What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Underrated and Overloked Strains

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey ladies and gentlemen. I am trying to buy seeds one more time for the rest of my life. I have a long list and plan to get them all. I was just wondering what might I miss out on because I just have not heard of something. I just want to start a list of some underrated and overlooked strains that people have gotten good results from? So hook it up peoples. What are the most underrated and overlooked strains? peace and thank you

Last edited:

The Iceman

I don't know about underrated but Paradise seeds is overlooked ALOT....Also it seems alot of people overlook Chimera's seeds for some reason even though the guy is a genius....Oh the strain Sweet Blue by SOL is really good aswell and overlooked...I found a pheno that is right there with any of the elites and I have most of them...Sour D, Bubba Kush, OG Kush, ect...my friends ALWAYS ask for some Sweet Blue even with all the killer elites that i have. Good luck finding the diamond in the ruff and always clone every girl before you flower just in case its "the one"...PEACE

G

Underrated and Overlooked Strains

Hawaiian Sativa.
period.

5538kona_golden_foxtail-thumb.JPG

Last edited:

Aroma

mmm capt, hawian sativa . I've noted that.

ft100: underated strains that i've grown are durban, sk#1, and early Pearl (seeds obtained from sensi seeds) all three are easy grow sativas and durban kicks your ass.

JLP

Veteran
Masterkush,Mountain Jam,Warlock,I've also had good luck with all the Sensi Seeds stock I've grown(Sensi Skunk,Shiva Shanti,G-13 x HP).

JLP

G

Another vote for Paradise...

The Flying Dutchmen and Homegrown Fantaseeds are my two most-fav Holland breeders...

MedUser420

Most underrated in IMHO is Vic Highs Spacequeen. This is one of my best sativas. My SQ blows away Aracta TW, in potency and up there with ECSD and Shrom.

G

BLOCKHEAD from SOL....most under rated...maybe cuz it takes a bit of luck to find the killer pheno...but once u do its on.

bostrom155

MedUser420 said:
Most underrated in IMHO is Vic Highs Spacequeen. This is one of my best sativas. My SQ blows away Aracta TW, in potency and up there with ECSD and Shrom.

Hey med, I have jill's candy mix going on and i mostly SQ f2's what is the yeild like and do you have pic's

G

Nirvanas Blue Mystic, Bubblicious, Cali-O, White Rhino, Papaya, Northern Lights X Shiva... critical hash...

G

Is stability of concern on this search?I'm guessing you want available strains?

Is stability of concern on this search?I'm guessing you want available strains?

Maple Leaf Indica (Sensi) needs a shout. Many a gem have I found and it breeds well.
So does Legends Ultimate Indica (and it is serious Mojo). Hmmm. Gonna spark me some LUI now I am. That's what I'm talkin 'bout right there! The Sticky Icky IIIcky Indo.
You want a good fast sativa? A touch of Power Plant and some c99 (though Under anything it isn't) could never Hurt. Good luck on the Search!

Last edited:

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
I agree witht the Blue Mystic, as well as Blue Moon Rocks from BOG! Beautiful, super sticky buds in 55days, easy to grow, wonderful smell, taste and high...take a look

MedUser420

bostrom155 said:
Hey med, I have jill's candy mix going on and i mostly SQ f2's what is the yeild like and do you have pic's

SQ yields average, but makes up for it with its amazing potency. You should get some interesting phenos from the f2s. Sorry no pics

N

Neptune

Mexican Sativas, Overlooked, and Underrated.

Try some Acupolco Gold, or some Oaxaca Mountain Sativa.
Most Psycheelic herb I have ever smoked, It was like super potent weed mixed with 1-2grams of mushrooms. Soaring high that lasted 6+ hours from a half jont... Those first 3 hours, I really fealt like I had eaten some small amount of mushrooms... colors were VIVID, vision was lucid, and the radient aura of the world warmed my heart.

Viva mexico~
Aiiieeeeeeeeee!!!!

G

Try some Acupolco Gold, or some Oaxaca Mountain Sativa.
Most Psycheelic herb I have ever smoked, It was like super potent weed mixed with 1-2grams of mushrooms. Soaring high that lasted 6+ hours from a half jont... Those first 3 hours, I really fealt like I had eaten some small amount of mushrooms... colors were VIVID, vision was lucid, and the radient aura of the world warmed my heart.

thats a bit of an overstatement if you ask me
most seasoned smokers wont have a 'trip' as you describe
but yes, these sativas can be quite racy and trippy

personally, i have grown a raunchy tasting oaxacan highland that was nothing special, in fact, barely got ya buzzed, until ya jar cured it 6 months:biglaugh:

after the long cure (it was smoked 9.5 months after chop,jar cure) it was the trippiest pot i have smoked.

very laughy trippy, just as you describe with the mush, minus the visuals...maybe some trails, or some distortion or flash in the corner of yer eye, paranoia if you will, but definitely no vivid hallucinations

now Hawaiian Sativa.......

right off the vine Kona Gold gave me similiar effects to the oaxaca after a 9mth cure
after the short-cure i find it hard to smoke more than a bowl at a time of the Kona..

the taste of the highland mex was of tea leaves,no matter how long u cure it,
while the Hawaiian sativa is great tasting even when smoked wet:yoinks: NO grassy tates with the herb i just grew, i love it.

in conclusion, its my personal opinion that if going with a PURE sativa,
go with a thai or hawaiian, if, you can hang with the flowertime.

be well

edit: the effect of any strain can be tweaked to some degree by harvesting at different stages

Last edited:
G

GeT TwiZtiD

I think Lowryder is alot overlooked, people think because it's autoflowering and so quick that it's such a great strain. I mean dont get me wrong it's great that they finish up in 60 days, but the potency isnt anything near some of the strains i have smoked, Lowryder would definitly be alot stronger if it was crosses with something but by itself it isnt to potent but does the job