What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is everyone doing for these jars of crystals

Kingekos

Nobody??? I watched the video like 5 times and it says know where the parameters in the video and the thAt Guy JOE Oakes only wants to charge money for information is this still not a medical plant for the patients

look up High Cannabinoid Full Spectrum Extract on google. I think that's what is being discussed here. also called terp diamonds.

heres a snippet of the web:

High-Cannabinoid Full Spectrum Extract (HCFSE)
High-cannabinoid full spectrum extract is a top-shelf product that is favored by true cannabis connoisseurs. It usually appears in a crystallized form. The terpene profile of the product often exceeds 20 per cent.
Generally, HCFSE will also have a higher tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) level of around 55 per cent, but in sugared form, the THC of HCFSE can reach 90 per cent or greater. The cannabinoid levels hover at 20-30 per cent.
HCFSE also features trichomes of 20-30 per cent. High-cannabinoid full spectrum extract is solvent free and pure.
The extract goes through intense dewaxing to remove any solvent residue. It is also vacuum-purged further to create an optimally clean product with ample THC crystals. Ideally, all of the user's senses should be able to distinguish and enjoy the unique aspects of the cannabis concentrate.

THCA will precipitate out of basically any live resin run, and also most crude extracts. Your solvent system is the most important factor regarding the speed of crystal growth. It should be noted that your solvent system is not only the solvents you use to extract or refine your desired molecules, but also the terpenes present. You also need a deep enough vessel so your THCA can precipitate out of the solution for collection, instead of too much surface area, resulting in multiple small crystals. I suggest grabbing a bunch of small graduated cylinders to do R&D bathches utilizing different pressures, temperatures, agitation, and solvent combinations. This is how I learned and now I can usually harvest my THCA/sauce in the consistency that I choose, being left with dank high-terp-extract for carts.

MichiganGrower

Hello Friends...Been out of the extraction game for a few years now, but I try to stay book smart about all the new teks that are the current trends.

Coming from Michigan where we have quite a few guys out here killing the "HCFSE/HTFSE" or as the OP references, "Jars of Crystals".

That being said I"ve watched the skunk pharm presentation, however, I can't believe this is how these jars are being done by centrifuge.

They look to be slowly evaporating. Someone smarter then I can chime in. There are a few vids of the slow evaporation on HC_Exctracts.

My hunch is they blast it (prob with a specific mix) and pour it into jars about 1/3 or 1/4 of the way and when the action slows down REALLY slow they jar it and let the head space be the room for the gas's to escape. After several weeks of burping and applying small amounts of heat to keep viscous the terpenes and cannabinoids starts the separation process and like Rocks. Small crystals combine to form larger crystals..or maybe they just grow large. Not sure. All the pics are in end process.

However, I've seen one guy on Instagram (rosin.ryan) take rosin and put it's on a small amount of heat in a jar sealed and he was somehow able to get the terps to separate and even built some diamonds.
Here are 4 guys in with the "Jars of crystals"

https://www.instagram.com/the_jewler/

https://www.instagram.com/nugabductionextracts/

https://www.instagram.com/hc_extracts/

https://www.instagram.com/rosin.ryan/ (learning to kill it)
ic

gumby420

I've been making decent sized diamonds with an easy tech. I just pour into a 8oz mason jar until about 1/2 - 3/4 full. let it sit out for a few hours to get some solvent out, then cap it and put it into a room temp cooler over night. around 12 hours later ill burp it and put it in the oven at around 80-85*. ill usually start to see crystals within the first 10 hours after the initial pour out. if I don't see crystals in the first 10 hours ill take a crystal from another batch and drop it in, then ill see crystals in around 5-10 hours. the jars stay in the oven for probably two weeks on average, burping them once or twice a day. then finally once I feel they're done ill uncap it and vacuum it for about 24hours at room temp. thats the part I'm still unsure of. I see guys on Instagram with super liquidy terp fractions. as soon as I vac mine it thickens up quite a bit. but definitely still has a nice layer. anyways thats what I've been doing, people were stoked on our blackberry sauce at blazers cup over the weekend

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
look up High Cannabinoid Full Spectrum Extract on google. I think that's what is being discussed here. also called terp diamonds.

heres a snippet of the web:

High-Cannabinoid Full Spectrum Extract (HCFSE)
High-cannabinoid full spectrum extract is a top-shelf product that is favored by true cannabis connoisseurs. It usually appears in a crystallized form. The terpene profile of the product often exceeds 20 per cent.
Generally, HCFSE will also have a higher tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) level of around 55 per cent, but in sugared form, the THC of HCFSE can reach 90 per cent or greater. The cannabinoid levels hover at 20-30 per cent.
HCFSE also features trichomes of 20-30 per cent. High-cannabinoid full spectrum extract is solvent free and pure.
The extract goes through intense dewaxing to remove any solvent residue. It is also vacuum-purged further to create an optimally clean product with ample THC crystals. Ideally, all of the user's senses should be able to distinguish and enjoy the unique aspects of the cannabis concentrate.

You should reread that and note the hilarious amount of contradictions.

gumby420

Here's a few pics of the sauce I've made with the tech I listed above. Not the biggest crystals but I'm definitely still experimenting.

Attachments

• IMG_4520.jpg
    IMG_4520.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4512.jpg
    IMG_4512.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4691.jpg
    IMG_4691.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 10

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
So, I am curious where the high terpene content of this style extract is coming from. The math does not seem to add up, or is it just that inefficient with cannabinoids? If a plant only has 2-5% terpenes and 25% THC, how do you get an extract that has 20-30% terpenes and 20-50% THC? Are there any other byproducts with the rest of the THC?

gumby420

What kind of gas mixture are you using

I use 70% n butane and 30% propane, and for certain growers material ill use 50% n butane, 25% iso butane and 25% propane. I haven't noticed a difference in crystal formations. but 25% iso butane blend makes everything stable. with one growers material everything from him came out compete sap to the point where id just have to make it all into crumble. now with the iso butane its nice stable pull snap.

ubi

was told diamonds take 2-4 weeks to form properly, strain dependent, and should be clear
not the most in depth description though direct from
@the_diamondbaron
dude make the biggest clearest rocks ive seen and i see alot differnt sauce around denver

your solvent ratio should be dependant on the amount of terpenes, which act as a solvent, that are in your solution. You want to reach the level of supersaturation so your crystals will crash out, but have enough terpenes or solvent to keep your solution viscous enough to allow the crystals to settle instead of staying suspended. Propane works well with high terpene material because it purges quickly reaching supersaturation quickly, leaving the terpenes to provide a less viscous solution. When extracting lower terpene material, it helps to use butane which will stay in the solution longer under light heat to provide you with the viscosity you need to allow the crystals to settle.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
best description of the process i've heard is "separation by slow evaporation" - i believe it was pangea who described it this way in a thread on icmag about THC-A

pretty easy to take a live run (or dry even) before it's finished purging and is still a viscous runny liquid with solvent left in it and throw it into a glass jar, partially seal the lid, put it on a heat mat or in a vac oven at about 85 f and just..... wait

Latest posts

Latest posts