What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deficient plants

Can someone tell me what deficiencies they see in the plants that I have posted?

Attachments

• IMG01372-20150630-1836.jpg
    IMG01372-20150630-1836.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG01371-20150630-1835.jpg
    IMG01371-20150630-1835.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG01370-20150630-1835.jpg
    IMG01370-20150630-1835.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG01369-20150630-1835.jpg
    IMG01369-20150630-1835.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG01367-20150630-1834.jpg
    IMG01367-20150630-1834.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG01366-20150630-1833.jpg
    IMG01366-20150630-1833.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG01365-20150630-1833.jpg
    IMG01365-20150630-1833.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG01362-20150622-1954.jpg
    IMG01362-20150622-1954.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 7

scemostar

Based on how it looks like it is starting from the bottom of the plant, I would say it is a Cal mag deficiency.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like under fed followed by over fed.

Pictures are good but a bit more background information would be helpful.

Looks like under fed followed by over fed.

Pictures are good but a bit more background information would be helpful.
Thx for the help guys. What else do you want to know? I water them everyday because I have them in smart pots and it gets hot up here in the valley. I feed them once a week with guano tea or alfalfa tea. Other days I give them water with AgSil, seaweed, ful power, and humic acid.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Soil mix is helpful, including any teas or supplements as you've already posted. The broader the picture (figuratively), the better the diagnosis. There is a form in the Infirmary that gives an idea, posted by mynamestitch, though it's more tailoured for bottle feeding.

Budley Doright

Veteran
Soil mix is helpful, including any teas or supplements as you've already posted. The broader the picture (figuratively), the better the diagnosis. There is a form in the Infirmary that gives an idea, posted by mynamestitch, though it's more tailoured for bottle feeding.

The biggest thing I see..... Not enough nitrogen.....

Plants will translocate N..... a very common time for this is just as they go into flower.......

It would be good if you had a source for nitrate N.....I would not be an advocate of organic N at this point.....unless it has lots of nitrate N....

I dont do organics..... but I believe blood meal would fit the bill.....

SOme pics...... clear nitrogen def.....some pics.... magnesium def......

I think the biggest thing that this should tell you ..... however you feed them....aint working.....

IMO....you should trot yourself down to the hydro store and get them something to eat.....

If you want to play organics...... try something different next time....

Organics is generally the hardest to master of the grow styles....and many rooks try it in their first grow......

Big mistake..... walk before you run....

Last edited:
The biggest thing I see..... Not enough nitrogen.....

Plants will translocate N..... a very common time for this is just as they go into flower.......

It would be good if you had a source for nitrate N.....I would not be an advocate of organic N at this point.....unless it has lots of nitrate N....

I dont do organics..... but I believe blood meal would fit the bill.....

SOme pics...... clear nitrogen def.....some pics.... magnesium def......

I think the biggest thing that this should tell you ..... however you feed them....aint working.....

IMO....you should trot yourself down to the hydro store and get them something to eat.....

If you want to play organics...... try something different next time....

Organics is generally the hardest to master of the grow styles....and many rooks try it in their first grow......

Big mistake..... walk before you run....
I see. I've been giving them seabird guano tea to supplement Nitrogen since it's quick release. I think I'll up the dose that they're getting. I tried growing with bottled nutes and it's such a hassle checking the pH and all that crap- would rather stick with organics even if it takes time to get the hang of it..

My plants are looking much better since I top dressed with dolomite lime and foliar sprayed them with epsom salt.

My soil mix:
per cf
1 cup biochar
1/2 cup epsom salt
1 cup glacial rock dust
1 cup bentonite
1 cup oyster shell
1 cup basalt
1/2 cup neem/karanja meal
1 cup crab shell
2 cups kelp meal
2 cups fish meal
2 cups fish bone meal
1 cupsulpomag
1/2 alfalfa
1 cup indonesian guano
1 cup peruvian guano
1/2 cup mexican guano
1.5 cups azomite
1/2 cup dolomite lime
1/2 gypsum

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Drop the guano. If you have some good quality vermicompost mix into a thickish soup with a teaspoon or 2 per gallon of black strap molasses. Topdress/water this followed by necessary irrigation.

Make alfalameal tea;
In 5 gal
2 cups alfalfameal
2.5 tablespoons (US) or 42 millitres kelpmeal (1/2 tablespoon per gallon) [Regular kelpmeal > no fancy stuff]
2 tablespoons (US) black strap molasses or 30 ml (1 teaspoon per gallon)
bubble, stir (often) or run brewer for 24 to 48 hours (whatever you have); strain, Topdress the gunk and apply to foliage diluted with non-chlorinated water 1:1

Budley Doright

Veteran
My soil mix:
per cf
1 cup biochar
1/2 cup epsom salt
1 cup glacial rock dust
1 cup bentonite
1 cup oyster shell
1 cup basalt
1/2 cup neem/karanja meal
1 cup crab shell
2 cups kelp meal
2 cups fish meal
2 cups fish bone meal
1 cupsulpomag
1/2 alfalfa
1 cup indonesian guano
1 cup peruvian guano
1/2 cup mexican guano
1.5 cups azomite
1/2 cup dolomite lime
1/2 gypsum

YOu know..... to me this is just downright scary....

If I had to use a soil mix that complicated I swear Id start drinking...

Let me tell you what I do.....

Up mix up some jacks hydro ferts....and some calcium nitrate and feed them with modest ppms from clone to harvest.... 500-600 ppm.....

Budley Doright

Veteran
You know..... now that I see your soil mix...and look back at your pics....

this ...I dont think ..... is a matter of deficiencies..... it looks to me that there is some toxicity as well........

How do you control how much nutrients your plants get???

This stuff is way too hard....even if you have a good idea what you are doing......

I do..... and I would never make a soil mix with so many different components......

kiss.... no offense intended....

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree with Burnt Rope. I did not even look at your list...sorry. That is not all there is, right? What is your base...your soil? e.g. peatmoss, topsoil etc.

You know..... now that I see your soil mix...and look back at your pics....

this ...I dont think ..... is a matter of deficiencies..... it looks to me that there is some toxicity as well........

How do you control how much nutrients your plants get???

This stuff is way too hard....even if you have a good idea what you are doing......

I do..... and I would never make a soil mix with so many different components......

kiss.... no offense intended....
I don't control how much nutrients they take; I just give them the teas and then see what they need. I got that recipe from the LOS thread.

Drop the guano. If you have some good quality vermicompost mix into a thickish soup with a teaspoon or 2 per gallon of black strap molasses. Topdress/water this followed by necessary irrigation.

Make alfalameal tea;
In 5 gal
2 cups alfalfameal
2.5 tablespoons (US) or 42 millitres kelpmeal (1/2 tablespoon per gallon) [Regular kelpmeal > no fancy stuff]
2 tablespoons (US) black strap molasses or 30 ml (1 teaspoon per gallon)
bubble, stir (often) or run brewer for 24 to 48 hours (whatever you have); strain, Topdress the gunk and apply to foliage diluted with non-chlorinated water 1:1
How many tbsps of worm castings do I mix with the molasses?
Okay, so since I don't need 5 gallons, then it would be 2.5 tbsp of alfalfa, 1/2 tbsp of kelp meal, and 1 tsp molasses per gallon...right?

When I made alfalfa tea, I would put 4 cups of water and then 2 tbsp alfalfa, 1 tbsp of kelp meal, 1 tsp of molasses. Mixed that with 12 cups of water.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when making tea, it should be diluted 2:1?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you're refering to Gascanastans recipe on the first page of LOS megathread, you've gone a bit off track and added a lot more of some amendments/lime.

Latest posts

Latest posts