What's new

small (2x6 max) grow tent

L

larry badiner

I have about 2lbs of sour apple that's my personal stash, but I want to put out atleast a lb every 2 months, whats the smallest, economical, safest way to do this? low cost fans, led lights, nutrients, im planning on using a flood and drain table, but thats down the road

i want to have a max of 2 mother plants and i dont mind doing sea of green.. strain suggestions would be nice too, im thinking c99 or papaya

insomniac_AU

Hi Larry

I achieve about a pound every 2 months with a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0m tent I think that's about 4 x 4 x 6'7.
I have 1 600HPS and a veg chamber with 2 80W CFLs.
I have a thread in the grow diaries section if you want to see.

I do this with 4 flowering plants but you could grow less strain dependent and achieve the same result.

Bobby Boucher

I get ~ 2 lb every 9 weeks with 2 flowering plants and 1x600w hps.

Utilizing unistrut trolleys and unistrut trolley brackets, I am able to move my strut from one tent to another, which allows me to roll my 600w cooltube between tents every 12 hours while still being able to completely close the vent ports up on the "night tent" to prevent any light leaks..

It sounds a hell of a lot more labor intensive than it is. Takes me all of 5 minutes to do my entire grow routine, twice a day. Could also just buy a flippy-flopper controller.. but I personally enjoy the peace of mind of knowing 100% that I don't have any telltale electrical spikes, and since there isn't a single timer in my room, I don't have to worry about one failing, or melting.

I also keep 2 plants vegging in a tiny little 18"x32" tent under 4 x 2' t5's for ~4 weeks, and then move them into a 2x4 tent under one of ichabod's 2x4 led fixtures for the rest of their veg cycle, which I'll also use for drying..

350 for tents, 200 in fans, 250 for light fixture including the cooltube, trolleys, brackets etc, 100 in buckets, airpumps, media, nutes and whatnot... 200 for inkbird controllers.. 100 screens and other miscellaneous bs.. ~$1.5k

Cheap. I've got >$5k of lighting controllers, co2 controllers, burners, ballasts, water chillers etc sitting in the graveyard collecting dust. This janky little set up is plenty for me.

Having separate veg, flower, and dry tents running simultaneously really helps a ton. As does multiple layers of trellising..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 11.01.46 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 11.01.46 AM.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: