What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afghan Kush (White Label) Smoke Report by exploziv

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Afghan Kush (White Label) Smoke Report

This year harvest came with some new strains in my stash.. so I decided to make another smoke report. I hope this will be appreciated at least as much as the other ones were. :woohoo:

STANDARD SMOKE REPORT V1.0 (from Treating Yourself Magazine)

=================================================
IDENTIFICATION
=================================================

# Details:
Date: 18/10/2009
Strain: Afghan Kush
Judge: exploziv_gbb
Breeder: White Label (Sensi)
Grower: exploziv_gbb, grown outdoors

Clear [35] Cloudy [45] Amber [15] Dark [ 5] (%)

# (Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.)

Brown [1] Green [4] Gold [1] Blue [ ] Grey [ ] White [1] Red [ ] Rust [2] Orange [2] Purple [ ] Black [ ]

# Bud density: [8/9] (Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.)

# (Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.)

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [3] Licorice [ ] Peach [1] Berry [ ] Floral [2] Mango [1] Pepper [1] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [1] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [1]
Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [2] Mint [ ] Rotten [1] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [1] Citrus [1] Iron/Rust [1] Musk [ ] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [1] Vanilla [ ]

# Aroma: [8] (Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.)

# Seed content: [0] (Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.)

# Weeks cured: [2] (If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured. If desired repeat SSR after an additional two weeks of curing.)

# Physical examination comments: Small/medium, very compact nugs, medium trichome coverage.

# Smell: Frutty/Floral, with a little earthy/rotten/menthol scent.

==================================================
THE SMOKE TEST
(Address these questions while smoking.)

# (Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows:)

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc) [ ]
Vaporizer (enter the brand name) []
Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass) [ ]
Joint (enter brand of papers) [Smoking Master paper, slim & backrolled]
Other (specify):

# (Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.)

Ammonia [1] Earthy [3] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [2] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [1] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ] Cherry [1] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [1] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [1] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [X] Musk [ ] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

(If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark
with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.)

# Taste: [7.5] (Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.)

# State of dryness: [4.5] (Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.)

# Smoke ability: [8] (Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.)

# Smoke expansion: [6] (Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.)

# Smoke test comments:

Taste: Great smoke, taste is great. A nice combo of earthy and floral taste with a little rust aftertaste.

Effect: For a indica strain, this is just unbelievable. At first, you feel like some hot air surrounds you coming from above. Then you are very relaxed and very happy. After a quater of the joint you feel like you could stay and chill or discuss something with your friends for the rest of your life, you are so relaxed and you have no worries at all. If you smoke more then the whole discussion becomes a laugh. Doesn't put me to sleep, but it relaxes me a lot. Then the sleep is one of the most peacefull sleeps I've had. This isn't a couchlock strain as I was expecting from a 100% indica strain.

FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS

(Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.)

# Dosage: [0.70 gr. pure bud/ was ok after a quater, and way too much to continue after half joint] (Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.)

# Effect onset: [4.5] (Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.)

# Sativa influence: [3] (Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.)

# Indica influence: [7] (Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.)

# Potency [8] (Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.)

# Duration [2h] (Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.)

# Tolerance build up [3.5] (Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.)

# Usability: (Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day. Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.)

Morning - wake up [5] Day - work [3] Evening - relax [8] Night - sleep [8]

# Overall satisfaction: [7.5] (Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.)

# Ability and conditions [8] (Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high. Consider experience, strain familiarity, atmosphere, current tolerance and most importantly the condition and preparation of the sample.)

# Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use. [Yes]

# What effect did the strain have:
(Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take care to use the appropriate column for your response. Delete the existing space when recording your entry to maintain the columns in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should not be construed as medical advice.)

(Check [P] off if the you got a POSITIVE EFFECT and check [N] if you had a NEGATIVE EFFECT)

[8] [N] Ability to rest or sit still
[P] [N] Anxiety relief
[2] [N] Appetite
[P] [3] Audio perception
[5] [N] Humor perception
[4] [N] Imagination/creativity
[5] [N] Paranoia relief
[P] [N] Sex drive
[4] [N] Sleep
[2] [N] Pain relief
[P] [3] Speech process
[P] [N] Taste perception
[2] [N] Thought process
[P] [N] Visual perception

Final comments: Great smoke for a quiet evening at home or for a chill discussion with some friends. Really nice for a 100% indica strain. Quite easy to grow outdoors.

Now some extra pictures:

As always, this thread remains open for comments and questions..
Good luck everybody!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Me too! I really enjoyed GHS's Bubba Kush during my last visit to A'dam. I think I'll get some beans. :D

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hey idoreallytry & supadupa! :wave: Thanks!

:joint: just smoking some afghan kush over here..

Herbasaurus

ICMag Donor
Good report. Sounds like a great strain.

How big did it get outdoors? Bushy? How did it handle 100 degree heat? 110 degrees if it got that hot?

Outdoor finish date? what latitude?

Thank You

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thanks! :wave:

Height outdoors: 1.5-2 meters, very bushy because I transplanted them out after 4 or 5 toppings and made some lst one month after transplant.
This years summer wasn't as hot as others, but we had over 40 degree C (100 degree F) on some days and they were ok.
Finished 10-15 oct. 2009 @ 45' N

Later edit: No, it isn't Master Kush.