What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

roofwayne

I tell what they are; pic 1 is a purple kush and a violater og 60 days from seed; pic 2 is 2 cinderella's 73 days from seed; pic3 are a trainwreck and gods gift 53 days; pic 4 are 5 yet unknown 38 days from seed; pic 5 are 2 mellon kush and a GDP 18 days from seed; pic6 is a mellon kush with 10 days veg and 70 days in 12/12 as are the next 2; pic7 is a jack widow pic 8 is a mystery bag seed that was super cropped. that all for now...rw https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=235719 my grow

roofwayne

Mellon Kush chop

Mellon Kush chop

Here's a Mellon Kush, got the ax this morning. This one I veg. 10 day for experiment. Didn't think it added much if anything. *4 days in 12/12. Probably 1 1/2 dry, if I am lucky.lol:biggrin:...rw

Rolldaddy

This style is interesting. My buddy explained this method to me a few months ago and this is how he's been doing it for a while in soil under 600 watters

T

The Sensi Rebel

This method seems to require the grower to produce one's own seed stock. Can the folks who do produce their own seeds:

1. Give a short description of your methods to efficiently and reliably replenish your seed stock; and

2. Give us an idea of how long you've been making crosses, and how you've managed to avoid the ravages of genetic drift?

I'd really appreciate hearing some info on what seems to me an unavoidable part of the 12/12 from seed process.

I agree, some old heads can hopefullly answer this for me too. Maybe force-hermie a girl, then put her back in for a harvest?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I have another 12-12 seed grow atm. only 5-6 plants and the oldest 2 r female and these 2 were dank seeds given to me from a friend to try. they r all in beer cups.
wish me luck on getting close to an oz on each plant. :) Ill get pix eather tonight or tomorrow.

gtgio

I agree, some old heads can hopefullly answer this for me too. Maybe force-hermie a girl, then put her back in for a harvest?

take a cutting off each plant while theyre still in the 'vegetative' stage even under 12/12 lighting, root it and flip it back in as soon as you harvest. :woohoo:

T

The Sensi Rebel

Thanks Gtgio for answering my question! Much appreciated!

and another question, my cab is I have a 23.75"W x 14.5"D x 59.5"H, and a 400w HPS in the middle. I have 3 tier mini-shelves on it, hanging vertcally, so it has around 10" to grow sideways towards the light..

my question is, will it grow towards the sweet spot or will i have to do some LST to maybe keep it from hitting the bulb?

i'm using a mainly indica-dom. i'm ready for whatever, but I also wouldnt mind designing a cab dedicated to vert sogs...not sure how i'd do that though..

thanks, and hopefully another great response returns

gtgio

Thanks Gtgio for answering my question! Much appreciated!

and another question, my cab is I have a 23.75"W x 14.5"D x 59.5"H, and a 400w HPS in the middle. I have 3 tier mini-shelves on it, hanging vertcally, so it has around 10" to grow sideways towards the light..

my question is, will it grow towards the sweet spot or will i have to do some LST to maybe keep it from hitting the bulb?

i'm using a mainly indica-dom. i'm ready for whatever, but I also wouldnt mind designing a cab dedicated to vert sogs...not sure how i'd do that though..

thanks, and hopefully another great response returns

10" of space should be fine I think. My last cab was not very big at all and I had a 400w. As long as you keep it well ventilated you'll be all good. They will try to grow towards the light so what I've seen lots of people do in tiny spaces is to have netting on the back of the cab to train it to, and also wrap the bulb in a bit of chicken wire to make sure they don't burn while unattended

gtgio

I'm germing 4 packs of seeds right now, probably going to throw em into 12/12 pretty early.

The line up is
connoisseur Secret Recipe (Chemmy goodness)
connoisseur Chemmy Jones (Got a freeby ten pack..more goodness)
manadala's Ganesh (sativa that apparently grows like an indica)
Gage Green's Bright Moments (Grape Stomper x Stomper OG)
plus weird single seed freebies...Dinafem Cheese among others, I forget.

SO STOKED! :woohoo::woohoo:

T

The Sensi Rebel

Chicken wire...you're a genius haha. Guys like you is why I switched from GC to ICmag, its a no-brainer idea, but I never would have thought about that! I wish I could +1 ya!

Another question, I am using Canna Coco A&B, in coco, should I just feed 1/2 nutes until I see flowers? not sure how this whole 12/12 will work with the schedule

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
By that, dave, I'm guessing you are commenting on the lack of attention in this thread.

I agree with that. This thread should be a sticky, so that it remains on the front page of the forum and doesn't get lost in nether regions of IC Mag.

This thread is about a way of growing that all the noobs should be aware of, and if it fits their particular growing needs, they'll be able to reference this thread for help and advice.

When it slides down down down into page 3 or farther back, many noobs won't know its here, and may not hear about this way of growing.

Desert Dan

Veteran
By that, dave, I'm guessing you are commenting on the lack of attention in this thread.

I agree with that. This thread should be a sticky, so that it remains on the front page of the forum and doesn't get lost in nether regions of IC Mag.

This thread is about a way of growing that all the noobs should be aware of, and if it fits their particular growing needs, they'll be able to reference this thread for help and advice.

When it slides down down down into page 3 or farther back, many noobs won't know its here, and may not hear about this way of growing.

Thats why im bumping it now! :thank you:

DD

Hey guys im not growing from seed but im going 12/12 (actually 10/14 because i like it better) from the time my clones take root. I jus transfer them directly into pre made Coco beds. This will be my first run with it. Any advice?

I am currently planning to keep 16 under each 1000w XXXL hood

treo

I did some 12/12 from seed here some pics, the strain is tombstone, it's from a local breeder friend of mine. mendo purp x tucson haze

Painfull

I am interested in growers that have done 12/12 from seed with haze strains. I know a lot of breeders recommend doing this because of the long flowering time. It would be good to have a report on them.

:respect:
Pain