What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Problem With Amnesia

Cant exchange air more often because this is a closed loop system

Watering 3 times a day could be a overkill and i dont know if rooting system is developed enough for so many waterings and this plants didnt have any veg time they in flower from first day in this pots + coco was mixed with wormcastings which are holding water too ,
now im watering every other day with good runoff and coco is always wet.

I will feed ec 0.7 until the symptoms go away. dont want to change anything else because then i will dont know which fix helped

:tiphat:

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Like others said, looks like N overfeeding with the claws ( imho from too much wormcastings, even with water the 10% wormcastings in your coco is still releasing slowly N in the plant, also as you know haze are pretty sensitive to N...)

You will be fine between 24-26 during the day, good air flow will help like you did...

I guess it will be fine in a few days, good job !

Last edited:

Coba

Veteran
"every 3 waterings i give benefitial tea composed of wormcastings, alfalfa meal and ogbiowar packs"

too much alfalfa will do that same thing to my haze plant leaves.

i dont think its wormcastings, its first time i mixed castings with coco and i got similiar problem some time ago 1 or 2 times, but alfalfa it may be this i always throw it in my tea, from now on i will stop, just castings and ogbiowar packs.

how much alfalfa caused this problem on your plants Coba ?

i make my tea from 0.5L (2cups) casting, 0.25L (1cup) alfalfa and 20L (5gal) of water and ogbiowar packs and than after brewing i mix my tea 1part to 9parts tea/water

for the temps i cant go below 27 but never exceed 29
my humidity stays around 65-70 never less than 55 and more than 75
VPD is mostly in norm
so i think that temps are ok

:tiphat:

Coba

Veteran
sounds like you're diluting it pretty good. Hard to tell. I use about a 1/4 cup of the cubes to make tea and it still is sometimes too hot.

Hi

Its me again with another problem.

This time plants are turning yellow from the top and the yellow leaves got few little dark spots size of pin and some rust, the bottom of plant is not affected

Environmentally everything is almost same as before just co2 went up to 1000ppm in steps of 200ppm every 2 days.

Now i water 1x day with good runoff
I added .5ml/l pk13/14 to my feeding program and in last 3 days i gave the .25ml/l of ca/mg boost from aptus (mass boost in us) to boost magnesium because of serration on the leaves but i dont know if it was a good idea but to me it looked like mag def on some photos in Joe's Fresh Guide

ec is 1.2-1.3 and ph is 6.0-6.1

what do you thin can this be zink or molybdenum caused by to high ph ?

pics below

thanks

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bennyh

Hi

Its me again with another problem.

This time plants are turning yellow from the top and the yellow leaves got few little dark spots size of pin and some rust, the bottom of plant is not affected

Environmentally everything is almost same as before just co2 went up to 1000ppm in steps of 200ppm every 2 days.

Now i water 1x day with good runoff
I added .5ml/l pk13/14 to my feeding program and in last 3 days i gave the .25ml/l of ca/mg boost from aptus (mass boost in us) to boost magnesium because of serration on the leaves but i dont know if it was a good idea but to me it looked like mag def on some photos in Joe's Fresh Guide

ec is 1.2-1.3 and ph is 6.0-6.1

what do you thin can this be zink or molybdenum caused by to high ph ?

pics below

thanks

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

What cut of amnesia is this? I run the coffee shop cut at a lower ph for this exact problem even in coco. 5.6. Very fussy with N, claws very easily. Yellowing from top down generally means a micronutrient problem lower ph to make magnese zinc iron more accessible