What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Mill's Pride Club

wickedpete66

Hey anybody know if SimonC registered here yet? I know he has his fan blowing into his scrubber and he has mentioned a few times what kind of filter he puts on the inside of it. Does anybodt remeber what it was?

sumo

Simonc posted as a guest on Enah's c25 thread.The prefilter is probably like that foam air conditioner filter or they also make a carbon impregnated version that costs more. I just discovered that there is a C-13 club thread started on 02-05-06 by Fat Puda. This thread now seems a bit redundant. I really enjoyed hosting the latest version on OG and may have it back if OG gets running but I now see where the Mills Priders are hanging for now and it is at the c-13 club thread in growers forum.

bostrom155

wickedpete66 said:
Hey anybody know if SimonC registered here yet? I know he has his fan blowing into his scrubber and he has mentioned a few times what kind of filter he puts on the inside of it. Does anybodt remeber what it was?

You can google cache it and re read it...might take awhile

well for my first grow i used a mix a 400 and 800 in my c24. im bout to move and my plans r to buy another 1 and but them together. that should give me about 3x4 and i plan on putting a 3x3 bed in it. i have dual 400 in 1 hood. i plan on putting it on a 3ft light mover within the box.dont know how im gonna do the exhaust just yet cause its gonna be on a mover but the hood has its on lil 4 inch pc type fan i think its about 102cfm. i want 2 try and get about 2 pounds every 2 months :yoinks: . using another cab for my moms.

SinnerCity

:wave: Heya fellow cab folk haha
Jus finishin my c24 now..still gotta light proof it and add a lock.
Running a 250w MH with a HPS conversion bulb for flower, strains are White Rhino and AK48, (Thanks Gypsy!)
Homemade SunScrubber filter with a 265 cfm fan for outtake and 2 130mm 150cfm pabst axial fans for intake.
I'm growing a few moms in soil and running the other two in a shallow bubbler using GH 3 part nutes.

best regards
SC

wickedpete66

hey all, I use to grow in a couple of c-13's, but now I have just set up a c-24. the ballast is an extra sun mh/hps 400watts w/ a daystar ac hood. passive intakes are the (4) 4" holes that you see along the bottom, I used 90* elbows w/ 6" extension and spray painted them flat black. exhaust is through a 449cfm vortex fan. I also have a can 33 scrubber. I just finished it today and after having it on for 2 hours now. ambient temps are 68* and cab temps are 75*

tokinsmokin

I still wouldn't give them that much credit sumo, but yeah we are blessed to still be able to grow given the small space. I just got my c24 up and running, I've got a 600 with a 521 cfm Fantech Fan running a 7 bucket E&F setup, I will be starting a new thread as soon as everything gets on the road, and I will update here as well. There are a few other additions to this that will make them a first for a cab and as a system! so watch out.

sumo

Nice cabs guys. I think the whole Mill's Pride thing is a hoot. Talk about love hate relationships. Why do we do the things we do? I'm surprised dark room vents or louvres if your french have not cought on more. I am now a believer. Are you sure you need shelf Tokin? I had a piece of plywood cut to fit back and placed over white cardboard thing which strengthened mine from beginning. My cab looks very spartan but it evolved into what you see. Just like an Ipod looks very simple, there is alot of technology there too.

G

sumo you read my mind! Just eailer today I was saying how they need a millspride thread.....time to get my lazy ass up and get my camera so we can liven the place up a bit =)

Veg pics arent that sexy, but they will have to do.

To strenghten the back you can also get a piece of melemene cut to fit the back, that way it looks like it was part of the cab itself. The plywood works well tho too....

As for the shelf, I have recently taken mine out. Without it I gained much needed vertical space, and still have room for everything to fit inside the cab.

I will never get a louver :wink:
2 degrees above ambient works just fine for me :joint:

tokinsmokin

As for my shelf I could make the c24 without the shelf but it gives mine stability or else it would be really flimsy, since I don't have the plywood cut out on the back. The plywood back would be a nice addition to this but I'm not too worried about it. Also I raised the shelf from where it was supposed to be so that the fan would fit perfectly in the space, without the shelf I wouldn't be able to get much more vertical height since the fan would still be in the same spot and would only allow me to be able to raise the light a few inches higher.

I agree on the Louver I just ordered mine, 1 8x8 louver. I want to buy a 2nd one but for 20-25 bucks a piece they are pretty expensive. Considering most people with a cab are on tight budgets. Do you think this will suffice for a 521 cfm fan? What do you think for those that have them?

sumo

tokinsmokin, you know what you are talking about. I grow in potting mix so I am no scientist or expert. My philosophy is to supply myself as efficiently and as easily as possible. However, you'll know when the vent is installed and you take temps. Nice box. You will be lighting them up with that 600w.

G

tokin it seems like the shelf is usefull to your structure, but I suggest getting a backing for it. Not only will it be stronger, but prob. a lil quieter also. Only mention this because a few inches doesn't seem like much, but when you are just a couple inches too long, you will wish you had em =) I am now shelf-less because of a few inches. Everything still fitts inside fine, but just hung strategically.

Here are a few pics I promised.....they aren't the sexiest cuz they are day 7 or 8 of flower (2 weeks of veg)

Some Juicy Fruit

nl x haze

only thing that is comming out of the cab is the top part of the ducting, everything else is inside....or underneath. Well you can see the tot lock also, but its usually hidden

after chopping a male yesterday, this is a breath of fresh air

some seedlings, the future generation

How the c02 gets in

Inside bubblin buckets

Last edited:

argo 430

Heres a pic of my c-13 in action i placed the cool tube vertically it seems to work pretty good i do burn some fanners on the tube itself.Thanks for all the original c-13 ers for my inspiration

Sauce

<1 week :D :smoker:

Cool tube vertically has worked really nice however it's clear that the inside bud got much fatter than outside sites. My next system I plan to use 2x 5g buckets and rotate them for equal coverage.

Btw that's a C25 with a 250w hps with clones from a friend (I think bagseed). Using DWC buckets and hoping for 2-3oz (3 plants).

Last edited:

AbbieDoobie

Nice to see you, sumo. Hello, from another Maliboo disciple. Everyone rock on with your Mill's Pride cabs. In the midst of my 3rd grow in my C13. Take care and stay safe.

Last edited:

sumo

No two are exactly alike. sumo is still growing. Mostly AK48 this grow. About three weeks veg on these. Repacked the SIS carbon filter and had it on standby waiting for the plants to start reeking and they have. Bought $20 worth of carbon from aquarium shop. Didn't order off of web early enough. They sell cheap charcoal at a Home Depot near me but you have to sift the stuff while wearing a dust mask to get rid of the dust. Didn't do this last time and when turned fan on a huge cloud of dust shot out of this thing. Hey its just carbon. Aren't we carbon based life forms? I was extra carbon based that day. Felt like a chimney sweep, but I digress. Love all the different cabs. You guys seem too smart to be stoners.

Last edited:
what kind of weather stripping do ya peeps use on ya cabinets.....im having problems with the stuff i bought....it keeps getting pushed out to the side......i think i got too big of weather stripping.....please help.

sumo

Lightproofing cab is not difficult if done correctly. First make sure the cab is sitting level. Shim it till it is sitting level. Now read how the door hinges can be adjusted. They are capable of moving doors up,down, side to side, and in and out. They are the nicest part of these cabs those spring loaded hinges that keep doors shut. Now use your head. I would adjust doors so they would be square with the size gap needed for your weatherstripping. Once everything looks right apply weatherstripping to all edges that will meet on the cab side and on inside edge of one door. Always close both doors together to avoid ripping that strip off. I left paper backing on my foam weatherstripping to make it work smoother.

Last edited:

tokinsmokin

nice cabs everyone, look great, fun to see full cabs instead of a plantless cab like mine :(.

As for the weatherstripping, you can also use xtreme rubber weathersealing which works great too. Just need to do some tinkering it is some what of a pain.

Nice cab sumo, I just refilled my carbon scrubber too and I cleaned some of the carbon before I put it in the scrubber, wow is that not fun, I had black shit in my throat and nose from all the dust. I'll give an update soon with my scrubber and louver along with some BOG Sour Bubble.

Latest posts

Latest posts