What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

coco beds...adjusta wing 2 wire converts kits...oh snap

sureshot66

Veteran
so i converted my lights to the 2 wire philips bulb with the adjusta wing, instead of 11k im now at 8k with more coverage, i added a 4x4...strains are thin mint gsc and sfvog..im stoked to see how this setup will do, gotta get nets up and flip ina few days

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mack 10

Veteran
Nice, not seen anyone do that before, pretty cool.
interesting to see what happens...
Mack.

sureshot66

Veteran
bitchin set up! how longand how often do you feed your beds?
wutsup Otis, i just bumped them to 25 seconds daily, i got a new controller from galcon that works killer, can dial it in to the second which my rainbird wouldnt do, well the old ones do but newer models dont

thewhitelotus

Veteran
great setup! looks like you are using the Octobubbler things that have 8 spag lines comin off it?

are you feeding until runoff? if so, how are you doin that in the beds? been lookin at converting here recently

sureshot66

Veteran
Sup wl, yea I use octa bubblers they work great, beds are easy but you really have to have dehumidification in check the coco holds a lot of moisture that was the one thing I really battled. Aside from that it's easy I just am lazy and have some medical issues and don't wanna deal with transporting a shitload of coco

whatthe215

Veteran
hell yeah, we have similar looking rooms. about to pickup gavitas to replace to adjustas.

did the double endeds help with the hot spots? light coverage is so inconsistent with my large adjustawings.

sureshot66

Veteran
hell yeah, we have similar looking rooms. about to pickup gavitas to replace to adjustas.

did the double endeds help with the hot spots? light coverage is so inconsistent with my large adjustawings.

Yo whatup whatthe how ya been..with this setup I have the wings
Positioned for max length coverage which really spreads the light I don't have hot spots everything's really even.these bulbs are so retardely bright @ 200 bucks per to convert it was a no brainer. Are you doing beds?was that u doing 30k a few months back

whatthe215

Veteran
Yo whatup whatthe how ya been..with this setup I have the wings
Positioned for max length coverage which really spreads the light I don't have hot spots everything's really even.these bulbs are so retardely bright @ 200 bucks per to convert it was a no brainer. Are you doing beds?was that u doing 30k a few months back

yep that was me, 32.

got 8 lights of chowmix beds against 4 lights of straight canna in 1gal. beds are DESTROYING the pots in nearly every measure.

i need new ballasts so it makes sense for me to just get gavita setups.

i think ima switch it up to 3 5x10 trays on casters with 6x12 trellises rather than 6 4x8s. such a pain cleaning up rear wall plants in beds that don't move.

sureshot66

Veteran
yea man im on wheels and its still a pain in the ass getting to those. the free range roots of beds is the shit, ima flip ina a couple days, just letting a few plants that were sdtressed recover, u handling humidity ok? that fucked me up last run

That's a sweet little conversion, nice looking room too!

When you mention humidity issues, what are you using now to handle the rh?

Because with my sealed room I was having trouble keeping rh under 60% lights off and that's with the mini split and a 50 pint dehu running. I finally upgraded to a santa fe and it made a huge difference.

whatthe215

Veteran
the solution is having exhaust fans that kick on at night. BIG ones, like a 14" 1800CFM for your room sureshot. 14" is quieter than 12" but can't push much air if there's any restriction in ducting, so make it's a straight shot duct or just a 45 degree angle out the room.

running a high quality dehu like a max dry dual xt is often necessary in not so dry climates.

i've got 2 70pint soleus POS dehus now plus exhaust and i stay at ~74f and 50% RH at night. but it is VERY dry here right now, my skins cracking all over.

ima pickup a couple max drys ASAP.

sureshot66

Veteran
I have an 8 for exhaust @ night my 14 is on my scrubber..,I use a dri eaz lgr it handles early flower fine but mid late I add an ideal 70 pint, with all of that I got hit with late pmildew so ill use eagle 20 this run and look around for a bigger exhaust fan. Thanks for the info :pirate:

whatthe215

Veteran
I have an 8 for exhaust @ night my 14 is on my scrubber..,I use a dri eaz lgr it handles early flower fine but mid late I add an ideal 70 pint, with all of that I got hit with late pmildew so ill use eagle 20 this run and look around for a bigger exhaust fan. Thanks for the info :pirate:

did you get hit with PM cause high humidity or just got it?

Eagle20 is effective as hell, haven't seen PM in 2.5 years.

sureshot66

Veteran
did you get hit with PM cause high humidity or just got it?

Eagle20 is effective as hell, haven't seen PM in 2.5 years.

id say both plus i wasnt there the last couple weeks i was hospitalized and the friends taking care of it for me didnt have the experience to deal with it, i spent a shitload on pm wash heh...it was my 1st run in beds and a new room so i was fixing shit as it came up rather then controlling and preventing,my run came out well but the pm issue sucked so ill be fine this run now that stop gaps are in place :pirate:
what are u growing this round?

Latest posts

Latest posts