What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yuba County

furrywall11

http://www.appeal-democrat.com/news...cle_5a3da19a-7d19-11e4-83e1-cb61acb672a3.html

So, they're mulling it over, huh? I've done a little research trying to figure out how the voting process works. It seems the five members of the board of supervisors meets at least once per month and if they get a 4-1 vote they can pass an emergency ordinance. This basically means that the next time they're in session they could ban outdoor growing and, they're considering it. If they do vote in an outdoor ban ordinance the only recourse we have is to gather signatures to get the ordinance put to a vote before the whole county. I'm no expert but that's what I gathered with a little googling.

Does anyone have any more info on the voting process and on which direction the supervisors are leaning? From the newspaper articles I read it seems two out of five are vehemently against medical cannabis cultivation.

Also, what about greenhouse growing if they outlaw outdoor?

I just moved to the area last year. I'm going to start going to ASA meetings and volunteering...this whole outdoor ban thing is getting out of hand. This year I grew 30lbs of cannatonic to be given away to people in need and the rest of my harvest that I received donations on allowed me to spend a ton of money with local businesses. How is this a bad thing?

C

CBDhunter

ASA meets I believe every 2nd or 3rd thursday of the month at the Willow Glen Bar & Restaurant you should be able to see on website I think,, if you didn't already know.
It appears there is a group of Yuba county residents that really wwnt to ban growing all, together, and are pushing BOS , really a pain with this , and it looks like they are poised to vote before outdoor traditionally starts, but who knows, it is obvious the 3 options do not allow any outdoor, greenhouse is supposed to be defined in new ordinance/ban if I understood, which is possible I didn't!
I plan on continuing both greenhouse and indoor , unitl ordered to shutdown, get cut down , or fo to jail,, that is how imfeel and always will, fuck them, m they are not intelligent, otherwise this county would see what they currently have, estimated 5000 grows, and cash in on it, but no, it appears they are an anti marijuana county.
My wife and kids have planted our selfs here over 6 years ago and have no plans to move on yet,, if ever!!
I will say I see problems ahead for Yuba county in the future, and change will hapen once again!

furrywall11

There's a meeting at the Willow Glen restaurant in Oregon House area on the 8th...and as far as I know the vote for this years ordinance will happen on the 13th. This is going to affect a lot of lives...If you're able, show up!

Sunfire

Veteran
February 10th at 3 p.m. They are meeting to review the draft they are working on now.

Sheriff Durfor says it'll take another million on top of the current budget if they enact a tighter ordinance and already as is they are way behind on money and manpower with the current budget. A ban will clearly hurt the local economy is every aspect. The real estate market will crash, pretty much a pump and dump equivalent. All the local stores will see huge impacts. The contractors and construction businesses especially.

I rather lawyer up with Jeff lakes or others and start a class action on them. But more realistically we should all about together, hire up Jeff again (he filed the injunction and helped with the last ordinance)and file an injunction. If that doesn't work, get enough signatures to put it to vote. That didn't really work well in butte county, but if it doesn't work, I say we lawyer up and go class action on these fools. Let's just try to hang them up for one more year until it goes recreational .

Allendawg

It's happening everywhere, have you heard about the water permits growers are now gonna need? They plan to launch it in the middle of this season. Its gonna get real difficult to pull off outdoor in many counties. Look it up. Only good news is this will be 1 of the several factors that will raise prices.

Cartel530

Veteran
Look up the Yuba County Growers Association. they were the ones who fought to get the ordinance the way it is currently and will fight any attempt to change it :)

furrywall11

Thanks, Sunfire... I also heard that a lot of people in high places at the meeting voiced the opinion that a ban or "quasi-ban" would really mess up the economy....common sense. The problem is no one paid any attention to common sense in Butte County. The ASA proposal also goes into how a ban would actually create crime by encouraging people who don't care about the ordinances and are willing to roll the dice on huge illegal grows to move here....who do you think is going to buy all the properties that go up for sale if they won't allow 36 on 5?

We really need to pull together to make sure they don't screw up the decent grow rights that we have in Yuba county. I'm not going to miss any meetings--Americans for Safe Access, Yuba County Growers Association or, Yuba County Board of Supervisors.

Sunfire

Veteran
I can't find any contact info for sam or the ycga anymore the website is gone. I'm gonna hit up two chix in marysville. Shane should hopefully be able to get people in contact. Anyone know what time the Asa meeting is at willow glen?

Sunfire

Veteran
Bump bump bump! This is insanely important issue for yuba and everyone that lives in it. I'll call around tomorrow and get more information on sam and the ycga and what time the Asa meeting is.

furrywall11

Yeah, the YCGA website is up but there isn't any new information on it. no new information on the asa and ycga facebooks feeds either as of four days ago.

there's a video of the last bos meeting up- I think it's on the yuba asa facebook feed. Last I heard there was a small victory in the BOS agreeing to form ad hoc groups to discuss the ordinance instead of going with the proposed 12 plant across the board ordinance right away. There is a lot still up in in the air right now...

I'm not sure exactly when he next meeting is...the last one is January 13th so probably mid February

Sunfire

Veteran
You can Google it bro. February 10th at 3 pm according to appeal Democrat to review a draft of new ordinance they are working on. I'm a call willow glen tomorrow and see if I can find out time of Asa meeting

C

CBDhunter

Appears they voted and will be assessing and passing a no outdoor growing and 12 indoor only growing ordinance within a month, not sure of details on exacts for indoor and greenhouse if greenhouse will even be include or accepted as indoor, likely not due to smell and light issues as county would argue, they are adopting the Shasta ordinance so I wonder if indoor rules will be same??

Sunfire

Veteran
No one that I know is going to abide by that. They will have their hands full of enforcement and lawsuit issues.

furrywall11

There's a YCGA meeting at the 7 mile house on Monday 2.16 at 6PM. I'm sure a lot of you are really shocked to hear of the events that took place the last BOS meeting. There's perspective to be had by going to the meeting.

furrywall11

I will report back events but, I hope that doesn't keep anyone from the meeting. The BOS has just taken a big wet shit on our basic rights as human beings. We need to pull together as much support as possible to make a difference, even if that's just getting informed and being a body in the crowd it helps, COME ON OUT!!

Sunfire

Veteran
Well that was fun, and scary. Got to meet and talk with Jeff and Chris from sequoia analytical.

There were a lot of people there from far away representing all sorts of associations, I'm kinda impressed, a lot of people are looking at this as breaking point apparently. It's starting to feel.like the last stand, if we fail here, more and all will fail. If we succeed than others will too.

Talking with Eric a little bit, he felt the same about the feds maybe being involved with the bos decisions. As well as my hunches that lobbyists for major corporations are funding these outdoor bans across the state to try and snuff out the smaller competition before legalization in 2016. He told me Soper - wheeler is funding the ban!!! Wtf man those fucken bastards! ! I live right next to 650 of their acres. If they think they can snuff us out then go corporate grow status in my back yard I'm going to go over there with hemp russet mite bombs and start breeding gophers and locust man fuck them!

Sunfire

Veteran
If you were there then you know what to do, start spreading the word. Tell everyone to register to vote, start getting signatures, start spreading the word. They are going to spend 700k of tax payers money to ban outdoor with an ordinance they can't even enforce. We would only 1200 signatures for the referendum, that's cake, let's get to it!

furrywall11

^^ All that.
That shiet about the corporations funding the county bans to put themselves in place as the only ones that can make money from medical cannabis is more than likely true. It's common place in America for greedy corporate fucks to force the mom n pop businesses out.

It was made clear at the meeting that we in Yuba County do stand a solid chance of keeping fair laws in place but, we have to make A LOT of noise and we have to do it strategically. Between ASA, YCGA and, YPC there are at _least_ two meetings a month usually and a lot more now because it's a critical time. Don't think that your homie down the road is going to take care of it for you...Want to protect your rights? Go to a meeting and get involved.