What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Haze or Nep Jam under 300W?

I

Iron_Lion

I've been looking at both of these strains and was wondering if they'd do ok in my 300W grow box? How is the odor with these strains? and Would a short veg 1-2 weeks be necessary?

Last edited:
G

I would forget it for the headache of those whomping plants in so tight.I did the banghi under 2K and it was huge and all the catalog said.Now I've got orient express about 2 weeks from finish and believe me they are as advertised but not for small spots.Try it you really can't lose but its a long ride from seed to bud.When you're blasting Floyd with a long spleef of that se asian its a great afternoon in the garden. :joint:

I

Iron_Lion

Even with a 1-2 week veg you think they would grow too large? I can fit about 2 2 gallon pots in my space. It's a total bummer, I cant wait til I can upgrade my space so I can try a longer flowering sativa dom strain.

G

I'd change my location and find a 10' ceiling.That might be paradise.The orient express would be soo fat in a southwestern heated greenhouse nevermind the banghi.....guy has to dream about something.Back to topic though, you might be able to get some real sickly sweet joints but you'll compromise yourself because most of these hybrids are aggressive growers and stretchers with arm's length branches that need light.I may be wrong on this but having some small experience with the above mentioned varieties I had to chime in.PEACE!!!MUCHA LUCHA!!! :joint: :joint:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good day Iron Lion and Mucha Lucha,

Orient Express and Nepalese jam are our 2 strains more suited for indoor growing.

Orient Express and Nepalese Jam generally grow compact with short internodes.

Nepalese Jam would be most compact one with a very short flowering time for a sativa (around 9 weeks).

Orient Express can show a few taller plants (structure more influenced by Vietnam Black) but most of the plants grow quite compact and manageable (chinese dominance). Despite height differences, Orient Express finished product is very uniform between all females, almost like straight VB mother but stronger thanks to hybrid vigour. Yields are very high. Flowering time between 9-10 weeks.

Both strains work very nice under low-medium light intensity.

Bangi Haze needs a little more light intensity and space to grow. She likes to stretch more than Orient Express or Nepalese Jam but she can be grown indoors without problems. Flowering time is around 9-11 weeks indoors.

I hope it helps.

Thanks Mucha lucha for share your experiences, i hope you are enjoying growing Bangi Haze and Orient Express. Please, let us know how they smoke! :rasta: Best wishes!

Last edited:
G

Orient Express

Orient Express

I just took some great pics of my OE.I'll post them up within the hour.Thanks Dubi for the variety, I just have a fetish for banks of 1000k lamps.I grew out the banghi last spring long before I ever had access to a digi cam.All the old joint smokers around here love that banghi.The guy who takes my pics does too, he's gonna abuse my stash.PEACE!!!MUCHA LUCHA!!! :joint: :joint:

I

Iron_Lion

dubi said:
Orient Express and Nepalese Jam generally grow compact with short internodes.

Nepalese Jam would be most compact one with a very short flowering time for a sativa (around 9 weeks).

Hey Dubi, thanks for the reply. It's good to read that the Nep Jam finishes in 9 weeks. I got a little scared away from this strain at first because on Dr Chronic it said it took 12 weeks to ripen. Does the Nep Jam respond well to training techniques such as LST. My cabinet is a small one but still have a solid 120 Watts per square foot so Im hoping for good results. Last but not least, thanks to you too Mucha Lucha for your experienced input.

G

Attitude makes the difference!!

Attitude makes the difference!!

With 120 watts per square foot you could put your mind into it and pull it off.The smoke will be worth any bizzare training tactics, it really will, most especially if you've a flair for the exotic. :joint: :joint: :joint:

I

Iron_Lion

MUCHA LUCHA said:
With 120 watts per square foot you could put your mind into it and pull it off.The smoke will be worth any bizzare training tactics, it really will, most especially if you've a flair for the exotic. :joint: :joint: :joint:

Mucha, I was admiring you OE's, they look great. I was wondering what brand of fertilizer you use, I havent been having the best of luck with my Fox Farm line up lately, it might be time to switch.

G

40% good quality(fafard) topsoil, 40% vermiculite,15% worm castings, bone meal, kelp meal dried blood and some teas of those along the way.I love Foxfarm's Marine quisene (stoned) its the best organic ammendment I know.Truth be told I only do my seedlings in soil for the summers then back to hydro.I'm really a hydro man if there is such a thing.Oh yeah I throw in various amounts of coco!PEACE!!!MUCHA LUCHA!!! :joint: :joint:

I

Iron_Lion

MUCHA LUCHA said:
40% good quality(fafard) topsoil, 40% vermiculite,15% worm castings, bone meal, kelp meal dried blood and some teas of those along the way.I love Foxfarm's Marine quisene (stoned) its the best organic ammendment I know.Truth be told I only do my seedlings in soil for the summers then back to hydro.I'm really a hydro man if there is such a thing.Oh yeah I throw in various amounts of coco!PEACE!!!MUCHA LUCHA!!! :joint: :joint:

I think on my next grow Im going to try to go 100% organic and get away from these chemical ferts, it's a pain in the @ss always watching the salt content of my mixes. I only do a 30 day veg cycle so I think I could get away with adding some worm castings to my fox farm ocean forest soil, then maybe Canna Bio Flores 2.5-2.0-5 + molasses for flowering.

G

Best thing is that every ACE seed I've planted took off so fast that you never questioned if it was growing right.I have big problems with bugs so hydro really is the only option.Outdoor and greenhouses are another great place for big organic grows.I think you'll have great luck.PEACE!!!MUCHA LUCHA!!! :headbange :headbange :headbange