What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goats' Grows

insomniac_AU

my buddy's press is a 12 ton shop press and a plate kit from canna plates. for hash we're pressing at 70 (158f) and for flower i usually do at 90 (194f).

for hash we use 36 micron bags and for flower 90 micron. make sure to bring pressure down very, very slowly when pressing hash so it has time to melt in the bag and you don't get blowouts.

Thanks mate. I'll have to see if it's possible to get hold of any of that stuff here in Australia. Otherwise I might have to make something. :tiphat:

Goats

had to do maintenance today, which includes changing the reservoir. well, it's cold here right now and the hose is frozen, so i got to lug ~50 gallons of water from the tub inside to the garage for the second week in a row. i usually clean the flood table and reservoir every week in flower, but i couldn't be bothered to go get more water and then sit in the snow scrubbing them both down... next week both get a cleaning for sure. hopefully it warms up here soon and i can use the hose again.

all of the remaining hindu cuts had rooted days ago and got potted today. i have been giving away a lot of clones recently and brought 4 more home with me today for another friend who just finished a run and was looking for more.

here we are 26 days since flip.
picture.php

memberberry.
picture.php

3g pot. pretty thick trunk on this plant.
picture.php

picture.php

already smells like berry/grape candy and skunk. i think i have a skunkberry leaning plant. really hope it keeps it's current smell.
picture.php

Goats

a story to share from a recent encounter i had.

so i grow in a gorilla grow tent and had to warranty the tent after only 3 months because the zipper was losing teeth faster than a meth head. i had to spend $75 sending the broken piece back to them and they sent me a replacement piece. since putting the new piece in we've been extra cautious about being rough with the front zipper knowing they can crap out. well, under 8 months later and the same thing is happening to the replacement piece. i put a warranty claim in with gorilla again and then waited. it said they could take 1-3 business days to respond and i had already waited 10 business days so i submitted a message using the form on the website and didn't hear back after 3 days.

at that point i said fuck it, and posted about my experience on ig so nobody else would have the same experience. i made sure to @ them in the post. an hour after the post goes up and has amassed a bunch of likes and comments of people with similar experiences, my phone rings. i answer and it's the gorilla customer service guys and they want to rush ship me a whole new tent and i won't have to send the broken one back and they're so sorry i had a bad experience.

the tent arrived two days later from cali. while i appreciate their willingness to try and make things right, it sucks that it took me posting on ig to get a response, and i am concerned that the same issue is going to pop up again. we are now deciding whether to use the new tent or sell it and use the money to frame out another wall and just build a room in the space where the tent sat. to be honest, i am leaning towards this option. maybe after this run or the next.

i may also take the one we're using now somewhere to have a real zipper sewn on.

insomniac_AU

Thanks for the heads up Goats. That's fucked up my plans. I was all set to buy one. That's no good at all. I will be replacing an Indoor Elements tent I've been using for 10 years and the zip is only now starting to deteriorate. I was hoping for similar life from what is one of the more expensive tents on the market. What's good if GG isn't?

Nice plants BTW.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
That sucks, Goats. I’ve got a GGT and the zipper on mine has been working fine for just over 2 years now. While I was researching before I bought, I did read some ppl were having trouble with the zippers.

If I were you, I’d probably just do the build out like your leaning towards.

Goats

Thanks for the heads up Goats. That's fucked up my plans. I was all set to buy one. That's no good at all. I will be replacing an Indoor Elements tent I've been using for 10 years and the zip is only now starting to deteriorate. I was hoping for similar life from what is one of the more expensive tents on the market. What's good if GG isn't?

Nice plants BTW.

Vanilla Phoenix said:
That sucks, Goats. I’ve got a GGT and the zipper on mine has been working fine for just over 2 years now. While I was researching before I bought, I did read some ppl were having trouble with the zippers.

If I were you, I’d probably just do the build out like your leaning towards.

cheers guys. the customer service guy said that it is a really small percentage of buyers who experience issues with the zippers. he also claimed i am the first person to ever warranty their tent twice for that issue.

i have no clue if the guy was telling the truth or just doing damage control. i know people have used their tents for years without issues, but i've also seen complaints from others.

VP, i will likely just build out the room. the only negative to doing it we've come up with so far was having to actually do the work haha. it would gain us a bit of room in each direction.

I've had mine for 2 years. The bottom of the zipper Is a little rough, but it still functions. Honestly I love my 5x9 ggt. I would love to build a room, but that would get me in trouble :biggrin:

That aside that memberry is a beast! That plant alone looks like an easy 8 to 10 oz...

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I used one of the sunhut 8x4x7 tents for years. I liked it and didn't have any off gassing issues. Only had thing was the room partion sucked . I tried to use it as a veg/ flower tent in winter in a garage but it wasn't light tight.

Goats

memberberry day 39. the flowers on this plant closely resemble the rotten lemons lvtk plant i grew last round. makes sense i guess, they're both skunk plants. this one smells of grape candy. incredibly sweet.
picture.php

hindu
picture.php

i was gifted a couple of gg4 clones recently. they were taken in flower and just starting to throw normal growth when i got them. after a couple of weeks and a transplant they're doing fine. i should be taking clones from this one in about a week. excited to finally grow it. thanks to the donor! i am going to be running at least one gg4 next round.
picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Looking good. That memberberry is a sparkly bitch. Sounds like she smells nice too. Looking forward to seeing her fill out.

Goats

Good score on the gg4. Ever ran it before?? Your gonna want to fill that tray up with them lol

i have never run her before! i have been trying to get a clone for years now, but where i'm at there aren't many people who have it and there are even less of those who will part with it.
i grew a few over the years that were handed to me or sold to me as gg4, but they were bullshit.

Bmac1

Veteran
Haha sturgeon. He has been well warned about the support needed for the gg4. I told him that when he thinks there is enough support, support it some more lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts