What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Recommend me a good controller for my co2 burner

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Hey guys.

I have a 4k room with a mini split. I'd like to add co2 with a propane burner and I'm not sure what controller to go with.

I was looking at the titan Saturn 6..but I feel that at $450 it may be overkill. My mini split has it's own temp control? Do you plug your mini split into these? I'm getting a dri-eaz 1200 for humidity as my store bought is not keeping it at 45 50..but I'm sitting at 60% and above that at lights off..so I'm looking to remedy this.

Any recommendations would be awesome.

Thanks so much

TpM

nut

Hey guys.

I have a 4k room with a mini split. I'd like to add co2 with a propane burner and I'm not sure what controller to go with.

I was looking at the titan Saturn 6..but I feel that at $450 it may be overkill. My mini split has it's own temp control? Do you plug your mini split into these? I'm getting a dri-eaz 1200 for humidity as my store bought is not keeping it at 45 50..but I'm sitting at 60% and above that at lights off..so I'm looking to remedy this.

Any recommendations would be awesome.

Thanks so much

TpM
Use a segmental timer with a burner they put out tones of Co2. measure LXWXH look at the KWH you Propane gen puts out look at the documentation that come with it should tell you how long to have it running. You could go with a Opticlimate if cash is no problem or Dimlux Maxi Controller work with gens.

for every kg of gas burned 1kg of water is released make sure you get a good dehumidifier you will need to empty a lot.

I used a growth gas gen about 20 years ago cant remember the size now? but that was in the loft 15m x 10m cut the room in half because of the pitch id say 400m cubed? I would let it run 15 minutes per hour medium sized 25kg tank would last 5 weeks, you do not need an expensive thing to control it propane is cheap enough, it wont put out enough Co2 to kill you run it a bit longer than needed its should keep your room high in co2 1400ppm, but you need to know the KWH to time the burn I think 15 mins for my attic was over kill that was the smallest time setting could use worked well for me defo seen the yield go up I was using 4k also.

Last edited: