What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who makes a good grow room monitor with android app?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Yeah, I really love my RPi. Across the top is the moisture sensor chart. Let's me know the moisture content of each pot.

The 2 small windows on the top right are live window links to both my rooms (veg and flower). Click on either one and go to that room for environmental details and pictures.

Naturally temp, RH, CO2 and (not sure why I did this one but) barometric pressure. Guess I was looking for pressure deficit.

I am going to add a drop down to select the time frame on the charts from one day to 80 days (trying to catch the entire grow cycle on one chart).

Python programming is pretty darn easy. The HTML was actually harder for me. LOL Never really did much HTML programming.

I also picked up an Arduino recently and I plan to add that to the RPi setup. The Arduino controls the servos and switches based upon the data input from the RPi. Rpi data says 'dry'... Arduino says, 'water'.

I don't think there is such a thing as a fully automated grow room but I should be able to get pretty close. I can access this from any place in the world via my phone or any PC.

Albeit, I don't know what I would do without visiting my grow rooms. I spend hours in there every day. LOL

The RPi camera is not a great cam but I shot a pretty cool time lapse with it. Posted it here...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=348371

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Did you go full auto on the nutes?

The time lapse grow vid is pretty cool. Esp the harvest at the end. Very good idea having a few frames to lower down for plant support.

I'm working on a setup with peristaltic pumps. Already have solenoid valves on the res fill.

Latest posts

Latest posts