What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

smell?

Trip1997

Hi, according you the carbon filter in a grow of 60 for 60 for 160 can remove smell of two regular plants?
In addition i have read if the humidity of the room is include in a range of 35-60 % the filter remove at the 100 % the smell. It' s really? thanks for the future answer, this is my first experience idoor.

NEED 4 SEED

Carbon filters are made exactly for that purpose. They eliminate all the weed smell. The size of the filter depends on the fan capacity which depends on the room size. I reckon you are talking about a tent of 60 cm x 60 cm x 160cm. I am using nearly the same size for my winter grows and i have a fan with an output of 125 cubic meters per hour. The filter has to have a capacity a bit higher than that, i.e. for instance 150 cubic meters per hour, to make sure it can handle the fans output.

L

larry badiner

ive been running my grow without a carbon scrubber for a few months, my grow room smells like weed but outside its fine

L

larry badiner

be careful maybes your nose get used to smell :) outside maybe different i had similiar problem i couldnt smell a thing but my other half says it was stinking just a bit of advice would not like to see any thing go wrong

thanks!

Trip1997

Thanks to everyone for the answer. I have another questions for you: Noise of all components of growbox is considerable? I know of existence of big tube that remove the sound, is it really efficient?

L

larry badiner

Thanks to everyone for the answer. I have another questions for you: Noise of all components of growbox is considerable? I know of existence of big tube that remove the sound, is it really efficient?

I run a 2x4 grow tent with two 300w led lights.. each one is equal to about a 150w hps and both are as cool as a 125w fluroscent.. I cool it using a 30$ 6'' duct fan attached to a scrubber.. I also have an ac in my room however, but it usually keeps +4-5% from room temp.. i can barely hear the duct fan

each one is about 60$, I got two delivered overnight from amazon prime for about 130$ total

Trip1997

Thank you, I have a final question: I buy a just carbon filter, gel, a neutralizer and varing spray, according you smell can make problems? Smell can cross the wall? Very thanks for the answer.

L

larry badiner

Thank you, I have a final question: I buy a just carbon filter, gel, a neutralizer and varing spray, according you smell can make problems? Smell can cross the wall? Very thanks for the answer.

id get just a carbon scrubber, i havent tried the gel or spray, but i read those things dont work.

if you have a small grow i would get a 4 inch duct fan and 4'' carbon scrubber, just make sure you buy ducting. if your growing really smelly plants i would get a carbon scrubber that fits 6'' ducting

if your grow smells, you can get robbed or maybe imprisoned, or sometimes even worse things, and marijuana odor wont pass through walls

Latest posts

Latest posts