What's new

Orient Express day 65.

G

Beautifull plants ,well suited to indoors.Smells like rich composted soil and columbian gold.

:joint: :joint: :joint:

G

It's chinese indica and vietnam black.Real vigorous hybrid, vietnam dominant and real "something smelling".I'm a bit tickled with myself for having it around x-mas.I't going to be my New Years Eve spliff.Thanks folks and ACE!!!PEACE!!!! MUCHA LUCHA!!!! :joint: :joint: :joint:

G

MUCHA LUCHA said:
It's chinese indica and vietnam black.Real vigorous hybrid, vietnam dominant and real "something smelling".I'm a bit tickled with myself for having it around x-mas.I't going to be my New Years Eve spliff.Thanks folks and ACE!!!PEACE!!!! MUCHA LUCHA!!!! :joint: :joint: :joint:
Thats crazy, that they are so frosty, wouldn't expect that from two landraces, reminds me how kali mist looks :O

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High all! :wave:

Congrats Mucha lucha for your green hand! :smoke: They look perfectly grown, nicely expressed but not overfeed.

Orient Express is a very hungry plant, she takes advantage of strong feeding, producing huge aromatic colas of good density.

As you described, aroma is like rich composted soil. It remembers me a humid forest full of life and organic aromas. That's VB mother aroma.

Orient Express combines best things from both worlds.

Sativa: Vigour, branching, voluminous colas. Resin production, aromas (kind of terpenes) and effect come from Vietnam Black mother but they are emphasized in a stronger way thanks to hybrid vigour.

Indica: Chinese indica is not dominant for aromas or effect in the hybrid. Chinese mainly brings down flowering time and stretching, improving yield and indoor adaptability.

Orient Express will be back in a few weeks!

G

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks dubi, I'm looking for a higher ceiling and some more OE.The plants have generated considerable interest amongst the growers I know.Last winter I pulled 3lbs from 2 eurogrowers, 2600W sixteen Banghi and some diesel.I'm really a big diesel guy but I always leave 1K for ACE style crosses. :joint: :joint: :joint:

G

slips said:
K+ Nice large buds, it's tw x thai correct?

Your thinking of my cross i did. Trainwreck x Pure Thai male. I can see there is going to be some confusing this spring. Mine was the Oriental Express, from Billygoat seeds and is the cross that everyone here and other boards call's OE. I can see there will be a problem with grower's getting confused.

Very nice plant MUCHA LUCHA. Ace and dubi did a awesome job with that strain. Nice to see more pictures of her. Ace seeds sure does have a nice line up. Great job with the grow and thanks for sharing it with us. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's.
Later,
BG

spicecowboy

CI

CI

pSi007 said:
can anyone give a background on "chinese indica"?

I grew the "Yunnan" Chinese Indica a few years back, outdoors, on my balcony.

And I can tell you that I really fell in love with the nice yield, great bag appeal, and unique spiritual high.

I have a few seeds left, and will definitely give it a try again.

Thank you so much for making this possible, Dubi!

spice

spicecowboy

Pics...

Pics...

I took a few pictures, but they went down with OG.

But: Maybe I got a few left on CD Rom.

Gonna do a little search, maybe I can find them again..

spice

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
MUCHA LUCHA said:
Thanks dubi, I'm looking for a higher ceiling and some more OE.The plants have generated considerable interest amongst the growers I know.Last winter I pulled 3lbs from 2 eurogrowers, 2600W sixteen Banghi and some diesel.I'm really a big diesel guy but I always leave 1K for ACE style crosses. :joint: :joint: :joint:

Very apreciated Mucha Lucha! We are proud that you save space in your garden to grow our genetics! :smile: Thanks!

Please, let us know your opinion after some curing. Best wishes!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
pSi007 said:
can anyone give a background on "chinese indica"?

Chinese indica came from rodwal, then by kernal kozmic (preservation dude, R.I.P.). Genetics came suposedly from chinese inmigrants located in Australia.

I've been working with chinese line for past 5 years, reproducing strain in pure form and playing with several chinese hybrids.

Chinese Yunnan is an indica dominant strain with a hint of South Asian sativa influence. It grows quite compact, robust and columnar when grown for a short vegetative time (indoors). It produces nice bushes with strong branches outdoors.

It reacts early to flower, starting to flower around late July here (37ºN) and finishing end of September (aboout 8-9.5 weeks of flowering time). Yields are usually quite high for a pure indica. Flowers are voluminous and somewhat fluffy and leafy (one pheno produces denser classic indica flowers)with good resin production.

Plants grow like indica dominant plants but there's some sativa influence in the flowering traits, aromas and effect.

Aromas are dense sweet, creamy, floral (indica pheno) while most sativa expression taste spicy and incensey (even hazey).

Effect could be quite happy and clear (quite sativa indeed) at beginning, becoming more relaxed and pleasant later. A nice combo of indica and sativa effects. Not all plants are equally powerful, you need to grow a few to find most powerful ones .... but there are very interesting expressions in the population. One of our chinese mothers (mother 6) grows and flowers like an indica but burns (aroma, taste) almost like a haze hybrid, very incensey.

I produced several chinese F1 hybrids 4 years ago: Vietnam black x china, vietnam dalat x china, thai x china, nepal x china, taskenti x china .... VB x China was the most interesting, it was called Orient Express, and it was the one i decided to distribute through ACE Seeds collective.

Im working to stabilize China Haze hybrid, a very interesting indica sized line with strong dense psychedelic high and exotic creamy incensey aromas.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
spicecowboy said:
I finally found two pictures of the Chinese Yunnan Indica.

Thank´s again to Dubi!

One Love,

spice

Hello spice cowboy! :smile:

Im glad you enjoyed chinese indica! Thanks for share pics.

Happy growing! dubi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here are a few chinese pics i've found

Chinese mother 6 topped, starting to flower outdoors

China 6 leaf detail:

Chinese mother 1 untopped, starting to flower outdoors:

Chinese from seed

resin detail:

G

Hey Dubi!!!

Hey Dubi!!!

Yup we love the OE out here on the right coast.When I wake up at about 1am everynight(insomniac) I smoke some with some cognac and in an hour I'm out.Very powerfull herb not reccomended for anxiety prone folks.The smell taste and high are all one could ask for.I've got my backhoe in the backyard working to increase my ceiling as I speak.My neighbors don't know what the hell I'm doing but I live in a real liberal state so not many worries.One OE is still going strong at eighty + days and still banking on the wieght.It's this one and I bet it'll go 100 days.Time does not concern me.Everyone I smoke the OE with thinks I'm pulling some lies about some mexican bagseed I've got until they smoke....Next summer I'll have 12' ceilings!!

PEACE!!!MUCHA LUCHA!!! :joint: :joint: :joint: