at the Portland HempStalk festival. The last seven months have proven to be a huge challenge to the man, with several health issues making his recovery complicated.
Jack Herer's health has been poor lately, this last week there have been reports of the severity, and an outpouring of prayers on his behalf.

"It's shocking news, even after these last seven, trying months," said Paul Stanford, THCF Executive Director.

"Jack Herer has been a good friend and associate of mine for over 30 years. I was there when he had the heart attack at our Hempstalk festival and I know he wouldn’t appreciate the quality of life he's endured these last months. Still he will be greatly missed. I honor his memory."

"No other single person has done more to educate people all across the world about industrial hemp and marijuana as Jack Herer. His book is translated into a dozen different languages, it's a bestseller in Germany," added Stanford.

"The Hempstalk stage will forever be the Jack Herer Memorial stage. And, a Memorial is planned to be built where he fell that day," Stanford said.

"His legacy will continue to inspire and encourage for generations to come."

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
/sob rough news I hope we all see Jack as a martyr and never let his spirit or his fight die until his dream of legal cannabis comes true.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Fuck..... that's really sad. I'm just glad he was able to come home and die where he wanted.

RIP Jack, thank you very, very much

Smiley in mourning

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Damn! I'm truly sorry to hear about Jack's passing.

It was he and George Soros that got Oregon's MMJ law passed 10+ years ago. The organization that they set up, i.e. Voter Power, remains one of the most active groups here.

R.I.P.

CC

Euphrates

I saw a show of his I believe on a public network about cannabis and hemp, really intelligent and all around good guy.

RIP Jack -

IC BUDZ

MY friend Over dosed and died last night, he was only 20 R.I.P stevie and jack herer

Last edited by a moderator:
R.I.P Jack Herer, one of the greats... you will be missed :( thank you for everything you have done to help pave the path for us

nam myoho renge kyo!

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
My condolences to the Family of the legendary Jack, and may Jack rest in Peace.

Jack truly built and added-on tons for the cause of bringing forth the Truth of this marvelous plant.

He will be missed for sure.

much peace!