What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will it EVER go back into Veg ?

St. Phatty

attachment.php

I've got a clone from a favorite plant, that's just been sitting there under the light for 3+ months.

Green - as if it was alive - but not sending out shoots.

I'm thinking MAYBE, it is as it looks - a healthy rooted leaf, but no internodes.

Anyway, I guess I have my answer.

Hate to kill it but will move her to the side.

Have you ever had a plant like this that "woke up" after a 3 month sleep as "just a leaf" - and started growing stems with internodes ?

Attachments

• IMG_20201024_071054-will-it-grow.jpg
    IMG_20201024_071054-will-it-grow.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20201024_071044-veg.jpg
    IMG_20201024_071044-veg.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 30

troutman

Seed Whore
It should have a deeper container so roots can take off. :tiphat:

Clones do better if you put 2 internodes in the grow medium. Not sure if yours will make it.

St. Phatty

It should have a deeper container so roots can take off. :tiphat:

Clones do better if you put 2 internodes in the grow medium. Not sure if yours will make it.

There's a second smaller leaf lower down, so there was a growing tip in there somewhere.

Will transplant her and wash off whatever is left of the growing tip or tips.

Thanks for the replies !

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Check the roots are healthy, it should be doing something by now, even if that thing is dying.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
one thing to avoid in the future, don't leave a big gap like that in the top of the pot - it can mean damp, stagnant air around the stem of the plant which can cause rot or fungus.

Always fill the pot with growing medium up to half an inch or so from the top.

VG