What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medicinal Effects of Strains

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Some TrainWreck i just scored. Creeper, STRONG stuff.
1211juliet-med.jpg

Ursa Minor

The 'Wreck

The 'Wreck

Great info. I am a med patient Tried TW, imo the Pine Sol flavor sucks. Just nasty. Soooo....is there another strain with similar potency, and better taste for med use? I've grown BC Skunk (great smell and taste, potent but not devastating. Not much for pain tho) Sensi Star (dint like 'er, possible bad cure) Now growing "Mystery Girl" (anon. clone) has some Thai, sweet juicy fruit smell, spicy/leather/wood taste, little tolerance after 3 mos of daily 3-4g. Have beans for C-99, Bogbubble, and Kush x A-dam Flame. Any reco for next grow? Space=4x6x8, veg floro x 160w, flwr 600w hortilux hps. Nutes: Ocean Forest, Peters 10-15-10 for clones, then Dr Earth Organic 4-10-7 for bloom. Leach last 10 days, 2 day blackout prior to harvest. Usually 10-14 oz from large flat scrog. Thanks for any advice! Peace

billk6969

Re: The 'Wreck

Re: The 'Wreck

Ursa Minor said:
Any reco for next grow?

I heard that BOG's Lifesaver is up there for Med. Users. Growing mine now and will let you kow as soon as I have a harvest. Let me know what you think about the Bogglegum. I like the bubblegum strain and would be interested in your report.

Keep smokin,

B

DrJay2001

now at peace
Burmese x Fu*cking Incredible

Burmese x Fu*cking Incredible

Burmese x FI is a Humboldt strain that is all the way Indica. With a 45 days flower time and large yield this is a very desirable strain.

The smell of BFI is of bananas while the taste is smooth and spicy.

I use BFI for pain and spasm and have found it works great! It's a real snoozer strain if you toke too much.

Yours,
Dr. jay

798Humboldt_Burmese-med.jpg

798Humboldt_Burmese2-med.jpg

Deep Chunk Medical report/ Smoke report

Deep Chunk Medical report/ Smoke report

Can anyone shed any light this strain medically speaking?
Any smokre reports yet?
Ive tried having a look about but must admit, im not finding smoke reports...i think im lost haha new place and all.

Any help appreciated,
Leeroy

DrJay2001

now at peace
Good question! We just got a few of Tom Hills Deep Chunk beans. The plant looks terrific but we don't know anything about the medical properties.

I'm reminded of our Kush which is lovely pot and a great buzz but does nothing for my cramps.

Come on Deep Chunk fans.....What's it like?

Yours,
Dr. jay

DrJay2001

now at peace
Indica's

Indica's

Nattynattygurl raises a good point about strains that help with body pain and also with insomnia and anxiety. That would be Indica's. Sensi Star, HOG, and Lifesaver are all excellent. I'd also look at the Indica dominant White Rhino.

Here's a new Indica that I just ran into in the Sierra Nevada western slopes. It's called "Bwanana". I never heard of this strain and know nothing about its heritage. It isn't a "blue" and not fruity at all. It's more like Black Domina which is a prized Indica. In fact, Bwanana may even be stronger than BD.

No, I don't know where to find seeds but clones might be available at some Bay Area clubs.

The Bwanana is a true utter couchlock Indica. To me it isn't fun pot at all but serious go to bed medicine. It feels a bit like getting nailed in the head with a large brick.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

Here's a cured Bwanan bud:
798Bwanana-med.jpg

And here's a close-up showing the "crust" of orange resin:

798Bwanana2-med.jpg

DrJay2001

now at peace
Mmmmmm....has to be from seed? High tolerance? I'd recommend two strains then:

Black Domina
HOG

They will do the trick. I guarantee :)

Yours,
Dr. jay

DrJay2001

now at peace
Super Silver Haze

Super Silver Haze

Now, Nattynattygurrl you can stop reading cause this is about.......
Sativa!

The strain is Super Silver Haze (available as clones in Bay Area dispensaries). It's a pure Haze with some backcross to Northern Lights. It looks, grows, tastes, and feels like a great Sativa should.

These girls are just two weeks in flower and already well over 8' tall and nearly as big around.

798Sierra_SSH-med.JPG

While visiting this garden I was lucky enough to pick up and sample some SSH buds from the last harvest. The taste is smooth and earthy with strong hashy overtones. One of these spectacular girls is actually mine :)

798SSH-med.jpg

How strong is SSH? Very strong. Although very different than Wreck I found SSH every bit as strong and stronger than C-99. This strain is wonderful for appetitite, treating nausea, neuropathic pain, and for visiting far away objects in space :)

798SSH3-med.jpg

Enjoy!

Yours,
Dr. Jay

DrJay2001

now at peace
Yes, neuropathic pain, nausea, and daytime dosing is best with potent Sativa's. I use our own Alibi and now SSH with success. I also would recommend a good C-99, SAGE, or Mother's Finest.

I'm NOT an organic "freak" BUT I find our organic grown pot and that of friends is FAR superior to dro. The dro not only tastes funky but leaves a chemical aftertaste and come down. The dro may be great looking pot but it is NOT a medical product except by necessity.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

Quest4High

Bubblegum, White Rhino and Skunk1

Bubblegum, White Rhino and Skunk1

I hope I am correct in reading that you wanted R/L experiences on different strains...if not, damn I overdosed hehe!

All seeds are Nirvana. All were started from seed, mothers selected and cloned....bonsai mothers still alive after 15 months or so.

1. Bubblegum-in soil it took 58 days average to get the results of snow covered molasses, or old time sugar candy rock style. Cured in a jar but after 30 days or so I could tell no real difference. Good smooth smoke....a very good mood enhancer or antidepressant. A bit heavy eyed if you hit it all day....but good for nausea and the taste is out of this smoker's scope as I never smoked anything soo sweet. Good yields with hydro (DWC) 700HPS and the harvest is ready in 46 days compared to the 58 in soil. East cloner as I have one that took some horrific abuse and I literally threw it out. Days later it stuck up in my compost pile beggin for another chance...obliged!

2. White Rhino--in soil, it went 65 days and I could not see the sugar leaves but only the outline.....covered in crystals,

Huge softball sized heads and with some LST, I got several off each lass.

I crossed a male that was super dank early in his life, short node, big leaf, and good lordie the flower sites full o' pollen with a bubblegum lady and those are now my dolls for life!! If you want more on those,,,,ask! Rhinogum I called it in op overgrow.

Great medicine, hands down the best for nausea and pain. The only bad thing is it will put you out if you hit it hard or let hang on the vine too long....all in all this is real medicine.

3.Skunk 1 I got these as freebies and glad of it albeit I had to crack the shells to help em along....after that hurdle, nothing more. This is a good all around smoke that will baffle your friends but typically won;t do for medicine. A good stable (relatively) strain to use as a cross breeder. Nice yields, strong plant, loves nutes, and tones down my rhino stock to create a daywalker effect!!
Sk1 is also great for ya sex life!

I have heard and read many negative thing about nirvana seeds and to date I cannot say any appear true. I used to smoke an oz per week of street weed, and now an oz lasts much longer....the seeds are part of that equation as I now have some of the best meds and I control them.....retirement is grand!

Quest:wave:

billk6969

Great reports Quest. I had similar issues with the skunk, never got them to pop out of their shells. I also baught some Nirvana Big Bud that never germinated, but that was back when I first started and had no clue what I was doing. Your thread may make me give them another shot as their prices are extremely competitive!

Thanks again for the report,

Keep smokin,

B

DrJay2001

now at peace
Who is this Tom Hill? Who is this masked man? Wow. Great report and one helluva strain. I have some Caljax and Deep Chunk beans from TM and can't wait to pop them. This guy just keeps kicking out killer bud.

Do you know the background of CC? A sativa dominant, potent, with a strong lemon taste almost reminds me of Train Wreck but the buds look different.

All in all it looks terrific.

Yours,
Dr. jay

ps: What symptoms do you think the Cripple Creek might help?

friendlyfriend

Veteran
CC might be the indica panacea many of us have been looking for! I strongly believe it would certainly assist a med user with various symtoms and ailments including; chronic pain, insomnia, paranoia, sex drive and incredibly a dull life! Ever need a pick me upper quality lucid indica look no further. the taste was superb but with this type of smoke a hashier pheno or even Deep Chunks Brazilian Coffee bean flavor is my preference. But CC has that sorbet quality which makes it IMO a leader of the new school!

not too sure on the background of CC but I'll look into it see whats up... :D Rock on with your sweet thread J :wave:

DrJay2001

now at peace
"A sorbet quality"

That's great. Smoked too much Domina? Clear the palate with a toke of Cripple Creek.

"Up on Cripple Creek
She sends me
I don't have to speak
She defends me

A drunkards dream if I ever did see one"

The Band

Yours,
Dr. jay

friendlyfriend

Veteran
Lucky Day for Three of You!

Lucky Day for Three of You!

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=510032&onlyuser=&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

The Above thread turned into a Honey Oil Contest and somehow I won! So did Dr.Jay! Congrats :D Also Bog asked me to appoint a couple other Winnners and IMHO I would like to pick two people that posted here on this thread and on the above referenced thread and they are:

Bartender187
HomeGrownSweets

Congrats to both of you ;) And I think you guys should also thank BOG :)

** In that thread Bog mentions Soma's Red Honey Oil Has been tested at 92% THC **

Latest posts

Latest posts