What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic 2400w Room of Dank

Rooibard

High all good people of IcMag:tiphat:

1st thread on Ic as well as 1st run w/ new setup:woohoo:
Will run 4 x 600w hps and vegging on 2 x 400w mh. Can add those 400s on flower as well in case encounter unlit spots in room. Normal size bedroom will be converted into grow room and lights are going to be hanging bare bulbs. Also trying to get a light mover in my hands to rig Marlo style yoyo. Got one here but the dude with it is extremely slow finding it...
Around walls will sit bigger girls to be trained over the walls propably Marlo style as well. Middle sections will hold stockier ones, trying to shoot for strong big trees and possibly supporting them with yoyos, thats if it doesnt get too busy...

Strains for this run
Cheese(15-17 to choose from)
Chocolope(10-15 to choose)
Kolossus x 3
Killing Fields 4 x 5
White Widow x 1

So total plant count will be around 35-40 girls sitting in 17l of lovely organic living soil. My soilmix is full of life in forms of Myco and Trichoderma fungies and my own Wild Lactobacillus.

Soil mix
150l commercial compost
150l commercial potting soil
10l EWC(from the shop, will add my own ones as top dress)
3kg Rock Phosphate
2kg Turbo Grow Rockdust
1kg Powdered Kelp Meal
2kg Bone Meal
50l recycled soil
100l Coco Peat
150l local organic compost
150l local potting soil
100g Alfalfa sprouts chopped in

These will cook at least 2wks and will be added my own worm poo which is at the moment also cooking due to heavy feed of nettles, parrot droppings and alfalfa sprouts. Once this is all turned good I'll shake some worms out and topdress or mix them in.

Plants are vegging already in 2l soda bottles but under 3 x 10w led floodlights so growth is slow. Few revegging ones still busy reverting but otherwise all set. Running also old mothers from Cheese and Chocolope so those should turn into nice and bushy. Started training early as well; mostly Super Cropped and LSTd along the way.
Plan is to veg under mhs while soil is cooking as soon as I get to move in. Then plan is to veg them on full capacity after transplanting into final containers for another week at least. Will also take loads of clones from succer branches for next round/mothers.

Pests have been issue in my previous grow; fungus gnats and spider mites have given me hard time:moon: Now running scheduled sprays; 1/month Neem oil, 1/month Pyrethrium based and 2/month Biological Mosquitocide. Also sticky traps hanging everywhere in room. Im also drenching my soil w/ Neem oil in veg...

Vent will be 200mm ducting, 500mmx200mm carbon and 910m3 fan. If this gets too hot in our coming summer I can supplement this with another 130m3 fan maybe on intake side.

Watering I run RO/Rain water as much as possible; filter underway, meanwhile carrying it from crocery stores:dance013:
Also will foliar spray ACT and Lactobacillus. Seeking for other sprays as well.

Will post some pics when I get to location to shoot sum 1st..

Peace

Rooibard

Starting point

Starting point

So the girls are vegging along nicely but could deffinately use mh already... My problem is my mate whose location we using... Initally I would prefered be cooking the soil and vegging w/ mh already this week. Oh well, good things comes with patience and mine's endless:ying: On positive side my reveges will have more time to catch up and rehab off stress. Also smallest and runtier clones have time to pump decent roots. Will make things after final transplant transplanting vigorous
More pics coming as I get a look at the spot. Will start work by bleeching floor to ceiling. Hopefully by early next wk

Peace

Rooibard

Finally something to update

Finally something to update

So as of today the soilmix is cooking, final volume dropped quite drastically due to size of flower room. Measures 2,4m(l) x 2,4m(w) x 2,5m(h). This is actually perfect as Im only choosing 25-28 for the run. Mixing the soil also carries on as I wasnt fully prepared to get started when I arrived to check in location. So hopefully by the end of the month cooking is ready and my recipe is spot on:
150l Organic Compost
150l Organic Potting Soil
100l Coco Peat
10l EWC from hydro store
2kg Bone Meal
1kg Kelp Meal
2kg Rock Phosphate
2kg Turbo Grow Rock Dust
1kg Dolomite Lime
100g Mycorhizal Fungi
100ml Blackstrapp Molasses
3tbsp Mineral Magic
20ml EM-1 my own brew

These will get mixed with 75l recycled soil with roots in the mix. Also 200g Alfalfa Sprouts will be chopped into the mix and trying to find alfalfa seeds as well for cover crops.
album.php
album.php

I will also topdress with my own ewc as soon as all new food is digested. Im expecting this by end of veg, which would be awesome timing for boost during stretch.

At the moment layout is 7 plants around 600w and 400w in the middle of all 4 donuts. Im very open on lowering the count if ya'll think thats the way to go. Id much rather see bit less yield with hard nuggets all over than overgrown jungle with nothing but fluff...

Lowering the count would also leave me w/ some smaller ones to veg bigger for possible stage 2... This location Im in has also lounge which one steps in from outside thru sliding doors. However besides the exposed opennes, this space itself is perfect for tent. So in near future there will be 2 similar size setups(3 x 3m tent) but due to flat owners request we plan on hydro setup... Thats if all goes according plans.

Peace

Rooibard

When in doubt; Bail out!

When in doubt; Bail out!

So be4 we even got started proper, someone saw us carrying all the soil and pots from garage to dedicated flat and rang for house owners family. So much for that op, luckily only thing in that flat is my soilmix cooking and plants are safe. Now looking for new spot and keeping my ladies vegging along and training em nice and bushy w/ strong stems and roots. Im letting the soil cook and pack it away after and hopefully by that time I'll find decent spot w/less nosy neighbours:comfort:

Peace

Rooibard

Still waiting...

Still waiting...

Not been so lucky regards new spot for whole setup but got 2 x 400 w/ 8 plants in my mates place. Deff not ideal spot but better than none. Got a chance to be there like twice a week which will have to do the trick...
Went to fetch all mixed soil after like month expecting everything to be bone dry but surprisingly after top couple inches was nice and moist:dance013:
In went 4 bushy chocolopes and 4 cheeses, which one of them died which was not surprise.. Will chuck in a new cheese from my v:peacock:egbox and keep vegging the ladies for 2wks under mhs.
Also now that bigger setup is on the hold wanna start up a clone factory. Market around here is big as everyone wants to grow quality lately:biggrin:

Busy setting a legit bussiness aswell and hopefully getting a spot sorted next month..

Peace

SmellyFlorist

Wasup, sorry to hear about your recent location location location issues..... Say, you got any pics of this "vegbox" that you mention....??
All the best with finding a place that fits your requirements....
Let us know how things pan out...

Smelly... :tiphat:

Rooibard

Ssup Smelly
Luckily Ive got time to wait; running a side project on my mates place but not full capacity...
So the veg box... Its just some standard size wooden box for transpot some heavy cargo. Put hinges on lid, covered w/ spaceblankets and vents. Lights are 4x18w tubes on lid and 3 x 10w led floodlights. On far left corner is sunglass stand where I root clones, works pretty well.. Got 39 ladies in there after last nights transplanting. Same time few struggling ones got new super soil in their pots. Previous one contained too much woodchip so decomposing burned all the available nitrogen, hence the stunted grow(@ least hope so)

Peace

Rooibard

Happy new year peeps!

Time to update as been very busy with daytime work and loads of ppl around, otherwords busybusy. All my efforts have gone to my mates location as we've had serious heat issues around christmas time. Peaking around 37°C!!which called in some cooling power... So we got one of those air cooling units which has a water res on the bottom and ionidizer. When we keep filling the res with ice the temps are around 28°C and all our girls immidiately bounced back to life. So 4th Jan was the long waited day of flipping and now they been stretching nicely. So much that when I went in after 2 weeks of stretch I had a jungle waiting for me lol. My mates parents are looking after plants well and they drink a litre per day now, we ditched RO water and using mountain spring water which we can collect for free! No measurings for this water done but plants are happy so must be decent. I ended up bending all barnches down and the whole space got full canopy. Couple pics to follow...

Peace

SmellyFlorist

Happy new year to you too... although its almost the second month...
Dude as soon as I saw your handle it got me wondering... and your details just spell it all out for me... lol. You had the heat round xmas...? I had the humidity...! Try post a bit more, not sure bout your day job? But Im getting an idea... you know we're in the same boat dont you..... hey :tiphat: on with the show...! :biggrin:

Rooibard

Yo Smelly!

Maybe we've had a toke or 3 together, saw ur thread and looks surprisingly familiar lol...
Humidity huh? Anywhere close to coconut belt? Im busy reading about watering with coconut water but here we dont have em except in grocery stores but u might be able just to climb ur own? Has loads of benefits apparently! My day job...its not a job really but keeps me busy and brings sum bread and butter...;)

Peace

SmellyFlorist

Howzeeet... Um fuck, maybe we have... lol. But Im a hermit... Nah Im not in that belt... but fuck, kinda wish I was.... cant get fucking coir anywhere here... And Im told brahs do the drive to get it... But I laugh when I hear that... driving all that way for some coir, its 2015 bwahaha.... Yeah Im kinda like you wifff the graft... but Im fucking looking all over for my field, but all I get is curveballs and poes' laughing coz I cant hit em... You know how it is where we are....?!? lol

Catch up laters, gota do a town run for gas, petties and some beer.... meetup... :tiphat:

Rooibard

Awe Smelly:)
Yeah also thinking of security, need to upgrade my staffie + german shepherd duo to a next level... Battling to choose between a hyena and a baboon...! How does one even choose? Maintenance cost? Agility or fangs? Rabies potential?
Lol, Africa; gotta love it!
Anyways...back from my remote ranch, had a chance to pass by on saturday and things are looking lush..canopy has filled in even and thick.. Gave kelpak spray and didnt touch a branch; let them girlz simply recover... Ww did take a bit unwanted stress during her yoga and some bottom growth turned out dead material... Top of the broken branch did seem lively though so left everything untouched...
On the shopping list is only biobizz bloom, just incase the soil runs out of Phosphorius. Also added 6 extra plant on the side need more food in mid flower as they only sit in 2l bottles. Brought in a selection just to fill gaps but now theres not a single gap and these are slightly out of intense light, then again those will be just a selection for personal smoke:)

Peace

SmellyFlorist

Hey brah, good to hear things are working out nicely yourside... sorry bout late response, just been real busy this week. Yeah look at getting some bull terriers... people hate those dogs around here... I got a few, and they do the trick... you just gotta be a "dog person" to own one first Id say, and the he/she/they have got to be trained... otherwise, well you know.... problems... lol.... try get your post count up, can drop you a pm then... stay safe, smelly

SmellyFlorist

Also forgot to ask... I see you got one of those plastic inline fans there, any reason you chose that one over the metal inline..? Coz they kinda the same pricey, give or take a few Nelson....

Rooibard

Hey Smelly, also busy this side man and fucking load shedding is jumpin between stage 2 & 3... Not cool! For those who never heard of load shedding, it merely means that grid has overload(due to issues Im not digging into) and everyone has to suffer as they just turn the power off. Now stage 2 means 2000MW needed to save etc...
Yeah got staffie and german shepherd which work really nice and Im used to strong dogs no probs. Ure right need to get my post count up but Im operating on ph only as africa has claimed 2 iphones and macbook pro so my browsing is not ideal either lol.
Had to visit ranch recently as well as carbon run out of filtering capabilities and needed refill. Now cant smell a thing which is way we want it! And thats even with cheese which can be problematic on smell issues...
The fan... Yeah theres method behind madness; I inherited the whole setup lol. If u look at specsu'll find that it has just a bit more juice compared to metal one. But my friend already bought it off from me got me kindly the metal one which has maintenance free bearings. That will be hanging soon in my own place. So old lady finally accepted my dedicated room for last time to be used as a grow room and now Im busy cleaning up the room and soon theres gonna be hung 2 400mh for veg. Soilmix got some more ewc and kelp meal and some added potting soil. Its been cooking now for a week and has nice white fungus covering the top. There will be 8 plants in soil and possibly another 8 in hydro but the aoil ones will get 1-2week extra veg. Running the hydro on a bubbler setup with synthetic ferts...
This whole operation of refilling the filter gave me a rare chanve to take individual pics of girls exactly 1month in 12/12

Rooibard

And pictures follow.

They look pretty decent taken that I visit there only every once in a while.

Also took some perlite at home and popped some dank beans; K.O.Kush and Herijuana... Kushes sprouted 10/10 and Herijuanas are bit slower but have to say top notch quality from ******s! Kf and Kolossus are also from same shop and they are some dank smoke. For home setup will put all soil girls KF only as thats a stretchy bitch and try to rock some vert trees from them! Maybe vegtime being around 4weeks or so; 1st horizontal with reflectors and then flip bulbs vert and train em girls on walls...

Peace

Rooibard

Omg!!! WTF??? Free world and all that but seems like the best seed supplier on earth is a big nono around here? Well must be depressing if someone is undercutting prices with super quality top shelf seeds???

SmellyFlorist

Howzeeet.... yeah loading shedding... totally blows, If anyone wants more of a descriptive explain than our good friend Red here is offering, treat yourself to a read in my thread ;).... crystal. Yeah staffies are pretty cool... they not just bark too, fucking mean bite! Just wifff the bullies, it dosent matter how tanned you are, people dont like them... need dogs that when people rock up outside the gate the dogs are so ampt they start fucking themselves up just to get them first... lol... no ones coming inside then.
Fuck two phones and a Mac!! No ways! I worked my tits off for my phone and Mac... guard those things with my life lol.... see above...
So wait a minute here... theres two "jols" you got... at yours and out there in the yonder somewhere... fuck that scenery around there is fucking crazy beautiful.... btw. And by old lady do you mean you're mrs...? Sorry dont mean to be intrusive.... just gives me a bigger picture... So you gonna turn the spot thats your porz now[current flowering?] into a veg..?? Fuck sorry, couldnt really follow what your saying there... Plants looking good by the way... :tiphat:

Wana ask a few q's bout that cheese you got... if thats cool. Had some bb cheese a week back, hadnt smoked for a few days, and like 2 bongs totally kicked my arse... its super dreaming, real stoney... but I bit locky... like I dont think I could function proper on it, you know... almost not how Id wana be when Im in the water... but after two days of toking it, that effect did mellow out a lot you know... I was told it was indoor, it didnt look it thou, you know, that brownish tinge to it... pricey aswell.... fucksakes. But you got the exodus you say... How long you had it and what do you like about it and dont like about it, with regards to smoking and growing... fucking kief for the evening, once all the craps been done for the day... lol. And who wont send here...??

Oh, so you'd say probs best to go with the metal fan...?? 200 fan and filter, filled with carbon... comes to like 5... eish!

Hope you're having a good weekend.... :tiphat:

Rooibard

Yo Smelly! Thx for kind words of my girlz; Im really happy for them especially when Im not able to be w/ them more than once/wk basis. So those girlz are taken care by my mates folks as I was struggling to setup anything! So luckily Im on the water only soilmix;) now my mate is buying that setup off peace by peace while hes learning to grow same time; sweet deal for both of us!
By old lady I mean my mother in law who I made a promise after few months of perpetual setup that she wont have to stress anymore... Now she gave me a permission to setup flowering once again for one run and Im almost ready for a show;) will be tall girlz in super hot soilmix which has been cooking now month+ and last couple weeks in pots already. Top has nice fungi growing so soil foodweb is there!
Also trying to get my mates folks to accept a 2nd run to make it worth their effort... But he will carry on regardless on my soilmix and genetics which is nice.
Cheese u say is on ur mind? Its an ez strain to grow and tolerates mistakes well while showing when shes not happy. Also had absolutely no pestissues with her. High is strong and clear, really pleasant smoke. Leaves nice cheesy flavour in ur mouth!

Peace