What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TS1000 daisy chained ;)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Combination of both. They are small due to light compost and tiny pots, that restricts growth, but the bns are very wide leaved and branchy, so they always look as wide or wider than tall. Stick that combo under a decent light, and hey presto! I don't want to waste compost and space on males when as I need are their DNA. I do want to maximise the space I give to the girls. So as I see pistols, the big pots will come out, and lighting hours extend a little to make the most of that spurt period.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oh, why did you drop the hesi, just out of interest, my mind is pretty made up

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Makes a lot of sense GMT.

I only dropped the Hesi as I started mixing my own soil a while ago and then only needed to water until harvest...
If more is needed I'll use some of the stuff I still have laying around but don't really buy nutes any more since I went to living soil.
CC

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Chevy, still not ordered the nutes, but I'll get round to it.

Thanks vanilla, let's find out.

So the first of the girls showed today, I have one bruised nuts and one black ghash. I've got the hamlet in reveg mode still, but that's 3 girls on the horizon. I killed a few boys off today. I've got 2 black ghash boys, both will hit the girl, and I kept one bruised nuts boy left with 3 more yet to show sex. That includes both of the quads I kept, one of which is now tri.
So down to 9 total. Much more manageable.
Pics :
Black Ghash
picture.php

picture.php

Bruised nuts
picture.php

picture.php

Both in their final tubs.
Now I have to keep the males out of there so I don't cross pollinate.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maan what strains are those? Bruised nuts? hahaha too good.
About those transparent containers... I've always wondered about those. Some people say the roots should not be exposed to light etc... I have no idea.
Are you noticing anything different with transparent tubs compared to black ones?
Cheers
CC

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
:biglaugh:
Black domina x (NDN GUYS pure G13 x hashplant) - Black Ghash

((SHANTIBABA's. orangs bud x D.J.'s blueberry) x black domina) x (REEFERMAN's nutcruncher which is A.B. G13 X Afghani) - Bruised Nuts.

The only diff I see, is I can see how the roots are doing. Admittedly more useful pre-final container. I do have two back tubs, they may get used if I get more girls.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
This is the last girl to show I think, bruised nuts tri. That makes 2 bn girls, one bghash girl. Not as many as I was hoping for, but still, at least we got 3. Pics of this one below, just potted up into her final home:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Post edited: I got my plants mixed up. Both of the starting quads are still to show sex. The last 2 to do so.
I should label stuff really. Updates to follow.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
We're only just starting yet mars :)
OK, to make up for the last post, where I got the plants mixed up, I tried to get some shots showing one of the quads. But its hard to photo quadness, its too leafy until it starts to stretch, but I did my best.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'll show girls and unknown here, I'll do boys soon.
BN tri girl, and quad

picture.php

BN tri that was quad
picture.php

BN tri girl bottom, Black GHash girl top
picture.php

Revegged hamlet girl
picture.php

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Thanks Chevy .I do have a fungus gnat problem from this compost though. My own fault for being impatient and using it before cleaning it. So there's a drought coming to this grow in the next few days. Let's see how they cope with that.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah they are happy at the moment, I'm just wondering whether or not to cut their heads off.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I like their use of common cables for the daisy chain. In wiring terms it's putting the controls in parallel. Hence any one can do the dimming. I wonder if they will add a thermostat to their accessory range. I have one up top to dim the lights if things get too hot. It's just switching in another resistor. It's nothing difficult but handy in the summer months if your extraction rate is fixed. Pics are in my album if you wanted something similar