What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chinese Yunnan/Ace Mix

Folklore

Hello Acers!

Just thought I'd share a couple of pics of my CY and Ace Mix. The pics were taken bout a week ago - week nine of flowering. The Yunnan and the indica-leaning hybrids were chopped today and are now drying. I have a sativa hybrid (Malawi perhaps?) which is going to take 2-3 weeks longer.

This is my first proper attempt at growing and I'm really pleased with these genetics - quality seeds with impressive results - and an excellent female to male ratio. Took a bit of a gamble with the Ace Mix as my growtent is only 1.2 metres high but these ladies loved being strapped down!

If anyone from Ace can help identify the different strains from some of these pictures I'd appreciate it. I stupidly managed to mix up the Yunnan and Mix seeds - Dubi's helped me identify the Yunnan but I'm not sure about the Mix strains.

I'll post some pics soon of the drying buds - they look mighty fine.

Enjoy.

Folklore

Grow tent with the sativa hybrid closest

Lovely calyx formation and frost from this strain (indica hybrid I think). It also has the biggest main cola. I'll definately take cuttings from this one after re-vegging.

The two Yunnans

Yunnan hybrid, perhaps? Has smaller leaves than straight Yunnan.

Sativa hybrid

guineapig

Veteran
Lovely garden and grow reports!!!! :jump: :woohoo:

I think ACE is one of the best.....collecting landraces is so important, given all the great strains around the world that are in danger of disappearing.....their hybrids look amazing as well....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for post them Folklore! :smile:

You are one of the first to post an ace mix finished garden. They look beautiful, we can try to identify them.

Plant 1, the one you are trying to reveg, looks like an african sativa x indica hybrid, probably a malawi x chinese or senegal x chinese hybrid.

3rd Yunnan looks like a pure yunnan to me but it's difficult to guarantee from here.

Last one is definatly a sativa hybrid, malawi or tikal/guatemala hybrid.

Please, let us know how they smoke after a bit of curing. Thanks guineapig for your comments too. It's very apreciated. Best wishes! dubi - ACE Seeds -

Folklore

Thanks Guineapig and Dubi for your comments. Thanks also Dubi for your help identifying these mouth-watering strains.

Smoke reports, pics of drying buds, and, eventually, some Ace Mix hash pics to come.

Laters

Folklore

Folklore

Thanks, Ras Pablo, glad you like the pics.

Here are some of the Mix and the Yunnan drying. The Malawi or Tikal/Guatemala hybrid will be chopped next week as will the lower buds on the Yunnan/Indica Mix's that I left for a couple of weeks to fatten-up.

Looking forward to next week as this is hopefully when I'll be able to make some hash from the trim and post some smoke reports.

Enjoy

Folklore

This is what I've harvested so far. 2 weeks drying in the loft and they're now ready to go into glass jars for curing.

Two Yunnan colas and a close-up.

This is Malawi x Chinese or Senegal x Chinese hybrid.

This is a solitary Miss Mud (freebie from Seedbay). Don't know much about its genetics but I'll look into it!

B

bonecarver_OG

great work as allways DUBI! actually damn fine looking!

well grown Folkklore! looks very tasty!! nice melodica too!

peace all!

Folklore

Thanks supahdupah, dubi, bonecarver_OG and Ras Pablo for your kind words.

Currently enjoying these fine strains and will get round to a smoke report when I am able to lift my pen!! I don't think I've ever been this stoned before.....

Awesome , and thanks once again

Folklore

midwest

Good Job Folklore!!! Thanks for sharing
Especially for a first grow.

I really like how you jumped out of the gate right away with some more eclectic strains.

Latest posts

Latest posts