What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very quick, quick dry method

Throwgar

I wouldn't trust a microwave with my nugs. I've done a lot of expeimentation with quick drying as a way to test the high. I've found that a toaster oven will work wonders in this department. The thing with the microwave is that you have no idea what the temparature of the trichomes will be. Anything above 300 will start to vaporize it, and we all know that microwaves have a freakish ability to make part of your food about 1000 degrees, while parts will stay cold.

I use my toaster oven on convection heat, at 225f, for between 20 min and 40 min depending on the bud density and size. If I'm not in a hurry, I'll always use my food dehydrator overnight at the highest setting.

Nubie Biatch

The Lazy Quick Dry Method

The Lazy Quick Dry Method

Just gonna throw in my two cents since I haven't seen anyone else mention this particular quick dry method.
Forgive me if I don't make sense....I'm feeling pretty good. :smoker:

1) At Home Depot in the paint department they have a heat gun that costs $29.99. This gun only has a high and a low setting, nothing fancy.

2) Take a 2ft section of aluminum foil and fold it in half. Then make a pouch out of the foil by folding the 2 sides a few times.

3) Drop in some small nuggs, popcorn, whatever....

4) Secure the foil bag so that it won't blow away.

5) Hold the heat gun about 4-5 inches from the foil bag opening and turn the gun on LOW.

Note: High setting for this gun heats it to aprox 1000 degrees F.
Only use the Low setting and don't put the gun too close to the pouch!

6) Check to see if the bud is dry every minute or so by turning the gun off and feeling the bud.

7) Within several minutes you will have dry smokable bud. :canabis:

Note: Be careful not to put the heat gun too close to the foil pouch because it could blow little bud hairs out of the bag.

This method only requires a piece of foil and a heat gun. Nice and simple!

I'm lazy so I just wedge the bag between some cups and then I lay the gun on the counter beside it so that I won't even have to hold the gun while it's drying.

I have been using this method for a while with great success. Despite the fact that I lurk all the time, I have not seen anyone mention this quick dry method.
Hope someone out there can use this. :joint:

i tried the whole steam dry thing .. but instead used to glass cups ...

i layed half a papertowel ontop and then my weed. and then half a wet paper towel down ontop then set the cup down inside the other cup nuked for 1:00 and on 40%

the bud didnt have much taste to it kind of an airy taste but when i could taste the bud it was generous... Its taken me like 10 minutes to write this post...so u can imagine the dankness of these buds.

DRYING METHOD : aprooved

xsrty2

I do the whole steam dry thing too, but just to start. Usually I do 1-2 minutes at 40% power in the tupperware/paper towels/water setup. Then I take the bud out and put it on top of (not in) my toaster oven (not the same as a regular toaster but that might be worth trying with a screen or something). The oven goes on the lowest setting.

Normally when I put the bud straight onto the toaster oven from the plant it takes forever to dry. After a quick nuking though it's all shriveled up and dry in 10 minutes. And you get to avoid the microwave, which I try to do since once I read something about trichs bursting or something? I dunno.

Last edited:
G

micowaving destroys trichomes and ruins the bud ,,

put bud on top of light reflector turn regular and 1-2 hours later buds bone dry ,,taste gets impaired slightly bud trichs remain intact

EZlistener

quick dry methods are fine for a quick smoke, we all know not to dry our whole harvest this way as the smell and taste are not even close
when i have a harvest drying there is no way i'm gonna go out and buy some bud on the street if all i have to do is zap it in the micro in 10 sec bursts to make it smokeable
all the bud i've dried micro method has certainly been potent enough to get high and usually gives a good indication on final potency
i've not used steam method in micro but will be trying it in about 2 week

in the mean time

rebel.

for a quick dry method i still prefer the stove myself, just get a cookie sheet a couple small buds. heat the oven up to 175-200 bud will be dry and smokeable in about 20mins

Kripi

Nice of you to try and you are learning and we comend you for this but the plants arent really worth traveling with,get some nice 600w lights with dig ballasts and some good seeds and try in your new town.!!

AlaskaGrows

hey great idea! i clipped a tester nug of my berry today and used the steam method took about 4-5 one minute sessions. i was suprised how good it was.

G

this works the bomb i never woulda believed it i had to try it out gettin stoned as we type;) :joint:

my friend and I have tried this too.

Great for those in dry times or who want to sample the high,
would not do it with the whole crop, but a taster nug or two never hurts.

mtnxbiker

This works surprisingly well! I picked two tiny buds, let one dry on my computer for 2 days, the other I microwaved using this method, and I could hardly tell any difference.
Of course, I will only do this on the occasion that I want to take a small sample.

PHANTOM

OK I DID IT!!!!!

OK I DID IT!!!!!

I took a few of the lower buds, four to be precise.

I followed this procedure and came away with three good joints worth of dry weed:canabis:

The high is very hyper and alert, not couch locked at all (thats what the other ones for) the only advice I can give when using this method (and you should do it for a tester) is don`t do it for too long all at once, It makes it crispy and dry, it`s better to do many small bursts than one or two long ones. The longer method allows you to control the moistness of the bud.

PEACE.

PHANTOM.

C

crownedsparrow

Tried it. Loved it. I love how the last 20 posts have come with the "I wount use it for the whole crop but.."
well.. I wouldn't either.

waydee

I quick dry in the oven, 75 degrees celcius for about 1hr-1hr 20mins is usually enough for small buds.

Latest posts

Latest posts