What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

do old farts still smoke old strains?

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Hey guys. does the older generation here try to find the strains they smoked of their youth?

because I'm still a youngin but I've got my own taste in strains and I prefer some older classics. I grew up smokin mexi and I still love mexi. Nostalgia in part I suppose.

so you guys ever chase the colombians or mexicans of your youth? I still enjoy them.

gold

lowland oaxaca

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
here is as old school skunk as it gets.

tfd "the pure" kept pure with original ingredients.its only like 25 bucks too. one of the best deals you'll find.

if you want the "skunk" skunk, then you can get "shit" from mr. nice.

Last edited:
G

That Oaxaca looks gnarly dude,nice job on keepin em around.I agree on TFD's Pure,real good skunk! :yummy:

G

At this very moment i have some skunk drying in my closet from my friends grow. :woohoo: Can't wait till it's cured to smoke it. :yummy:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
yeah thats the lowland. it smells like sugar cane and bay leaves. a drunken mexican thats just buzzy enough to keep you awake. makes you have munchies and wanna smoke cigarettes. stupifying with a crashing comedown a few hours later. reminds me of trainwreck a lil stonewise. Not to make fun of mexicans (people) but its good manual labor weed. strong enough to make you not pay attention to how hard your working, buzzy enough to keep you going, and a somewhat goal oriented strain. makes simple boring activities relatively fun. good for weed whacking or mowing grass.

on the other hand you'll be real happy to just have giggle fits on the couch with a bag of doritos too though.

I have highland which I"m told is alot better but I didn't get the chance to grow them. its supposed to be alot more trippy and up which the lowland is not. the lowland is alot more buzzy powerplant.

I have some other oaxaca collected in the region in 68 but I never did them either yet. don't know too much about them.

Last edited:
G

"yeah thats the lowland. it smells like sugar cane and bay leaves. a drunken mexican thats just buzzy enough to keep you awake. makes you have munchies and wanna smoke cigarettes. stupifying with a crashing comedown a few hours later. reminds me of trainwreck a lil stonewise. Not to make fun of mexicans (people) but its good manual labor weed. strong enough to make you not pay attention to how hard your working, buzzy enough to keep you going, and a somewhat goal oriented strain. makes simple boring activities relatively fun. good for weed whacking or mowing grass."

Sounds like my kinda weed!!

Guest423

Veteran
so your saying the "shit" might have a roadkill skunk pheno? roadkill skunk is the true original skunk.....the pure is gonna be awesome and i have 2 packs lookin for a stinky indica pheno, but i don't think i'll find the roadkill skunk in them but i'm hopin.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
yup. TFD doesn't have skunky phenos. its the original gold sweet skunk. nobody knows why they named it skunk. I'd be HIGHLY surprised if you found the roadkill in a pack of it. you'll find some crazy sativa phenos, and ALOT of pungent sweet floral phenos, but I doubt you'll find that pheno that smells like a 10 cent ho's tender bits.

then the afghani phenos became known as the skunk even though they weren't the original skunk. but the name was alot more suited to this pheno. and the time frames were only a few years apart and the name game is alot more of an issure now than then.

sensi offers the afghani pheno skunk, I forget what they call it. shanti's is called "shit" and is highly reputable though. but with something as stable as skunk you can probably find your ghani pheno cheaper than shanti somewhere. might take a lil research though. good luck.

Keefhead

What I smoked in my youth.

What I smoked in my youth.

It was a strain out of Humboldt county. I could get it from any of several sources, and I usually bought a pound at a time - to share of course. This was in the late 60s, and we shared a lot. :friends:

The stuff was super sticky, and though it burned well, it seemed a bit moist still. The smell was like pine or fresh air, an odd description but that's what it smelled like. It smoked mild, never a cough. And it left me walking real funny, kinda wobbly. :pointlaug

Does anybody remember this stuff?

Some day I'll get a clone of this stuff, and my search for the holy grail will be over. :crazy:

akornpatch

Keefhead said:
It was a strain out of Humboldt county. I could get it from any of several sources, and I usually bought a pound at a time - to share of course. This was in the late 60s, and we shared a lot. :friends:

The stuff was super sticky, and though it burned well, it seemed a bit moist still. The smell was like pine or fresh air, an odd description but that's what it smelled like. It smoked mild, never a cough. And it left me walking real funny, kinda wobbly. :pointlaug

Does anybody remember this stuff?

Some day I'll get a clone of this stuff, and my search for the holy grail will be over. :crazy:

Whoa...that's exactly what I was thinking whenI saw the subject title. Freaky.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
that is probably one of many mexican sativas.

aside from the pungentness of the pine I suppose it also had some herbal undertones too right? like sagey or something? typical of many mexicans.

you just need to find the right one. its easier than you think.

highland oaxaca schwag (highland pics from oaxaca spice)

highland oaxaca nugs.

Last edited:

redrider

It took a long time but I grow and smoke the same weed I did in the 70s. If you liked Colombian in 70s then you will love growing it out in country.
Peace from Colombia

G

I've got a lady Panama Red about five weeks into flower. She is looking pretty. kinda on the smaller side but definitely sativa. Supposed to be the real deal, only time will tell (and alot of it,lol). Yup, I'm an OF looking for my mispent youth,lol. I started smoking in 66 and to this day I think the best weed I ever smoked was some mexican gold in 74. Don't misunderstand, I do love today's strains and they do kick major ass but anyone who doesn't believe there was good pot in the day just doesn't know the truth. The fact is todays strains were bred with yesterday's strains, obviously the potency came from somewhere.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I've got the best batch of skunk I've ever had right now. killer. you can smoke the stems, they're more trich covered than some name strain buds I've grown. skunks truly an oldie but a goodie.

RUDE DUDE good luck with your panamas. your right about the weed not being any better. they just found out if you wait till the hairs are red, seperate the females, don't brick it and let it sit in the sun for 5 mos you'll get a better end product. who'd have figured. lol.

Last edited:

Boris

I have no idea about "strains" or hydro...I just smoke regular "street" weed that does the job....

kurlyq2g

keefhead-

i have been getting this stuff called humbolt co. alot recently, and it is just how you described it. great high, smooth, and makes you walk like a penguin...

oh yeah you know i love it, even as young as i am

Keefhead

kurlyq2g said:
keefhead-

i have been getting this stuff called humbolt co. alot recently, and it is just how you described it. great high, smooth, and makes you walk like a penguin...
ROFL - years ago, when I was into the harley scene, I used to ride up to a place called Bridgeport, a little town south from Tahoe. I'd take me an ounce or two and go up there for the festivities. And yeah, when I got stoned (most of the time) I waddled like a penguin. So I got the nick "The Bridgeport Penguin" from the bros. I just had to reflect on that when you said penguin.

And yeah, if you're getting the same stuff I got some 30 odd years ago, you're smoking some of the best I've ever had. Congrats...

Now... just who let this young whippersnapper in here....? :biglaugh:

G

well if Skunk No. 1 counts as an old strain, then I qualify as an old fart

when I think old strains I think Malawi Gold strains, or Hmong Thais and Jamaican collies

I'm thinking primordial old, you know - almost as old as someone like Gypsy say

lol

Namkha

Latest posts

Latest posts