What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Prospecting Gold! the 24 karat metal

St. Phatty

went ahead and bought the Fisher F70.

does what I need, beeps when it gets near something metallic.

can't see 1 foot into the ground, oh well.

The guy who sold it was super helpful.

also gave me a Garrett "pin pointer".

I'm realizing for a lot of what I'm doing, I could just crawl along the ground and use a pin-pointer.

Cost, $70 and 5 ounces of Silver.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Anybody have opinions on Fisher metal detectors ?

was talking to a MD person yesterday. He has a Minelab and is selling his Fisher.

I was hoping for something that could get a reading on sand & gravel beneath 2, 3, 4, or 5 feet of leaves & rotten wood.

From watching videos ... the head of the normal MD has to be a lot closer to the metal piece it's detecting.

There is a creek nearby that is supposed to have metal in the sand. To find it I bought a Fischer 1280x underwater unit. I was disappointed in that thing. Not very good at finding anything. Maybe operator error though.

get a nice early start, its going to be hot out there later today

Most roads CLOSED!

fire danger.

ive got an old MD10...lost the card with Gold an Iron on it to dial it in...

my buddy has the card so i ground balanced on that...

4 sand bags... still have a bag to pan out...76fwy yielded mica.

St. Phatty

I know a full-time miner who processes about 20 tons of rock a day in a ball mill.

Publicly, he says it is low-yield, 1 1/2 grams per ton, 30 grams a day.

So he spends a lot of his time running earth moving equipment to load & un-load the ball mill.

And then processing 20 tons of sand. That's about 20 cubic yards, BEFORE grinding.

Would love to see what machines he uses to separate the gold from the sand.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Leaving right now with a friend to go to
East fork San Gabriel and if that's closed we. Will go to lytle Creek San berdo....and if that's closed Holcomb valley.

Sluice...

Keene dry washer

Royal high banker

Mine lab 800
White's gold master 4b..

Picks shovels classifiers...

Pans battery's backpacks. Etc..

Yaaaa.. Hoo

Medfinder

Chemon 91
All California orange county riverside and san berdo...closed...

Pulled buckets of black sand from 172...hook Creek ..no Gold.

On the hunt......still

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Found...one flake.

Wow... that was running the blue bowl concentration bowl....

76 Pala above freeway... turn 7.

Now to work the base of the 76 hy turn 7 to see if any is left.

Gry

History behind this stuff is more than interesting. Amazing how much of the history is just slipping away unknown. The work that was involved leaves me with immense respect for those who did it. I really enjoy some of the you tube channels that go over the history involved.

Two Toes, and Gly Coolness are a couple of the guys who's youtube channels I have enjoyed spending time on.

St. Phatty

I read one account of gold mining in Oregon.

They had about 100 Chinese Slaves.

The slaves were angry because it was winter - and there was no food.

About a hundred years ago.

Not sure how they convinced the Chinese people to sign up for that gig.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
flour Gold found...

had to go with an highbanker then Gold bowl...10 flakes 6 gallons of soil.

ill get pics up soon

Medfinder

Chemon 91
2 Buckets 3/4 full 3 and1/2 gallon..

Pala 76 fwy....

picture.php

Gry

Any possibilities of a lease based on a percentage with said tribal authorities ?

St. Phatty

I have about 2 tons of black sands that test at 1 ounce per ton, of Gold.

BUT I am leaning towards removing Uranium, because it is more interesting and there is more of it.

I worked out the math, in the human body, with an average of 90 micrograms of Uranium, that works out to 2 e17 Uranium atoms.

And in the 4.5 billion half life of Uranium, there are roughly 2 e17 seconds.

So every 2 seconds, one of the Uranium atoms in the average human body decays - similar to a nuclear reactor.

BUT that is if it was U235.

Since the natural proportion of U235 is 0.7%, for every 140 U238 atoms there is a U235 atom.

So every 140x2 seconds, one of the Uranium atoms in the average human body decays.

Last edited: